.......idle jottings continued

CCHelp

What a coincidence..... I have a magnum too..... So does Raggy.:eek::D

I'm a 1911 man myself. Have several, including a NIB-condition US&S.

Oh pleeeezz !

Boys and their toys.

Ehh.......ladies

Don't all s******.

We all know the reason for having a big gun.........(wink-wink)

Freud wrote about it quite extensively

Ladies get it straight away.....

Hum on the other hand

also has magnums

but of liquid art, culture, refinement, luvvvvvv,

and meant for sharing

in the spirit of love and friendship

Quite a few champagnes too

Vintage wines are known to age longer (and taste better) in the larger bottles: just like Hummy

So, straight choice ladies

looking at pieces of metal, substitutes for..........(you know what !)

and being told boring facts, quoting sizes and reference codes

or

being invited to imbibe a few chilled glasses of something exciting and special

lounging in comfort on a sofa with big soft cushions and throws, shoes off

and indulging in carefree, frivolous chit-chat with soft music in the background (Marvin Gaye's "Let's get it on" followed by "Sexual Healing" on constant loop), toasty warm, in front of an open fire and ever attentive Hummy to cater just for you.

Hum would then take you for spin around the estate in his red "E-Type Jaguar" to watch the sun set over the chapel before heading back to finish the bottle and then......

Whaaaaaaat ????

IMG_1449_zpsfzwdxr8z.jpg

Oh pleeeezz !

Boys and their toys.

Ehh.......ladies

Don't all s******.

Hum on the other hand

also has magnums

and meant for sharing

Vintage wines are known to age longer (and taste better) in the larger bottles: just like Hummy

or

and indulging in carefree, frivolous chit-chat with soft music in the background (Marvin Gaye's "Let's get it on" followed by "Sexual Healing" on constant loop), toasty warm, in front of an open fire and ever attentive Hummy to cater just for you.

Hum would then take you for spin around the estate in his red "E-Type Jaguar" to watch the sun set over the chapel before heading back to finish the bottle and then......

Whaaaaaaat ????

IMG_1449_zpsfzwdxr8z.jpg

Hmmm...it all depends. What size are your feet? hehehehe

Dearest hum,

Baron and Baroness made the first booking for next year, departing end of May 2017:

Star Pride - Island of the West Med.

Very nice and special itinierary: Rome - Elba - Cinque Terre - Korsika - Sardinia - Mallorca - Barcelona

As hum and blondie might not find the way to Germany, perhaps they might join us on this cruise??? ;)

@Ragnar: Yes - Windstar again - fire at will! :D

Nice time of year Baron but Hum would have just finished the April Transatlantic Crossing and Hum really wants to see Heidelberg and you dearest, dearest chums.

The itinerary looks wonderful but it will be cool ........ suits Hum.

Hmmm...it all depends. What size are your feet? hehehehe

Oh behave !

Ho "11"" Hum......International Man of Mystery

Hum did a re-paint of his e-type specially for you........go to the end.

[YOUTUBE]zd11cRuljMk[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by ho-hum

Oh man, that took me waaaay back! To when I met "hippy chick" MrsD :D This is her back in the day. Before her career veered serious, and she had to learn to shoot pistols, shotguns, and yes...... submachine guns. Don't mess with MrsD, she'll put the hurt on you....

She IS the International Woman of Mystery.

image.jpg.c4f4f2ca00d915a16db226ccad39d051.jpg

Oh man, that took me waaaay back! To when I met "hippy chick" MrsD :D This is her back in the day. Before her career veered serious, and she had to learn to shoot pistols, shotguns, and yes...... submachine guns. Don't mess with MrsD, she'll put the hurt on you....

She IS the International Woman of Mystery.

Grrr baby....

IMG_1451.jpg.dc8d69ca72d3f72a0ea60326f5c4aca0.jpg

Oh pleeeezz !

Boys and their toys.

Ehh.......ladies

Don't all s******.

Hum on the other hand

also has magnums

and meant for sharing

or

Whaaaaaaat ????

IMG_1449_zpsfzwdxr8z.jpg

Mine was red with black leather too.......Well, except it was an MGB......But still cool and fun.:D But I have to say this beautiful E Type is the bomb!

Edited by Jim Avery

Dearest hum,

Baron and Baroness made the first booking for next year, departing end of May 2017:

Star Pride - Island of the West Med.

Very nice and special itinierary: Rome - Elba - Cinque Terre - Korsika - Sardinia - Mallorca - Barcelona

As hum and blondie might not find the way to Germany, perhaps they might join us on this cruise??? ;)

@Ragnar: Yes - Windstar again - fire at will! :D

Nice time of year Baron but Hum would have just finished the April Transatlantic Crossing and Hum really wants to see Heidelberg and you dearest, dearest chums.

The itinerary looks wonderful but it will be cool ........ suits Hum.

So is "Tokiman" the posh version of Tiki_Man? I feel honored the Hum had updated my Moniker. :)

A simple slip of the finger dear chum.

Hum's "I's" are right next to his "O's" you see.

Ever noticed Hum's "pists": Hum never corrected it, well seems so appropriate (Hum has now adopted "prescriptive writing").

Apologies for in-correctly naming you.......terrible manners.

You were gracious to tolerate the incorrect title.

Please pass on Hum's regards to your Monica.

Charming lady, Hum's sure...especially now she has been updated (trying to do the same with Blondie: just can't get the parts !).

Your request for the "Guest Voyage Review" is coming.

Just waiting for a lull.

Too much Hum makes many feel nauseous.

