Free Bottle of Wine at the Steakhouse

Kruisn'Kay

Hello,

I am going on the Miracle soon. If I remember correctly from the last few cruises, the Steakhouse offers a free bottle of wine on the 1st night. Is this promotion still going on? Is the free wine decent?

Thanks, trying to decide which night to make reservations for:)

If I recall correctly, the free bottle of wine on our Dream cruise was only for the first night. And it was horrible.:eek: Couldn't even finish one wine glass.

Your mileage may vary, and I'm no wine connoisseur, but I know when wine is good or bad, and that was baaaaaad. :( Unless you just want the wine, it's not a feature worth booking for.

The food, however, was excellent! I think they give you the cheapest bottle of wine they can find, knowing it's horrid, in the hopes that you'll spring for a high-priced bottle of something better. ;)

I'm a non-drinker, so I don't know about the quality of the wine from personal experience, but others have told me it's not good. They do, however, over 50% off any other wines on the first night at the steakhouse. From what I have heard, there is no limit to the number of 50% bottles you are allowed to buy that night.

I'm a non-drinker, so I don't know about the quality of the wine from personal experience, but others have told me it's not good. They do, however, over 50% off any other wines on the first night at the steakhouse. From what I have heard, there is no limit to the number of 50% bottles you are allowed to buy that night.

I'll just take the 50% bottle option.

On various cruises, I've tried both the red and the white. Neither would I choose again....

This cruise, I will take advantage of the 50% off any bottle and choose one I like.

The free bottle is on the first night, and sometimes on Elegant Evening as well. Not sure if the 50% is on the Elegant Evening - you will have to check if that is when you choose to go.

Enjoy your cruise.

;)I haven't cruised yet but booked the steakhouse last weekend and just received an email stating that we will be getting a free bottle or 50% off one of their other ( better ) selections....I'm on the conquest in NOV so I cant say for your cruise... we are going to see what the other wines are and how much but if we go with the free bottle and its that bad I can make a sangria out of it! You could book it and see if you receive an email like I did and cancel if you don't... but I posted about the steakhouse a couple weeks ago and everyone said its definitely worth it food is awesome and price is great for what you get..fyi you can order more than one appetizers and sides just not the entrees but im sure you will be super full anyway and I'm going to take peoples advice and get my desert to take back to room! happy sailing!

;)I haven't cruised yet but booked the steakhouse last weekend and just received an email stating that we will be getting a free bottle or 50% off one of their other ( better ) selections....I'm on the conquest in NOV so I cant say for your cruise... we are going to see what the other wines are and how much but if we go with the free bottle and its that bad I can make a sangria out of it! You could book it and see if you receive an email like I did and cancel if you don't... but I posted about the steakhouse a couple weeks ago and everyone said its definitely worth it food is awesome and price is great for what you get..fyi you can order more than one appetizers and sides just not the entrees but im sure you will be super full anyway and I'm going to take peoples advice and get my desert to take back to room! happy sailing!

I didn't realize it was an either/or situation - are you saying if you take the 50% off a bottle of wine, you do not get the free bottle of wine also? We've never done it, so don't know the answer.

• 1 year later...

We went on the Breeze last year and purchased a half off bottle to drink at dinner and took the free bottle with us. Maybe they were being nice*♀️ Going again in April on the Conquest, we shall see...Oh yeah, the free wine was not tasty my hubby finished it

• 4 weeks later...

The free bottle of wine is cheap house wine. Other bottles are half price their jacked up price. We got duped by the half price wine and would not do it again. In fact, we didn't even enjoy the steakhouse. Carnival does not do steak well. All my steaks -- whether in Fahrenheit or MDR were overcooked and rather bland. Ordered medium steak that arrived well done.

The free bottle of wine is cheap house wine. Other bottles are half price their jacked up price. We got duped by the half price wine and would not do it again. In fact, we didn't even enjoy the steakhouse. Carnival does not do steak well. All my steaks -- whether in Fahrenheit or MDR were overcooked and rather bland. Ordered medium steak that arrived well done.

Should have returned the steak