.......idle jottings continued

CCHelp

New competition for SeaDream coming to the Caribbean November 2017 through all of 2018. Crystal Cruises has announced Crystal Esprit will sail from St. Martin on various combinable itineraries of the BVI and Eastern Caribbean. This is in direct competition with SeaDream going to many of the same islands including Jost van Dyke, Virgin Gorda, and others. Have not seen fares yet but I suspect they will be competitive.

New competition for SeaDream coming to the Caribbean November 2017 through all of 2018. Crystal Cruises has announced Crystal Esprit will sail from St. Martin on various combinable itineraries of the BVI and Eastern Caribbean. This is in direct competition with SeaDream going to many of the same islands including Jost van Dyke, Virgin Gorda, and others. Have not seen fares yet but I suspect they will be competitive.

Jim, when you say all of 2018 does that mean she stays there through the summer season? If so that could be a game changer for the Carib. No high end ship from April to Nov normally in the southern Carib. Certainly not as small and intimate as SeaDream but a choice for those that want to cruise the smaller islands during the summer months.

Jim, when you say all of 2018 does that mean she stays there through the summer season? If so that could be a game changer for the Carib. No high end ship from April to Nov normally in the southern Carib. Certainly not as small and intimate as SeaDream but a choice for those that want to cruise the smaller islands during the summer months.

But Caribbean itineraries could be problematic during hurricane season. The megaships that stay there all year, like Royal Caribbean and Carnival, seem capable of riding out the storms. Not sure I'd like to see a yacht try to do that. Trying to find safe haven could really disrupt schedules.

News Update from Canada

The flood of Trump-fearing American liberals sneaking across the border into Canada has intensified in the past weeks.

The Republican presidential campaign is prompting an exodus among left-leaning Americans who fear they'll soon be required to hunt, pray, pay taxes, and live according to the Constitution.

Canadian border residents say it's not uncommon to see dozens of sociology professors, liberal arts majors, global-warming activists, and "green" energy proponents crossing their fields at night.

"I went out to milk the cows the other day, and there was a Hollywood producer huddled in the barn," said southern Manitoba farmer Red Greenfield, whose acreage borders North Dakota.

"He was cold, exhausted and hungry, and begged me for a latte and some free-range chicken. When I said I didn't have any, he left before I even got a chance to show him my screenplay, eh?"

In an effort to stop the illegal aliens, Greenfield erected higher fences, but the liberals scaled them.

He then installed loudspeakers that blared Rush Limbaugh across the fields, but they just stuck their fingers in their ears and kept coming.

Officials are particularly concerned about smugglers who meet liberals just south of the border, pack them into electric cars, and drive them across the border, where they are simply left to fend for themselves after the battery dies.

"A lot of these people are not prepared for our rugged conditions," an Alberta border patrolman said. "I found one carload without a single bottle of Perrier water, or any gemelli with shrimp and arugula.

All they had was a nice little Napa Valley cabernet and some kale chips.

When liberals are caught, they're sent back across the border, often wailing that they fear persecution from Trump high-hairers.

Rumors are circulating about plans being made to build re-education camps where liberals will be forced to drink domestic beer, study the Constitution, and find jobs that actually contribute to the economy.

In recent days, liberals have turned to ingenious ways of crossing the border.

Some have been disguised as senior citizens taking a bus trip to buy cheap Canadian prescription drugs.

After catching a half-dozen young vegans in blue-hair wig disguises, Canadian immigration authorities began stopping buses and quizzing the supposed senior citizens about Perry Como and Rosemary Clooney to prove that they were alive in the '50s.

"If they can't identify the accordion player on The Lawrence Welk Show, we become very suspicious about their age," an official said.

Canadian citizens have complained that the illegal immigrants are creating an organic-broccoli shortage, are buying up all the Barbara Streisand CD's, and are overloading the internet while downloading jazzercise apps to their cell phones.

"I really feel sorry for American liberals, but the Canadian economy just can't support them," an Ottawa resident said. "After all, how many art-history majors does one country need

No, not year round........come on guys !

Diggghhhh !!!!

