CCHelp

Word comes out this morning that a far right nutso from the UK is behind

the fake internet stories designed to denegrate HRC and give a boost

to The Donald.

Yes, one James Dawson is the man behind the effort, working we

understand, in a backyard garage not too far from Poshland. As if

the Brits don't have enough problems to occupy their time, we wind

up with another Steve Bannon.

All this just because we threw a few tea bags in the harbor a few years ago.

Get over it!

Yes, that and that the Brits have never forgiven the Colonists for refusing to drive on the left. Even in the oxcart days......

Such a thing as too bigly. Never having 62 guests at our house again :eek::eek::eek: While a good time, the stress, time, and cost would make us think many more times than twice about doing it again... At least no one spilled red wine on the hand-woven Afghani carpets :D. Rather just meet up with 62 chums on Seadream :)

Very, very tired, will likely go quiet for awhile. Unless, of course, ho-hum baits me...

I have to fess up to not being able to even FIT 62 people in our little bungalow.....The bathroom on SeaDream seems normal to me.......:eek: Bigly little, that's what it is.....

Edited by Jim Avery

Sly old dog? Well, at least partially correct......

Swapping to EBR? No plans as yet. For our next transit thru STT we are booked elsewhere.

As for the foray to the jewelry shop, yes I was most definitely in that loop not to mention that I was not involved and had no economic stake in the outcome. Very surprised to hear in fact that no purchases took place. Oh, well maybe next time. The more shocking news though was your participation. You obviously have a much greater tolerance for jewelry stores and sales people than I do........

In any event, best wishes for an outstanding time on board. We must wait 6 long weeks until we are back on SD.

Blondie is considering an "upgrade" on a piece of jewellery previously purchased some years back from the same lady or a necklace.

We are (unfortunately) returning to St. T quite soon when Blondie will have finalised her choice.

Hum's presence does not constitute "participation" in any shape or form.

The sales lady spends half her time telling Blondie that whatever she is looking at is very rare and that Blondie has wonderful taste for noticing it whilst also keeping an eye on Hum who is fidgeting to leave to get a drink or a bite.

A lovely American couple had a constant stream of drinks supplied: the man signalled to Hum that he was caught "hook, line and sinker" by pulling his mouth to the side !

We lost a good man that day.

He never stood a chance.

Thankyou for your kind best wishes.

6 weeks will fly by old chum.

OK Hum,

Now before you mention Donald's unprecedented spelling error today, let me explain. I know Jim and Raggy will understand.

We have decided to add 3 new words to the Merriam Webster dictionary.

"unpresidented" as in what happened to Hillary.

"unsenated" and "unhoused" is what happened to the Democrats.

Just wanted to keep you abreast of Donald's accomplishments. Happy sailing and a very bigly Merry Christmas to you and Blondie.

Dearest Contessa, Kellyanne Conway would be proud of that "spin".

And a very bigly Merry Xmas to you too.

As we are in full agreement about "sorry St Thomas", I have often wondered why SeaDream don't try a few Miami departures. It could even be MIA-SJU and reverse. SJU airport is better (not good mind you) than the mess at STT and MIA is better yet. For the Hums it would be a direct BA from LHR, right? It certainly would make flights better for us and, I suspect, most folks. Leave Miami at the usual time, stop for a few hours beach/swim in the Eastern Bahamas the next day then arrive in the BVI the next morning. Could be a r/t Miami with a Splash day at some Bahamian facility. Just a curious thought for a nice Sunday afternoon.

Well now onboard.

Left " Schitolla" at 5.00am this morning.

A very nice crowd.

All Yanks except for yours truly.

Never seen so many baseball caps with guys sipping beers from bottles at the TOYB.

Hum quipped "so when's the lynching BOYS" ?

Trying not to look too liberal or English even but slipped up when Hum ordered a pink gin !

Thank heavens the barman didn't put an umbrella in the drink.

What the heck is that ?

A pink gin dear chap.

