Post Vancouver stay

sargeswife

We are booked on a Princess cruise tour for next year and we would like to spend a couple of nights in Vancouver after we depart. Any hotel recommendations and things to do? We would like to stay in between the port and the airport we think. Also any transfer companies that anyone has worked with? TIA

I would post or, search on this forum

Vancouver answers from a Vancouverite (part 2)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2203845

A lot of good info on the forum.

Quick answer there isn't a company that has shuttle fro downtown hotels

to the airport. The is car services (Limos) , taxi and public transit. The above forum will probablt give you all the answers you want.

Don't stay midway between port & airport - there are very few options to begin with, and it's pretty much just residential suburbs with very little to entice a tourist. You'll spend all of your days going to and from your hotel instead of being able to walk to most of the sights (if you can easily walk a mile on foot, ANY downtown hotel will offer more restaurants, shops, and sightseeing opportunities than you can shake the proverbial stick at - even a half-mile gives you plenty of options as our downtown core is very compact).

There are tons of threads on the boards already mentioned above with opinions of locals and visitors, and if you Search the boards for 'Vancouver' you will turn up lots more info on Roll Call threads too.

If you can't find recent info on a hotel or site that is of interest to you, come back and ask - but without more info about your budget, interests, mobility it's hard to make good recommendations as frankly there's very little that you CANNOT see and do in Vancouver; two days will barely let you scratch the surface, so you definitely need to prioritise the kind of things that you and your traveling companions will enjoy most.

We stayed at the "Sandman Suites on Davie" before our cruise last May. We were very happy with the place and as a post cruise hotel you might find it helpful - each suite is like a small one-bedroom apartment and has a washer/dryer. We picked an ocean view suite that was on the next to the top floor (23rd) with a super view. Each suite also has a small balcony - though being on the 23rd floor...it was a little eerie. I think we paid in the neighborhood of $165USD per night which wasn't bad considering how much space we had. The front desk people were professional and everything very clean - we were very pleased. I liked the neighborhood because there was so many small restaurants to pick from - about any kind of food you can imagine was literally a block or two away. There was even a large drug store and a supermarket across the street. It's not a far walk to quite a few things or a shot cab ride. We used Aerocar to bring us from the airport and then later picked us up for Canada Place on embarkation day. Some might think it's expensive (I'm thinking about $60USD each trip...) but they were very prompt, polite, helpful, didn't drive like maniacs, wore dark suits and they were driving long wheelbase Lincoln Town Cars (almost limo-like) that were CLEAN, comfortable and easily held our luggage. I felt it was a great deal myself - after spending so many thousands of dollars on the cruise, plane tickets, etc I didn't feel like it was at all out of line.

Good luck!

@Sargeswife: From another post... I think you are looking for ideas on May 27, 2017. Looking at booking.com with USD prices for one night...

• $122 Days Inn » cheapest.... but check reviews for potential issues
  • $158 Residence Inn Marriot Vancouver Downtown
  • $181 Rosedale Suite
  • $188 Blue Horizon » a forum fav for budget travelers. Excellent choice of restaurants nearby.
  • $193 Century Plaza
  • $217 Pinnacle Harbourfront
  • $219 Metropolitan
  • $223 Holiday Inn Vancouver Downtown & Suites
  • $224 Marriot Pinnacle downtown
  • $235 Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center
  • $241 Hampton Inn & Suites » a fav choice for Hilton Point collectors
  • $246 Hotel Blu
  • $251 Auberge » 3 blocks south of cruise terminal
  • $269 Pan Pacific » you get to sleep above the cruise terminal! This is a sale price..... I expected a price much closer to the Fairmont Waterfront.
  • $285 Delta
  • $317 Hyatt Regency
  • $337 Shangri-La
  • $348 Sutton Place
  • $378 Westin Bayshore
  • $378 Trump
  • $415 Rosewood
  • $415 Westin Grand
  • $473 Four Seasons
  • $484 Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
  • $506 Fairmont Waterfront
  • $559 Fairmont Pacific Rim

Top three prices based on today's prices and availability..... Rosedale Suite and Blue Horizon are my top choices for a budget multi-night stay. Then again.... I think that's a great price at the Pan Pacific above the cruise terminal.

Edited by xlxo

@Sargeswife: From another post... I think you are looking for ideas on May 27, 2017. Looking at booking.com with USD prices for one night...

• $122 Days Inn » cheapest.... but check reviews for potential issues
  • $158 Residence Inn Marriot Vancouver Downtown
  • $181 Rosedale Suite
  • $188 Blue Horizon » a forum fav for budget travelers. Excellent choice of restaurants nearby.
  • $193 Century Plaza
  • $217 Pinnacle Harbourfront
  • $219 Metropolitan
  • $223 Holiday Inn Vancouver Downtown & Suites
  • $224 Marriot Pinnacle downtown
  • $235 Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center
  • $241 Hampton Inn & Suites » a fav choice for Hilton Point collectors
  • $246 Hotel Blu
  • $251 Auberge » 3 blocks south of cruise terminal
  • $269 Pan Pacific » you get to sleep above the cruise terminal! This is a sale price..... I expected a price much closer to the Fairmont Waterfront.
  • $285 Delta
  • $317 Hyatt Regency
  • $337 Shangri-La
  • $348 Sutton Place
  • $378 Westin Bayshore
  • $378 Trump
  • $415 Rosewood
  • $415 Westin Grand
  • $473 Four Seasons
  • $484 Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
  • $506 Fairmont Waterfront
  • $559 Fairmont Pacific Rim

Top three prices based on today's prices and availability..... Rosedale Suite and Blue Horizon are my top choices for a budget multi-night stay. Then again.... I think that's a great price at the Pan Pacific above the cruise terminal.

We stayed at the Metropolitan seven nights prior to going on a Key West Canadian Rockies tour that was great. The hotel is about 5-6 blocks from the Pan Pacific Hotel and cruise terminal. It is a great location and we got it for what cost us $160 US per night taxes included. It is a bit older hotel, but rooms are nice and spacious with all the amenities. Breakfast was not included.

After returning to Vancouver for our cruise we had two night at the Pan Pacific for three persons since our Daughter met us. We paid about $420 US taxes included for three persons and breakfast was included. Staying at the Pan Pacific is great since you can check your luggage directly to the ship.

Recommend the Metropolitan for long stays and Pan Pacific for short stays.