Well Bodog ... so good they named him twice Bodogbodog,

Hi to you too dear chum from "down under".

How's your dollar doing after the Trump thingy ?

The news you posted will be of tremendous interest to SD'ers who fancy an alternative to SD in the Caribbean.

So thanks for being the first to break the news.v

SD'ers will no doubt be very appreciative and interested in an alternative to SD.

Obviously the "top management" at Crystal have just realised the Yanks do not fly as far as the Seychelles and do not like passing through Middle Eastern countries: they are mis-informed of course because if they are passing through Dubai (as most do), it is very safe and many find it a destination worth visiting, if only once.

It's a kind of Las Vegas of the Middle East but with robed women.

Hum knows you are a great fan and patron of Crystal (the big ships): a cruise line that performs remarkably well at this level of the market and is favoured by discerning international traveller's, such as your good self (grovel, grovel, grovel........but it's true. Does Hum have to do all the criticism of his own posts too ? Seems that way, you lethargic lot !).

Hum tried the Crystal Esprit, as was documented a while back.

Hum felt it had issues to resolve: big issues actually.

It "rolled" in temperate sea conditions (although it seems Hum was the only one to report this) and the waiting and bar staff require replacing.

Big ship crew types: no initiative, no personality, cyborgs would be better.

Has anybody seen the new "Westworld" tv series ? You get Hum's drift ?

Hopeless onboard management: no style, no direction, no confidence, no command.

Restricted outside dining and meal times.

But Hum loved the cabins, the wifi, the (inside) bar, the bridge crew, the Housekeepers, the Butlers and especially the Captain, what a great guy.

There were other aspects of the experience that were extremely good too.

But Hum is sure many, many SD'ers will give her a go.

Now the really interesting thing happened a few days after Bodogbog's post. The representative for Crystal visited our posh TA to pitch for business.

The TA knew Hum had a few issues with Crystal but invited us back as hey had adopted some changes that Hum had raised.

Well how do you like that ?

A company that listens !

Unfortunately Hum will not be returning but wish Crystal well.

Anybody that tries Crystal must report back here.

Promise ?

Well Bodog ... so good they named him twice .....Anybody that tries Crystal must report back here.

Promise ?

Hi Hum

I got the stutters when I chose my username a few years back - truth be told I needed a 6 character username and my creative juices were at a low level that day - I was probably stone cold sober - anyway that's the tale of bodogbodog

That is refreshing to hear Crystal are listening and courting your good self (particularly if it was Crystal UK as I've not heard great things about them - actually maybe that might be the case for all those of British heritage actually)

Next thing you'll be getting a "royal" visit from our Queen CEO - HRH Edie (from New York City no less) - when she calls no one gets to decline the "invitation"

I hope they have made those crew changes or modified their approach on Esprit - we don't hear much about Crystal Esprit over on the Crystal Forums - it must be frequented by the younger set or some non Ocean cruising types (when it's not having a break getting its temperamental air con fixed)

I wont be yachting - at least not until Crystal get their 3 (yes three promised but not yet under construction) expedition yachts (capacity 200 guests) - the first will be named Endeavor in honour of James Cooks HMS Endeavour - but the Americans couldn't get the spelling right which is disgraceful given they say it's named after it - a very sore point amongst those of us who have been properly educated

Thank you for not mentioning the cricket - our selectors (those that are left anyway) have just named 6 brand spanking new replacements for the third test which starts later this week (a day/night affair which is a challenge for test match cricket)

I see the South Africans went down to Italy in Rugby - what on earth is the world coming to - so England's win over RSA last week wasn't so impressive after all - meanwhile we march onwards to a Grand Slam (ever hopeful as we need one of our national teams to win on the international stage!)

Hi Hum

I got the stutters when I chose my username a few years back - truth be told I needed a 6 character username and my creative juices were at a low level that day - I was probably stone cold sober - anyway that's the tale of bodogbodog

............BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH,BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH,BLAH, BLAH.........

Thank you for not mentioning the cricket - our selectors (those that are left anooyway) have just named 6 brand spanking new replacements for the third test which starts later this week (a day/night affair which is a challenge for test match cricket)

I see the South Africans went down to Italy in Rugby - what on earth is the world coming to - so England's win over RSA last week wasn't so impressive after all - meanwhile we march onwards to a Grand Slam (ever hopeful as we need one of our national teams to win on the international stage!)

Well at least the Aussies beat the French, so you have something to "crow" about.

When England demolished SA, it sent them into a huge downward spiral, so even though the Italians also beat them (just), England will still take credit for delivering the first crushing blow which they obviously had not recovered from.

They also beat Fiji however it galls Hum to see a former great Fijian player is now English and played against his former countrymen.

This is crazy.

Yes the in-correct naming of a ship supposedly out of respect to a historic ship is plain dumb and dis-respectful and actually devalues the prestige of the product.

Ignorant and thoughtless, in big bold letters, right out front !

What muppet came up with that bright idea ?

And what bigger muppets approved it ?

Oh and it's patronising to Americans too.

Changing names because they consider a Yank won't get it.

Crystal are implying Yanks are dumb.

Not true.

Bigly.

ALL the Yanks Hum has met travelling are equally cultured and respectful of other cultures which they appreciate and enjoy........that's why they (and the rest of us) travel.

Hum thinks SDII has just passed it's USPH (that's US Public Health)

Hum also thinks they did ......... err really quite well too.

For the crew this is a massive relief.

If it is true.......then well done guys.

Oh and they had US Coastguard inspection the day they moored at St.Thomas.