And that includes you professor TZ !!!

How's the "ivory tower" ?

Edited by ho-hum

Yes, year round according to their posts. Several larger ships are already there year round. I have worked there year round on various vessels and, given a small knowledge of weather movements, it is quite easy, with all those islands, to avoid the worst winds and seas. For the most part, the majority of days in the caribbean are hurricane free even in the summer. The real problem is if, on change over day, one of the major airports is a direct hit and closes. Rare but it happens. Imho, not a bad move considering how many people do not want long hauls anymore. They could avoid it altogether by doing the ABC islands and cartagena which is conveniently below the normal hurricane tracks.

Edited by Jim Avery

No, not year round........come on guys !

Diggghhhh !!!!

And that includes you professor TZ !!!

How's the "ivory tower" ?

Now, ho-hum, you know that the tower from which I impart knowledge is made only with renewable materials. Can't go on destroying the elephants. Even the new edition of the Greatest Show on Earth has begun without those stately pachyderms.

Based upon your review of the seaworthiness of the Esprit, I would imagine the crossings on her would not be for the faint-hearted if she wasn't going to be in the Caribbean all year.

Interesting to read some of the political commentaries on what used to be such a congenial board. May have to check passenger lists before we sail again.

Edited by TrapperZimmy

What is this political commentary you speak of oh Trapper one? Mr. T is not in office yet so he can't be blamed for doing anything, right? Mr. Hum's politics are all over the place depending on the quality of the wine most recently imbibed. Just as all the ones before, we shall have to wait and see what we get to complain about next.:eek::D

Yes, year round according to their posts. Several larger ships are already there year round. I have worked there year round on various vessels and, given a small knowledge of weather movements, it is quite easy, with all those islands, to avoid the worst winds and seas. For the most part, the majority of days in the caribbean are hurricane free even in the summer. The real problem is if, on change over day, one of the major airports is a direct hit and closes. Rare but it happens. Imho, not a bad move considering how many people do not want long hauls anymore. They could avoid it altogether by doing the ABC islands and cartagena which is conveniently below the normal hurricane tracks.

WHAT !!!!

Oh grovel, grovel, grovel......

This vessel could'nt do the Caribbean on a calm winter morning, there is no way Hum would do it in summer (our winters).

Chums (who know better than Hum) this cannot be true.

But Jim is THE MAN.....

Apologies to all H has ridiculed.

Hum, you damn silly fool !

Especially sorry to Tokiman and dearest TZ.

Forgiven ?

Edited by ho-hum

WHAT !!!!

Oh grovel, grovel, grovel......

This vessel could'nt do the Caribbean on a calm winter morning, there is no way Hum would do it in summer (our winters).

Chums (who know better than Hum) this cannot be true.

But Jim is THE MAN.....

Apologies to all H has ridiculed.

Hum, you damn silly fool !

Especially sorry to Tokiman and dearest TZ.

Forgiven ?

Forgiven? for What? Just Hum being Hum. Sort of like The Donald being The Donald.......

Now, ho-hum, you know that the tower from which I impart knowledge is made only with renewable materials. Can't go on destroying the elephants. Even the new edition of the Greatest Show on Earth has begun without those stately pachyderms.

Based upon your review of the seaworthiness of the Esprit, I would imagine the crossings on her would not be for the faint-hearted if she wasn't going to be in the Caribbean all year.

Interesting to read some of the political commentaries on what used to be such a congenial board. May have to check passenger lists before we sail again.

Oh there you are.

Now there is NO WAY Crystal would offer this as a Transatlantic for regular passengers BUT do you know, if they did.

Hum might do it !!

It will be bouncy and few would be onboard BUT heck it would be "one heck of a ride" !!!!

Anybody else MAD enough to do it ?

Why not charter it ?

Crystal, if you're listening Hum would charter it for $500 per CABIN.

DEAL ?

Hum would say, politically, the Trump supporters have the "bragging rights" (and that's only what it is).

Time will tell dear chum, time will tell.

It seems to Hum that the "great man" is..........

No

H will not say.

We are chums here.

