Vines and Sushi

RBAlbany

My question is specific to the Star as we are sailing on her summer 2017. If I have read material correctly sushi is free if a glass of wine is ordered. Is that correct.? Wife and I like sushi, but are not big wine drinkers. Is it possible to get free sushi without the wine. We are using Sip n Sail, so the wine will cost nothing. Really don't want to waste it. Is there a sushi menu somewhere?

My question is specific to the Star as we are sailing on her summer 2017. If I have read material correctly sushi is free if a glass of wine is ordered. Is that correct.? Wife and I like sushi, but are not big wine drinkers. Is it possible to get free sushi without the wine. We are using Sip n Sail, so the wine will cost nothing. Really don't want to waste it. Is there a sushi menu somewhere?

You just have to order a drink. You can even use your coffee card and buy a specialty coffee, or buy a coke, and receive the tapas or sushi. At least that how it works on the other ship! With your free drinks, I'm sure it won't be a problem!

Edited by septrack

My wife and I have sushi once a month here in Omaha. I know that's like saying someone has beef once a month in California, but still we loved the sushi. We are wine drinkers and so not a problem for us, but good to know you can order anything and get the sushi. Have fun.

Our experience on Star is that you do have to buy something at Vines. If they aren't too busy they might get you a coffee or something from the IC, but the requirement is more geared towards encouragement of the wine purchase.

If you have the sip n sail, then it costs you nothing. I'm sure if you discretely tell them you really aren't into wine, they might make a suggestion for a glass, if you don't like it, leave it. It doesn't hurt to just ask either, but I've heard people get turned down when just ordering the sushi or tapas and no wine. That was on a holiday cruise and it was crowded, so you never know.

PS the sushi is just OK. Think supermarket sushi.

PS the sushi is just OK. Think supermarket sushi.

There is really a huge difference between "good sushi" and "California roll" sushi. Not even vaguely the same thing. The first time I had good sushi I was completely blown away.