Scenic Eclipse

russg140

I believe Scenic knew about the problems with Croatia shipyard and still continued to negotiate with Croatia shipyard for a great construction price. If this is true Scenic is low class cruise line and only cares about money not quality. Cruisers should think twice before spending large sums of money on a low quality ship. Remember their goal is to make money not a quality ship.

Too true,I am still awaiting my additional expences refund.TA said that they had spoken to Headquarters in Australia,it would take 1 to 2 weeks!!!!!!!:mad:

Too true,I am still awaiting my additional expences refund.TA said that they had spoken to Headquarters in Australia,it would take 1 to 2 weeks!!!!!!!:mad:

Sorry you have been waiting so long, but if everything is in order it should not take that long.

Thank you for keeping us posted.

you have been kept waiting way to long. Your TA is not representing you. Thanks to our TA we have received all of our money back weeks ago. I suggest you contact your TA and tell them to pay you the money owed and then collect from Scenic. My understanding is the TA commissions are all being paid, let them earn it.

For interest:

Quark has cancelled upcoming cruises on their newest ship, again due to it not being ready ontime. It appears they are only refunding cruise fare; not

airfare/hotel costs. No mention of TA commissions or future cruise coupon.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2671412

Would be interesting to hear if it is the same shipyard.

Edited by crickette
spelling error

For interest:

Quark has cancelled upcoming cruises on their newest ship, again due to it not being ready ontime. It appears they are only refunding cruise fare; not

airfare/hotel costs. No mention of TA commissions or future cruise coupon.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2671412

Would be interesting to hear if it is the same shipyard.

According to the shipyard's order book, Scenic Eclipse and Scenic Eclipse 2 are the only cruise ships that the shipyard has on order:

https://new-ships.com/Yard-45595-uljanikshipyardpula.html

Thanks Rhonda, for very interesting articles. You have been following the situation more closely than I have. Were you booked on Eclipse? (We cruised together in 2011, to Auckland)

This is so nerve wracking for those of us with reservations after the end of January. We are booked for a 23 day April 5 2019 departure and I am really nervous with all this shipyard news. I wish to hell Scenic would give us some information on what is going on.

It seems to me this shipyard is in the middle of a crisis that won't be settled for a while since the government is involved.

Can't they move to another yard to finish up?

Can they please let us know if we are going to be cancelled so we can make other arrangements.

We cannot cancel on our own or we lose all our money. Cruise, Pre and Post hotels, upgraded Airflights. We have already done all these things.

We have a backup cruise in mind, but can't book it not knowing what is happening with our particular cruise. They claim all is well.

I don't think after this fiasco that sets to well with us.

I can only hope they are reading these posts and will do the right thing.

I know this is not their fault, but that doesn't cure the situation.

I wonder if this could be Scenic trying to get things done????

https://glashrvatske.hrt.hr/en/news/economy/shipyard-workers-consider-clients-proposal-to-bring-in-replacement-labor/

If not we need to be addressed directly by Scenic about current progress or lack of.

Great find, goorawin. What a fiasco this has turned out to be. I can’t imagine Scenic continuing with the second yacht at this shipyard. But as the article says, if Scenic pulls out, it would mean the end for the shipyard. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t ...

https://seenews.com/news/croatian-shipyard-uljaniks-bank-account-frozen-after-loss-of-four-deals-625568

Above link to latest news, we are booked on a March sailing.

I feel for Scenic as just like us they are in a difficult position, waiting for others to decide our fate.

What do you think this means? More delays? We booked for 2020.

I think Scenic needs to let their customers know what is going on. They need to allow anyone who feels uneasy to cancel their trips and refund the deposits. This is the only way they can protect their reputation. If you have a travel agent you need to contact them and have the go to bat for you to find out what is going on.

If the shipyard (Uljanik) is sent into bankruptcy and the Eclipse is caught up in that process, then it could be a very long time before the ship sees the light of day, if ever.

In fact it could also push Scenic into a very tight situation, and I certainly do not want to even think about that, as we could all lose a lot of money!!!