Let us never hold back but let us "pull our punches" and "plant a kiss on the lips" instead.

Americans are good people.

Hum will never be dissuaded from that opinion.

Hum has been drinking a bottle of Ventoux: a Cote du Rhone.

Heck it's empty!!

Hum you fool.

What is this political commentary you speak of oh Trapper one? Mr. T is not in office yet so he can't be blamed for doing anything, right? Mr. Hum's politics are all over the place depending on the quality of the wine most recently imbibed. Just as all the ones before, we shall have to wait and see what we get to complain about next.:eek::D

You old beggar !!

Hum protests at your slur on his character !!

Hum ONLY drinks quality vino AND so his decisions are informed.

You sir, drink "horse shot" tikila !

And so any opinion you utter has to be viewed with some critical facility and a "pinch of salt".

Now, now.....let us stop.

Relax and feel the love boys or at least play nicely which everybody here is more than able to do because the chums here are class.

Luv ya Jim

Luv ya TZ

Luv ya Contessa

You never gave a report on your experience drinking Slivovitz at the wedding. Did it erase your mind?

The problem TZ was there was little mind to start with......the wine had taken it's toll over the decades !!!

TZ, you gotta believe Hum.

Hum resisted the slivovitz for over 10 minutes !!!!

But then gotta taste for it.

It's from plums right ?

It's now Hum's "5 a day" !!!

News Update from Canada

The flood of Trump-fearing American liberals sneaking across the border into Canada has intensified in the past weeks.

The Republican presidential campaign is prompting an exodus among left-leaning Americans who fear they'll soon be required to hunt, pray, pay taxes, and live according to the Constitution.

Canadian border residents say it's not uncommon to see dozens of sociology professors, liberal arts majors, global-warming activists, and "green" energy proponents crossing their fields at night.

"I went out to milk the cows the other day, and there was a Hollywood producer huddled in the barn," said southern Manitoba farmer Red Greenfield, whose acreage borders North Dakota.

"He was cold, exhausted and hungry, and begged me for a latte and some free-range chicken. When I said I didn't have any, he left before I even got a chance to show him my screenplay, eh?"

In an effort to stop the illegal aliens, Greenfield erected higher fences, but the liberals scaled them.

He then installed loudspeakers that blared Rush Limbaugh across the fields, but they just stuck their fingers in their ears and kept coming.

Officials are particularly concerned about smugglers who meet liberals just south of the border, pack them into electric cars, and drive them across the border, where they are simply left to fend for themselves after the battery dies.

"A lot of these people are not prepared for our rugged conditions," an Alberta border patrolman said. "I found one carload without a single bottle of Perrier water, or any gemelli with shrimp and arugula.

All they had was a nice little Napa Valley cabernet and some kale chips.

When liberals are caught, they're sent back across the border, often wailing that they fear persecution from Trump high-hairers.

Rumors are circulating about plans being made to build re-education camps where liberals will be forced to drink domestic beer, study the Constitution, and find jobs that actually contribute to the economy.

In recent days, liberals have turned to ingenious ways of crossing the border.

Some have been disguised as senior citizens taking a bus trip to buy cheap Canadian prescription drugs.

After catching a half-dozen young vegans in blue-hair wig disguises, Canadian immigration authorities began stopping buses and quizzing the supposed senior citizens about Perry Como and Rosemary Clooney to prove that they were alive in the '50s.

"If they can't identify the accordion player on The Lawrence Welk Show, we become very suspicious about their age," an official said.

Canadian citizens have complained that the illegal immigrants are creating an organic-broccoli shortage, are buying up all the Barbara Streisand CD's, and are overloading the internet while downloading jazzercise apps to their cell phones.

"I really feel sorry for American liberals, but the Canadian economy just can't support them," an Ottawa resident said. "After all, how many art-history majors does one country need

Haha

Wicked, wicked Contessa !

Hard for you to offend me, h-h. But when will we find out about the "incident" on SD1?

??? ..... Hum and Blondie have'nt sailed on SDI for years dear chum but Blondie did dance on the tables in the early days of the recent xing though that's considered normal, even expected.

