Bidding for Haven/Upgrades

leeker13

I'm beginning to wonder how much lifeboat capacity limits who gets their bid accepted. After reading that someone who had 3 in their cabin lost their bid, while their friends who bid a lesser amount w/2 in their cabin won their bid in the same cabin category.

I did a mock booking for my cruise on the Getaway next month using 3 in one cabin and all the Haven categories came back as sold out. I changed it to 2, and it then showed availability in all but 2 Haven categories, with H5 having 9 cabins left.

So I saw an email, you now bid to upgrade unfilled rooms.

From mini suite to all Haven. Bidding for mini starts at $25 the Haven was $300 for a spa suite.

This is on the Getaway Thanksgiving week.

Interesting. Email came directly from NCL.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I was hoping to post some good news, but I received my 3 emails today at about 2pm stating that NCL did not accept my bids. I am sailing this Sunday.

I am currently in a mid ship balcony (B1), and placed bids on 3 different Haven Cabins( H5, H7, & H9). $400.00 per person was the lowest possible bid, and I bid $500.00 per person on each cabin. That was in the LOW so side, but that was all I was willing to spend to upgrade.

For those who bid on Haven staterooms and had their bids accepted, were you happy with the particular room you were placed in? I would be interested in bidding on an aft Penthouse suite (Breakaway) but am worried I could be placed on Decks 13 or 14 where I would be dissatisfied with the noise. Would be fine with anything on 9-12 (and would prefer 11 which may be less popular).

I was hoping to post some good news, but I received my 3 emails today at about 2pm stating that NCL did not accept my bids. I am sailing this Sunday.

I am currently in a mid ship balcony (B1), and placed bids on 3 different Haven Cabins( H5, H7, & H9). $400.00 per person was the lowest possible bid, and I bid $500.00 per person on each cabin. That was in the LOW so side, but that was all I was willing to spend to upgrade.

Had you been watching the room availability on your cruise the past few days? Were there many of the room types you bid on still available?

Had you been watching the room availability on your cruise the past few days? Were there many of the room types you bid on still available?

I was tracking the number of rooms for the past month. Most times there were plenty of rooms. Then during the past 2 weeks, some cabins would be gone, and then reappear. During the last week, there were virtually 5-6 cabins.

Besides trying to stay within my budget, one reason I only bid $500.00 per person, is because on other threads, I read that some people won their bids for the Haven at $400.00 per person.

In any event, tomorrow we will be aboard the Breakaway for a week. Life is great!

I was tracking the number of rooms for the past month. Most times there were plenty of rooms. Then during the past 2 weeks, some cabins would be gone, and then reappear. During the last week, there were virtually 5-6 cabins.

Besides trying to stay within my budget, one reason I only bid $500.00 per person, is because on other threads, I read that some people won their bids for the Haven at $400.00 per person.

In any event, tomorrow we will be aboard the Breakaway for a week. Life is great!

I have no idea what the winning bids were, but we bid $800 per person to upgrade from a B1 to an H4, H5 or H9 and were unsuccessful. Bids are now showing as "expired" on the upgrade link.

I have no idea what the winning bids were, but we bid $800 per person to upgrade from a B1 to an H4, H5 or H9 and were unsuccessful. Bids are now showing as "expired" on the upgrade link.

There doesn't seem any reason to who wins their bids as the winning bid prices are all over the place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There doesn't seem any reason to who wins their bids as the winning bid prices are all over the place

Isn't it whatever you bid is plus what you paid for your original cabin? So some lower bids might win because their original rate was higher.

Isn't it whatever you bid is plus what you paid for your original cabin? So some lower bids might win because their original rate was higher.

I'm not really sure because some said their bids showed as poor and they got the win

I am sailing on the Breakaway March 26. I have put in my bid and I'm crossing my fingers. Currently, I have a balcony booked and I was planning on buying the spa pass for $199.99. I was also going to ATTEMPT to get one of those ultra rare Vibe passes, but I wasn't real excited about the prospect of making the mad dash for the guest services desk to beat the crowds to snag one of maybe 50 passes that will be available. Soooo, I thought maybe an upgrade would be worth a shot since I wouldn't have to purchase a spa pass nor do the crazed dash to guest services for a Vibe pass. Anyone here taking a shot at an upgrade bid for the breakaway sailing March 26th??

I am sailing on the Breakaway March 26. I have put in my bid and I'm crossing my fingers. Currently, I have a balcony booked and I was planning on buying the spa pass for $199.99. I was also going to ATTEMPT to get one of those ultra rare Vibe passes, but I wasn't real excited about the prospect of making the mad dash for the guest services desk to beat the crowds to snag one of maybe 50 passes that will be available. Soooo, I thought maybe an upgrade would be worth a shot since I wouldn't have to purchase a spa pass nor do the crazed dash to guest services for a Vibe pass. Anyone here taking a shot at an upgrade bid for the breakaway sailing March 26th??

