Just off Oasis..quick recap

tbmrt

Full review will follow within a few days. We had a fabulous cruise on the Oasis except for the food. Other than the specialty restaurants most of the food was very bland and really awful in our opinions.

The Oasis had lots of fun activities both daytime and in the evenings. Something for everyone.

Fabulous service from Ari, our steward, to restaurant servers to bartenders etc.

We had the same opinion of the food on the Jewel of the Seas when we sailed on her a couple of years ago. We only ate in the MDR once, then we ate in specialty restos the remainder of the trip.

I had the shrimp cocktail in the MDR and thought it was sub-par. Shrimp cocktail from Costco is higher quality.

We sail on the Oasis in December and are booked in specialty restos for all but two nights. We'll probably do Vintages, Johnny Rockets, or room service on the two open nights.

I can't wait to read your full review.

We sail 10/22/16 - we will eat in MDR on non formal nights, we will make a reserve for Giovanni's one eve and we are ok w/ the Windjammer for a night or two. I myself have never found the food in MDR or Windjammer to be "delicious," but did thoroughly enjoy Giovanni's. What I appreciate about cruising is the opportunity to trying foods and flavors that I otherwise wouldn't be exposed to.

We order one of the new entrée's along with a known entree to assure we get something we like.

We enjoyed the MDR and the new menus, but found some of the new items disappointing. Some of the items may have been great when freshly made, but may end up sitting out too long.

I took a picture of my prime rib because it was so large.

msyx79.jpg