We are planning to sail on SDI in 2018 and Blondie may sail on SDI in summer 2017 (with her crazy girlfriend: not Hum).

Edited by ho-hum

We are planning to sail on SDI in 2018 and Blondie may sail on SDI in summer 2017 (with her crazy girlfriend: not Hum).

Dearest hum,

Baron and Baroness made the first booking for next year, departing end of May 2017:

Star Pride - Island of the West Med.

Very nice and special itinierary: Rome - Elba - Cinque Terre - Korsika - Sardinia - Mallorca - Barcelona

As hum and blondie might not find the way to Germany, perhaps they might join us on this cruise??? ;)

@Ragnar: Yes - Windstar again - fire at will! :D

Edited by gcmv

Well said sir.

Just between us, MACT, do you think Donald is "bottling" ?

Does'nt seem that happy being President to Hum's mind.

Can't ask the Yanks cos they are so polarised and they carry gubs.

Jim and Raggy are OK about it but all the same.

I think the only thing The Donald has ever bottled is miracle hair grow.

It appears that there is lots of very hot air flowing around DC at the moment...all the liberals watching aghast as their make believe world crashes down. Can't believe a word that is reported on any MSM...if the BBC and the Guardian are outraged he must be doing just fine. The steam pouring out of their ears,, the bias, the hatred exposed when they learned that Bannon was getting a top job...just lovely, really, truely lovely.

And I love the just announced policy of anyone working for the Trump administration will not be allowed to then lobby any part of government for a full five years after leaving their post! "Your here to serve the nation, not yourself or your bank balance"

The plug on that big stinking swamp is well and truely starting to be pulled. This calls for filling a glass to toast the big D...Mr Hum already having enjoyed a delicious Ventoux, how very civilised indeed Sir.

This damp, dreich winter weather will call for something fulfilling to be taken out the cellar this weekend to accompany a warming beef and chestnut casserol...a Cuvee du Vatican Chateauneuf du Pape no less! If it is good enough for the Pontif...

I think the only thing The Donald has ever bottled is miracle hair grow.

It appears that there is lots of very hot air flowing around DC at the moment...all the liberals watching aghast as their make believe world crashes down. Can't believe a word that is reported on any MSM...if the BBC and the Guardian are outraged he must be doing just fine. The steam pouring out of their ears,, the bias, the hatred exposed when they learned that Bannon was getting a top job...just lovely, really, truely lovely.

And I love the just announced policy of anyone working for the Trump administration will not be allowed to then lobby any part of government for a full five years after leaving their post! "Your here to serve the nation, not yourself or your bank balance"

The plug on that big stinking swamp is well and truely starting to be pulled. This calls for filling a glass to toast the big D...Mr Hum already having enjoyed a delicious Ventoux, how very civilised indeed Sir.

This damp, dreich winter weather will call for something fulfilling to be taken out the cellar this weekend to accompany a warming beef and chestnut casserol...a Cuvee du Vatican Chateauneuf du Pape no less! If it is good enough for the Pontif...

A fine appraisal sir, a fine appraisal of the political condition over the swamp, H expected nothing less, nothing less.

Yes the nauseating whinging of the feckless youth and the "luvvies" is truly embarrassing.

it's like witnessing the hysteria of 11 year old girls to the break up of some stupid boy band !

It's boys night out for H and his chums in Poshland.

A few pints of local ale at the smallest (but oldest) pub in Poshville and then to a restaurant for "entrecôte etes frites" with the very Chateauneuf you speak of: magnum of course.

A fine appraisal sir, a fine appraisal of the political condition over the swamp, H expected nothing less, nothing less.

Yes the nauseating whinging of the feckless youth and the "luvvies" is truly embarrassing.

it's like witnessing the hysteria of 11 year old girls to the break up of some stupid boy band !

It's boys night out for H and his chums in Poshland.

A few pints of local ale at the smallest (but oldest) pub in Poshville and then to a restaurant for "entrecôte etes frites" with the very Chateauneuf you speak of: magnum of course.

What a coincidence..... I have a magnum too..... So does Raggy.:eek::D