I need advice quickly please!

We are going on a TA on the Brilliance of the Seas in a few weeks. This morning we decided to book another cruise for October 2017 - this time a Canada/New England on the Vision of the Seas. My question is are we better off waiting to book until we are on the Brilliance and maybe get some OBC that we can use for Internet on this cruise? We won't be offered OBC if we book now with RCI for next year's cruise on Vision. I hope I've been clear enough. Essentially, would you book now or wait until you were aboard the Brilliance to book the next cruise? Thanks!

We are going on a TA on the Brilliance of the Seas in a few weeks. This morning we decided to book another cruise for October 2017 - this time a Canada/New England on the Vision of the Seas. My question is are we better off waiting to book until we are on the Brilliance and maybe get some OBC that we can use for Internet on this cruise? We won't be offered OBC if we book now with RCI for next year's cruise on Vision. I hope I've been clear enough. Essentially, would you book now or wait until you were aboard the Brilliance to book the next cruise? Thanks!

Unknown.

You will get OBC for booking onboard, but you don't know what the price of the Vision cruise will do in the weeks until you are onboard.

Edited by clarea

Unknown.

You will get OBC for booking onboard, but you don't know what the price of the Vision cruise will do in the weeks until you are onboard.

Any reason why the OP can't book and then cancel/rebook once onboard :confused:

On our prospective cruise on Vision of the Seas, we are being offered a Cat G cabin on Deck 4. One is 4064 - connecting. Other is 4076 - end cabin closer to the Centrum. Has anyone sailed in 4076? I like it due to its proximity to the elevator but am concerned there might be noise from the Centrum? Does the Centrum go down that far on the Vision of the Seas?

Ellen already mentioned that in post #4.

Yeah...sorry... I was posting at the same time (one minute difference)

But thanks for catching that...I'm sure KiwiGal117 does too ;)

Edited by Ashland

On our prospective cruise on Vision of the Seas, we are being offered a Cat G cabin on Deck 4. One is 4064 - connecting. Other is 4076 - end cabin closer to the Centrum. Has anyone sailed in 4076? I like it due to its proximity to the elevator but am concerned there might be noise from the Centrum? Does the Centrum go down that far on the Vision of the Seas?

Hi Chris.

Yes the Vision centrum does go down to and actually ends at deck 4 and in front of 4076 is where the R bar is. It may be a bit noisy.

We had an similar cabin, closest OV to lowest or deck four of centrum on Serenade once. It was noisier than other OV cabins we've had further in the hallway on that deck but not terrible. I guess it all depends on the guests onboard and activities going on in the centrum.

We'll see you on Brilliance next month.

attachment.php?attachmentid=394206&d=1473794469

Vision4576.jpg.bedd20911979cee30b608030c52829cf.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Hi Chris.

Yes the Vision centrum does go down to and actually ends at deck 4 and in front of 4076 is where the R bar is. It may be a bit noisy.

We had an similar cabin, closest OV to lowest or deck four of centrum on Serenade once. It was noisier than other OV cabins we've had further in the hallway on that deck but not terrible. I guess it all depends on the guests onboard and activities going on in the centrum.

We'll see you on Brilliance next month.

attachment.php?attachmentid=394206&d=1473794469

Thanks for the info Bob - good advice. See you next month!

I would book now and then if the price if the same when you board I would book it again and then cancel the first one

I would do this. The OBC you get isn't really worth much (usually $50-$100), and the price of the cruise could easily go up between now and then for more than $100.

Look for some other cruises you'd like in the future, and book those while onboard; you can ask for the OBC to be credited to the cruise you're currently on.

The only real benefit to booking on board is the reduced deposit, which means you can book something far out in the future and not be without the money for a year or two, or book multiple cruises for much less money than if you booked for the $250/person.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ColoradoGurl