Just keep in mind that the Thermal Suite spa pass only come with a Spa Suite. In regards to a Spa pass for the Haven, it only comes with the Haven Spa suite.

Just keep in mind that the Thermal Suite spa pass only come with a Spa Suite. In regards to a Spa pass for the Haven, it only comes with the Haven Spa suite.

True. But depending on what the person wants out of the Thermal spa and/ or Vibe passes, the Haven-only areas might suit their needs. At least they did for me, as I was primarily looking for a quiet area away from the crowds on the BA. I ended up spending money at the spa anyway, but for massages and facials. The BA Haven courtyard "solarium", hot tubs, and sauna were more than adequate substitutes for the thermal spa for me, YMMV, of course.

I'd suggest the OP buy a discounted spa pass online in case their Haven bid is not accepted. If they're awarded the upgrade, they can call NCL and cancel the spa pass and get a refund. That's what I ended up doing because I definitely wanted the thermal spa if we were in a regular balcony room.

True. But depending on what the person wants out of the Thermal spa and/ or Vibe passes, the Haven-only areas might suit their needs. At least they did for me, as I was primarily looking for a quiet area away from the crowds on the BA. I ended up spending money at the spa anyway, but for massages and facials. The BA Haven courtyard "solarium", hot tubs, and sauna were more than adequate substitutes for the thermal spa for me, YMMV, of course.

I'd suggest the OP buy a discounted spa pass online in case their Haven bid is not accepted. If they're awarded the upgrade, they can call NCL and cancel the spa pass and get a refund. That's what I ended up doing because I definitely wanted the thermal spa if we were in a regular balcony room.

I actually plan to purchase the thermal spa pass, prior to boarding online, if my bid is not accepted. I am bidding on The Haven Spa Suite with Balcony. I know that if my bid is accepted, slim chance but what the heck!, that I won't need to purchase the spa pass or try to get the private pool area VIBE pass which I hear is quite expensive if you are fortunate enough to get one. I'm hoping and praying. I'm taking this cruise ALONE which is on my bucket list, so I figured why not go for it and get the best if I can manage it.

I actually plan to purchase the thermal spa pass, prior to boarding online, if my bid is not accepted. I am bidding on The Haven Spa Suite with Balcony. I know that if my bid is accepted, slim chance but what the heck!, that I won't need to purchase the spa pass or try to get the private pool area VIBE pass which I hear is quite expensive if you are fortunate enough to get one. I'm hoping and praying. I'm taking this cruise ALONE which is on my bucket list, so I figured why not go for it and get the best if I can manage it.

Good luck with your bidding! FYI, you might not want to leave buying the discounted spa pass for after finding out if your bid was accepted. They start sending out the "declined" emails a day or two before sailing and for our sailing earlier this month, the spa passes were no longer available for purchase online at that point. Once I got on the ship they still had spa passes left for sale, but at full price. Enjoy your cruise, you'll have a blast!

Good luck with your bidding! FYI, you might not want to leave buying the discounted spa pass for after finding out if your bid was accepted. They start sending out the "declined" emails a day or two before sailing and for our sailing earlier this month, the spa passes were no longer available for purchase online at that point. Once I got on the ship they still had spa passes left for sale, but at full price. Enjoy your cruise, you'll have a blast!

Thank you so much for your remarks. Very helpful. WHAT is the full price if I purchase once I'm onboard versus the $199.99 that is the going rate online?

I am curious to other bidders that have WON their bids for The Haven Spa Suite with Balcony in the recent past.....how high did your bid per person have to go? Since I am cruising solo, I already had to pay quite a bit for just a balcony cabin, so I'm wondering how high I would have to go to actually win The Haven Spa Suite????????

Since they took the upgrade banner off the website had anybody been successful while bidding? It seems ever since they did that these boards have been quiet regarding upgrades.

Has anybody been successful lately?

Since they took the upgrade banner off the website had anybody been successful while bidding? It seems ever since they did that these boards have been quiet regarding upgrades.

Has anybody been successful lately?

Not only have they taken the banner off they also deleted the email itself for the upgrade bidding on my NCL account. You can still access your upbid account but you have to enter a different email address......

I got e mail never saw it on Website

It should have been on your NCL account as well. It was an email stating that you could bid. Same area where you received your e-docs notice to print. Maybe since I never received a regular email they just sent it via my NCL account.