Hmmm.........the rest looked on suspiciously and resumed their conversation about the falcons and the braves !

No, Hum neither.

Later at cocktails, a Couple of very excited ladies who had taken full advantage of the open bar, gushed:

"Oh we do love your accent, say something again Hum"

"OK then, how's this: if you don't leave Hum alone Hum will call security"

"Hahaha........and again Hum"

"No seriously, if you don't leave Hum alone Hum will call security"

"Oh you are so funny"

Well that had them all in "stitches".......yes of course Hum was joking.

Lovely ladies, friendly and funny.

In fact there are an awful lot of ladies onboard.

Dumped the men and gone out for a good time.

Good for them Hum says.

Met a fan of similar music choice to Hum yet he had not heard of one of America's finest musicians: Captain Beefheart.

Hmmmm.....didn't know "Trout Mask Replica": one of the greatest albums ever.

An acquired taste.

Quite a few crew changes onboard.

Two returning barman which was a lovely surprise (two of Hum's favourites: vastly experienced and great fun).

Three new waiters.

A new Club Director: Matt (former barman).

All very nice.

And to top it all, Monsieur Christophe (HM) !

Formidable !

Matt is great! Sort of like a very young Christopher Reeve playing Clark Kent. We enjoyed him very much. And thanks for the Pink Gin memories. Had my first one in the Ward Room of HMS Cornwall. Another long story. We will have to check your security level Mr. Hum........

Word comes out this morning that a far right nutso from the UK is behind

the fake internet stories designed to denegrate HRC and give a boost

to The Donald.

Yes, one James Dawson is the man behind the effort, working we

understand, in a backyard garage not too far from Poshland. As if

the Brits don't have enough problems to occupy their time, we wind

up with another Steve Bannon.

All this just because we threw a few tea bags in the harbor a few years ago.

Get over it!

It always amazes Hum how the "poor wretches" in the backwoods somehow obtain these wild conspiracy reports of doing Hillary down.

Hum does not read the "National Enquirer" and relies on the British Financial Times and The Economist (as well as a few lurid tabloids showing Miss December in nothing but a Santa hat) instead and so the revelatory "story" was missing from Hum's trusted and impartial news sources.

Kindly elucidate for Hum's benefit dearest chum fuller details of the character and allegations or have you already used the paper in the communal outside toilet ?

Surely everybody knows it was those dastardly "Ruskies" behind Trump's election.

They also hid Hum's glasses down the sofa too !!

Will they stop at nothing ?

And a small point: they were not tea bags but 300 tea chests !

Have you any idea how much that cost in those days ?

Besides it was also a gesture of un-civility which pronounced to the Brits that there was no hope left for this young country who still "bang on" the right to bear arms because the "Brits" might be back !

Come off it !

It always amazes Hum how the "poor wretches" in the backwoods somehow obtain these wild conspiracy reports of doing Hillary down.

Hum does not read the "National Enquirer" and relies on the British Financial Times and The Economist (as well as a few lurid tabloids showing Miss December in nothing but a Santa hat) instead and so the revelatory "story" was missing from Hum's trusted and impartial news sources.

Kindly elucidate for Hum's benefit dearest chum fuller details of the character and allegations or have you already used the paper in the communal outside toilet ?

Surely everybody knows it was those dastardly "Ruskies" behind Trump's election.

They also hid Hum's glasses down the sofa too !!

Will they stop at nothing ?

And a small point: they were not tea bags but 300 tea chests !

Have you any idea how much that cost in those days ?

Besides it was also a gesture of un-civility which pronounced to the Brits that there was no hope left for this young country who still "bang on" the right to bear arms because the "Brits" might be back !

Come off it !

If I were you Hum, I would want my armament for as you say, you might be re invading and you would definitely need protection from the likes of you.......

How about "Eat and get out!"?

