Diamond Perks on Grandeur

BeeSkip

Hi

We have not cruised for a few years. We are diamond members of RCCL and considering the Grandeur of the Seas for a short cruise to Bermuda.

What does this ship offer the diamond members? Is there an official happy hour in the diamond lounge? A captain's cocktail party?

any info appreciated. Thanks

Bee

Hi

We have not cruised for a few years. We are diamond members of RCCL and considering the Grandeur of the Seas for a short cruise to Bermuda.

What does this ship offer the diamond members? Is there an official happy hour in the diamond lounge? A captain's cocktail party?

any info appreciated. Thanks

Bee

If it were me I would take the Anthem to Bermuda. I have visited Bermuda from Baltimore twice and Bayonne once. The amount of time you get actually docked in Bermuda from Bayonne is much better. [9am to 5pm next day] vs [1pm to 2:30pm next day] This is a big difference in port time.

The Grandeur must maneuver the Chesapeake Bay before heading into the open ocean.

Having said that, I really like the Grandeur.

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

Please forgive me for hijacking this question, but I am diamond on RCCL and will be cruising on Grandeur next month. At dinner tonight my husband mentioned going to the "diamond breakfast". (we cruised Explorer back in 2010 and went to breakfast especially for the diamond level).

I am wondering if there is a breakfast for diamond members on Grandeur.

Please forgive me for hijacking this question, but I am diamond on RCCL and will be cruising on Grandeur next month. At dinner tonight my husband mentioned going to the "diamond breakfast". (we cruised Explorer back in 2010 and went to breakfast especially for the diamond level).

I am wondering if there is a breakfast for diamond members on Grandeur.

There was last time we were onboard and it's been mentioned on other threads that it's still offered. It's where we go on ships that have it.

When we sailed Grandeur this past August there was a sign outside of the dining room stating Diamond Event.. But when we tried to enter the head waiter said we must enter with others. I pointed out to him and showed him our cards that we were diamonds but he did not seem interested and insisted we enter at the other entrance.

The only issue was the line for breakfast was really long and just wanted to use the perk to be seated a little faster.

Edited by Tony O