Just maybe, that is why we are not hearing anything directly from Scenic about the current situation?

The big question is, will the EU be willing to bail out a private Company that has already received huge funds from the government. And all that is to prop up a facility that is old and inefficient.

Only time will tell, but then that may not help Scenic.

Some tidbit for you all.

Scenic Takes Delivery of Helicopters for Eclipse

September 04, 2018

Scenic has taken delivery of its Airbus H130 helicopters for the 228-guest Scenic Eclipse, due to be launched in January.*

As one of the quietest helicopters in the skies, the H130's low sound levels are seven decibels below the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) requirement, and is quieter than the most restrictive sound limits defined for flights over national parks, animal and nature reserves across the world, Scenic said.

The H130 is also one of the most environmentally sound helicopters on the market with its’ low fuel burn ensuring less emissions.

Scenic Founder and Chairman, Glen Moroney said the two helicopters onboard Scenic Eclipse will offer guests a unique opportunity to go above and beyond.

“Scenic has always sought to venture beyond the horizon and with our helicopters we provide guests with the opportunity to enjoy unparalleled access to some of nature’s most beautiful sites. We have specifically selected this model for its wide, unobstructed cabin space which can accommodate the pilot and up to six passengers, with outstanding visibility for all passengers," Moroney said.

Specific modifications have been made to the H130 to ensure it meets the requirements of Scenic in terms of safety and guest comfort. These include Bose noise cancelling headsets; five cameras fitted to the interior and exterior of the helicopter to provide guests with footage of their flight; customised leather seats and interior fit out; and a bluetooth audio system allowing music to be piped to guests. As the H130 has been designed to be carried onboard the Scenic Eclipse, it has been fitted with a quick blade fold kit to allow the rotor blades to be folded on landing this reducing hangar size required

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

If the shipyard (Uljanik) is sent into bankruptcy and the Eclipse is caught up in that process, then it could be a very long time before the ship sees the light of day, if ever.

In fact it could also push Scenic into a very tight situation, and I certainly do not want to even think about that, as we could all lose a lot of money!!!

Just maybe, that is why we are not hearing anything directly from Scenic about the current situation?

The big question is, will the EU be willing to bail out a private Company that has already received huge funds from the government. And all that is to prop up a facility that is old and inefficient.

Only time will tell, but then that may not help Scenic.

From an article I found today, Scenic Eclipse is not one of the four companies that have pulled out. I think the ones that cancelled were probably just orders not yet started.

At least that is some good news but then I don't think that amount of money will go very far in such a large business and from our point of view will it allow the completion of the Eclipse?

Scenic Founder and Chairman, Glen Moroney said the two helicopters onboard Scenic Eclipse will offer guests a unique opportunity to go above and beyond.....................

I can not beleive the Scenic CEO. I really feel ashamed that he is an Australian.

No mention or update on the current progress on the Eclipse.

All he is interested is flighing his own flag, certain has no interest in how passengers are currently feeling!!!

At least that is some good news but then I don't think that amount of money will go very far in such a large business and from our point of view will it allow the completion of the Eclipse?

I can not beleive the Scenic CEO. I really feel ashamed that he is an Australian.

No mention or update on the current progress on the Eclipse.

All he is interested is flighing his own flag, certain has no interest in how passengers are currently feeling!!!

I am sorry for you too. We love the Australian people, as an American we do feel kinship in our independent streak. Don't want to rehash this thread, it seems we all feel the same. WeI hope this CEO starts updating us VERY soon. It's the right thing to do.

I think the recent comments by Glen Moroney are just marketing "floss". I suspect Scenic were tied to a separate contract for the supply of helicopters that they couldn't cancel/postpone, so had to have them delivered. Glen Moroney is trying to put a positive spin on a debacle of a situation. I just wish he would turn his attention to the care and respect of his guests, and keep us all reliably informed about what is really going on with the Eclipse. I feel so sorry for those people booked on the departures early next year, it must be horrendous not knowing if the trip will proceed.