Haha............what about in the style of a police caution:

"OK folks nothing to see, move along now"

As we are in full agreement about "sorry St Thomas", I have often wondered why SeaDream don't try a few Miami departures. It could even be MIA-SJU and reverse. SJU airport is better (not good mind you) than the mess at STT and MIA is better yet. For the Hums it would be a direct BA from LHR, right? It certainly would make flights better for us and, I suspect, most folks. Leave Miami at the usual time, stop for a few hours beach/swim in the Eastern Bahamas the next day then arrive in the BVI the next morning. Could be a r/t Miami with a Splash day at some Bahamian facility. Just a curious thought for a nice Sunday afternoon.

Interesting but mooring at MIA is more expensive and fuel costs would be higher going back and forth from Caribbean to MIA.

Just fly straight down on morning of sailing (extended to 6.00pm in case of flight delays).

Edited by ho-hum

Haha............what about in the style of a police caution:

"OK folks nothing to see, move along now"

Interesting but mooring at MIA is more expensive and fuel costs would be higher going back and forth from Caribbean to MIA.

Just fly straight down on morning of sailing (extended to 6.00pm in case of flight delays).

Can't. First flight out in the morning still does not get to SJU or STT by sail away. And that is if all connections are delay free. Which of course leaves one with an expensive and average room in either SJU or (worse) STT. It is working against SD, at least in our minds. We have a lovely FC flight direct from PHX to Hawaii at convenient hours for less money than a two day trek to STT. Lots of great resorts on the island of your choice. Just a thought that SD might make the getting to and from a bit easier for their customers.

Figured I'd beat Porto to this:

"Electoral College Vote Seals Trump White House Victory" - NBC News

Good excuse for you to have a few extra pink gins, ho-hum.

And 4 recalcitrant electors in Washington state refuse to vote for the Hildebeast! Karma is such a thing.

Figured I'd beat Porto to this:

"Electoral College Vote Seals Trump White House Victory" - NBC News

Good excuse for you to have a few extra pink gins, ho-hum.

'Tis a Merry Christmas and even a happier New Year come 20th Jan. Pink gins all round!

Mr Putin is probably waiting for Russia to be blamed for the murder of the Russian Ambassador to Turkey.

Mr Hum certainly likes to seek safe sanctuary in such times... on SeaDream, relaxing and chewing the fat with a bunch of good ol' beer swilling, baseball cap wearing boys. Just don't mention the name H***** C******

Can't. First flight out in the morning still does not get to SJU or STT by sail away.

Seems to me, Jim, that the solution is obvious. Move back east. In fact, if you'd move to ****tola, as h-h refers to it, you could leave home at 1:30 PM day of sailing and take a cab to Crown Bay for embarkation. Brilliant, no?

Can't. First flight out in the morning still does not get to SJU or STT by sail away. And that is if all connections are delay free. Which of course leaves one with an expensive and average room in either SJU or (worse) STT. It is working against SD, at least in our minds. We have a lovely FC flight direct from PHX to Hawaii at convenient hours for less money than a two day trek to STT. Lots of great resorts on the island of your choice. Just a thought that SD might make the getting to and from a bit easier for their customers.

OK then,

Seeing as arrivals and departure from STT are in afternoon, then dock later (after buffet lunch) at 1.00pm and embark from 4.00pm with "sail away" at 8.00pm.

Maybe US Customs officials want SD to dock earlier but planes arrive at all times, why not US Customs at ports ?

Seems to me, Jim, that the solution is obvious. Move back east. In fact, if you'd move to ****tola, as h-h refers to it, you could leave home at 1:30 PM day of sailing and take a cab to Crown Bay for embarkation. Brilliant, no?

My solution is to win the lottery and take over Mr T's soon to be unused flying Ferrari. Till then, future adventures will involve west coast departures or strange land excursions.....Unless added to the massive guest list at Casa San Clemente..:eek:

All our guest accommodations are named. There is a "Jim Avery" casita at the palazzo. Comes complete with a water bowl just outside the entrance.

Waterbowl, nothing like a glug of fresh water when you crawl home at night.

Edited by Jim Avery