September Bargains?

12Mermaids

Good evening!

I've seen several offhand mentions of bargains in September, as the shops in port are at the end of their season. I leave Tuesday from Vancouver for 7 nights. That week is the second-to-last for the Alaska season, as far as I can see. Last cruise with any major line departs Seattle on 24 September, I think.

We will be stopping at Juneau, Skagway, and Ketchikan.

Is the merchandise on sale merely souvenir t-shirts or is anything more unique available?

Thanks, in advance, for any insight you can provide!

Good evening!

I've seen several offhand mentions of bargains in September, as the shops in port are at the end of their season. I leave Tuesday from Vancouver for 7 nights. That week is the second-to-last for the Alaska season, as far as I can see. Last cruise with any major line departs Seattle on 24 September, I think.

We will be stopping at Juneau, Skagway, and Ketchikan.

Is the merchandise on sale merely souvenir t-shirts or is anything more unique available?

Thanks, in advance, for any insight you can provide!

Our last September cruise we saw the biggest savings on tourist merchandise in Juneau (we visited the same ports) approx 70% off Alaska T-shirt Company just across the street from Roberts Tramway.

Last ship in Juneau is HAL's ms Volendam on Oct 1. Couple more HAL ships a bit earlier on Sept 26 make their last visits.

Juneau Schedule

On both our Spring Transatlantics the ships were having "end of season" sales on all their Caribbean stuff so they could display the Europe items.

We did a September cruise three years ago, and found that much, if not all, of the mass produced merchandise was on sale. That particular cruise missed Ketchikan (all four of the ships scheduled to call in Ketchikan that day cancelled due to weather issues). But I did buy some heavy sweatshirts in Skagway and more sweatshirts plus t-shirts in Juneau.

Years ago I was on the last Celebrity cruise of the year, a 10 day from Vancouver to LA. They marked everything in the onboard shop down 10% each day until the shop was empty. You had to balance how much you wanted to pay with the chance it would be there the next day. When the discount hit about 60% it looked like a bomb had gone off in the shop with merchandise throw everywhere as people looked for their deals. LOL

Last couple of days everything left was just in a big pile on the floor, the shelves and walls were totally bare. Very unique way of clearing out the shop and they did sell absolutely everything in the shop.

Souvenir stuff on sale supposedly- not really because the 50% off price is what I was willing to pay in the first place!

Just did Ruby Princess' last Alaskan tour(back on Sept.18th); I wanted to get a realllllyyyyy nice Ulu knife and bowl set for my chef daughter and was able to use the end of the season to dicker a 30% discount off a high end knife. So I would just start the bargaining with the end of the season reason and go from there!

Pooh