Nice Fll Hotel Close to Good Restaurants

slotmomma3

Looking for a FLL hotel for 1 night pre-cruise that is walking distance to decent restaurants(not fast food).

I'm sure Blue Herons will have an answer. But, to make it a bit easier.....what hotels do you normally consider nice? Everybody has their own personal comfort zone....so knowing in advance makes it a bit easier to suggest.

That place is beautiful!!!

Agree with the Riverside.

Tons of great restaurants within walking distance:

Lobster Bar

Timpanos

Royal Pig

Grille 401

YOLO

Big City Tavern

Cafe Europa

Louie Bossi

Sweet Nectar

B Sqare

Roccos Tacos

Bao

Honestly the rents are so steep on Las Olas if a restaurant isn't really good, it will not last (excluding Johnny Vs).

Also, the Embassy, Hilton, Hyatt, or Renaissance on 17th Street would also fit the bill.

Market 17

Kellys Landing

Coco Asian

Bistro Mezzaluna

I'm leaving a few out on 17th Street so hopefully my fellow locals will chime in.

Homewood Suites, Fairfield Inn, Residence Inn and Courtyard in Dania Beach (on or near Griffin Road) are all a short walk to Rustic Inn Crabhouse and Tropical Acres Steakhouse. Both restaurants have been Ft Lauderdale icons for 50-60 years.

I believe all of them have complimentary airport shuttles and port shuttles for a fee.

Edited by Lido_Deck

No need to stay out in Dania beach at a chain with your budget.

Stay in town, Riverside is a great spot for a night precruise. Easy to get to with cab and same in morning to ship. The hotel atmosphere and Blvd. offerings make it more "up scale" than the Dania area. Enough fun restaurants and spots for drinks within a few blocks to make the choice difficult.;)

Edited by eandj

No need to stay out in Dania beach at a chain with your budget.

Stay in town, Riverside is a great spot for a night precruise. Easy to get to with cab and same in morning to ship. The hotel atmosphere and Blvd. offerings make it more "up scale" than the Dania area. Enough fun restaurants and spots for drinks within a few blocks to make the choice difficult.;)

Maybe he is the type of person that would love an original, independent restaurant like Rustic Inn over the same old, same old Cheesecake Factory you can find in almost every city. I know I do.

Maybe he is the type of person that would love an original, independent restaurant like Rustic Inn over the same old, same old Cheesecake Factory you can find in almost every city. I know I do.

Not one restaurant I mentioned is a chain. Every single one is a independently owned restaurant and in a far nicer area.

While I love The Rustic Inn, if you don't like seafood, you are screwed.

Edited by BlueHerons

Not one restaurant I mentioned is a chain. Every single one is a independently owned restaurant and in a far nicer area.

While I love The Rustic Inn, if you don't like seafood, you are screwed.

While we are on the topic of non chain food.... what do you think of Grille 401?

DH will be down your way later this week and needs someplace nice without the super fancy for a business dinner.

Edited by Magellan321

While we are on the topic of non chain food.... what do you think of Grille 401?

DH will be down your way later this week and needs someplace nice without the super fancy for a business dinner.

It's very nice, we go there for drinks and have only had appetizers there.

Perfect place for a business dinner. I think Royal Pig has better food and is also good for a business dinner.

Thanks for all the imput. I have narrowed it down to Hyatt Place 17th St and Hyatt Regency Pier 66. i got great deals for both. Now I just need to decide which one!!

I hope you priced Hyatt Place with..

http://www.valuetrips.com

As far as a restaurant .... try Duffy's just across the Harbor Shops (Publix Market) parking lot and just behind Embassy Suites...which sits nearly just in front of Hyatt Place.. This is a great pre-cruise area....We'll be there in March again.

Edited by Ashland

Not once was Cheesecake Factory mentioned in this thread. Strange reply considering the number of good local restaurants near Riverside. :confused:

I hope you priced Hyatt Place with..

http://www.valuetrips.com

As far as a restaurant .... try Duffy's just across the Harbor Shops (Publix Market) parking lot and just behind Embassy Suites...which sits nearly just in front of Hyatt Place.. This is a great pre-cruise area....We'll be there in March again.

Yes I did Thanks!!!! I got the same price for Hyatt Regency Pier 66 on booking.com. Now I just need to decide which reservation to keep lol!

Homewood Suites, Fairfield Inn, Residence Inn and Courtyard in Dania Beach (on or near Griffin Road) are all a short walk to Rustic Inn Crabhouse and Tropical Acres Steakhouse. Both restaurants have been Ft Lauderdale icons for 50-60 years.

I believe all of them have complimentary airport shuttles and port shuttles for a fee.

Wow. I think I could happily spend a whole vacation working my way through the Rustic Inn Crabhouse menu. Thank you so much for this restaurant recommendation - we can't get much in the way of fresh seafood where we are!

Does anyone know anything about the area around the marina? DH and I are staying at the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina post cruise and would like to know about the restaurants in the area.

There are dozens and dozens of threads about the Hilton Marina and what's near it from the Water Taxi to restaurants to car rentals to liquor stores and on and on. All you have to do is read down the board.

Does anyone know anything about the area around the marina? DH and I are staying at the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina post cruise and would like to know about the restaurants in the area.

missingcruzin,

Take a look at this thread....it has a lot of info.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2238676&highlight=hilton+marina+Ft+lauderdale