Scenic Eclipse

russg140

2 hours ago, Ricky Chan said:

I received an email from Scenic Cruises few days ago with the following video and letter from Glen Moroney.

Scenic Eclipse

Ricky

I got the same email with video from Glen Moroney. It is hopeful that the Eclipse 1 will begin sailings at the end of January, 2019 as they have stated. My concern is that I am booked on the Eclipse 2, in July, 2020 and they haven't even started to build the ship.  Hoping for updates soon.

Just to let you know, I finally was able to "close the books" on the debacle.Received the funds for "reasonable" expenses in the middle of September. Over 10 weeks since being informed of the cancellation of the cruise! I am afraid Scenic Eclipse will never see us, going back to Silversea for our 6th cruise in March.

• Like 1

I am sure the Scenic Eclipse is going to be a beautiful ship.  Unfortunately after the way I was treated by Scenic over their cancellation of my cruise, I just can't support them by re-booking.  I have such wonderful, positive experiences with other luxury lines, I am taking my business elsewhere.  All the best to those who are booked on the Eclipse, I think the onboard experience will be very good.  But Scenic really needs to look carefully at its customer recovery processes, they leave much to be desired.  

Edited by cruising kirby
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruising kirby said:

I am sure the Scenic Eclipse is going to be a beautiful ship.  Unfortunately after the way I was treated by Scenic over their cancellation of my cruise, I just can't support them by re-booking.  I have such wonderful, positive experiences with other luxury lines, I am taking my business elsewhere.  All the best to those who are booked on the Eclipse, I think the onbord experience will be very good.  But Scenic really needs to look carefully at its customer recovery processes, they leave much to be desired.  

2 minutes ago, cruising kirby said:

I am sure the Scenic Eclipse is going to be a beautiful ship.  Unfortunately after the way I was treated by Scenic over their cancellation of my cruise, I just can't support them by re-booking.  I have such wonderful, positive experiences with other luxury lines, I am taking my business elsewhere.  All the best to those who are booked on the Eclipse, I think the onbord experience will be very good.  But Scenic really needs to look carefully at its customer recovery processes, they leave much to be desired.  

5 minutes ago, cruising kirby said:

Totally agree!

On 10/16/2018 at 10:53 PM, Carol From California said:

I got the same email with video from Glen Moroney. It is hopeful that the Eclipse 1 will begin sailings at the end of January, 2019 as they have stated. My concern is that I am booked on the Eclipse 2, in July, 2020 and they haven't even started to build the ship.  Hoping for updates soon.

Luckily I don't have this concern because I have rebooked a April, 2020 Lisbon to Barcelona cruise.  My original booking was a Transatlantic cruise in Sept.  I have since received all the refund from Scenic Cruises and travel insurance premium from my insurance company, every penny of it, believe or not.

Ricky

After a long and grueling process, we have finally reached resolution to our cancelled Eclipse cruise. We received full reimbursement for the incurred losses of travel expense (flight change fees, seat assignment fees, hotel night).

And with regards to our travel plans, we'd booked years in advance and had taken advantage of several substantial early booking discounts. Since that time, we had invested so much anticipation and excitement into the cruise — so when we got the news of the situation with the ship in July, we were heartbroken. And like many of you faced as well, the initial compensation offered for a new sailing was not attractive. However, we were determined not to give up, as we truly do still want to experience the Eclipse.

While I don't feel comfortable posting the specifics of what we were finally offered, in the end, and with the persistence of our travel agent, we were able to get rebooked on a new itinerary next year with very generous compensation in line and then some with what we would have expected.  

I totally understand the posters here who have decided to cancel outright, and agree wholeheartedly about the communication issues. We went through it all, too. However, hanging in there and working to get what you feel is fair really can be worth it. I also cannot stress enough how much this and a previous situation  have shown us why booking with an experienced travel agent is truly to your benefit.  

Based off the current progress of the ship, I really don't foresee any further delays with Eclipse 1 and I am thrilled to now have another vacation to look forward to on it. I hope others of you will give it anther go as well. 

Edited by towel-animal

17 minutes ago, boccenana said:

Haven't heard much here since we all received the latest video.

Is everyone happy now?

Not me.  My booking is on the Scenic Eclipse 2 and it does not appear that ship has started construction.  When I booked it they did not tell me it was on the Eclipse 2.  My cruise is 1 year and 9 months away so doubt the ship will be completed on time.  As for those booked on Eclipse 1 we will find out soon if first sailings will happen in January.  

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:41 PM, smoothCs4us said:

I am getting concerned about the lack of information regarding the fitout progress. This article may help with the shipyard info but would still like to know if the January 2019 date is still feasible. We are sailing 2 March 2019. 

https://www.total-croatia-news.com/business/32092-uljanik-manager

Have you heard anything from Scenic yet about your March 2, 2019 cruise?   Doesn't seem very encouraging that the ship will be ready.  I hope I am wrong.

I have had no further news which is disappointing. Twice I have messaged Scenic with my concerns and also asked when will we hear something about the submarine as one helicopter has been delivered but no info about the sub.  I just got a standard answer about how great the ship will be.  The lack of updates is a real concern and all booked passengers should be getting a weekly update regarding the fitout. I don’t think the office has any idea unfortunately.  I have also noticed that Scenic now refer to Eclipse’s 

maiden voyage as early 2019 not end of January.   We will be so disappointed if this trip is cancelled, here’s hoping all will be ok. It must be a very stressful time for the Moroney family but wish they could let us all know what they know. Surely they would not keep taking our money is they are aware of the cruise date being cancelled. 

6 minutes ago, smoothCs4us said:

I have had no further news which is disappointing. Twice I have messaged Scenic with my concerns and also asked when will we hear something about the submarine as one helicopter has been delivered but no info about the sub.  I just got a standard answer about how great the ship will be.  The lack of updates is a real concern and all booked passengers should be getting a weekly update regarding the fitout. I don’t think the office has any idea unfortunately.  I have also noticed that Scenic now refer to Eclipse’s 

maiden voyage as early 2019 not end of January.   We will be so disappointed if this trip is cancelled, here’s hoping all will be ok. It must be a very stressful time for the Moroney family but wish they could let us all know what they know. Surely they would not keep taking our money is they are aware of the cruise date being cancelled. 

This is from a November 2nd article in Cruise Passenger Magazine.

Exclusive: Scenic will put out a statement as early as next week on the launch of its revolutionary new luxury expedition ship Scenic Eclipse, which has been battling the growing problems facing the Croatian shipyard building the vessel.

Check out the article out at https://cruisepassenger.com.au/scenic-pledges-statement-on-eclipse-launch/

On October 5, 2018 at 11:51 PM, cruising kirby said:

I like the tone of Glen Moroney's email, it doesn't reflect the stale marketing "propaganda" we have seen previously. At least he seems to be honest about the situation. I hope that the video appears on the Scenic website soon so that everyone has a better understanding of where the construction of Eclipse 1 is at.

On October 5, 2018 at 11:51 PM, cruising kirby said:

I like the tone of Glen Moroney's email, it doesn't reflect the stale marketing "propaganda" we have seen previously. At least he seems to be honest about the situation. I hope that the video appears on the Scenic website soon so that everyone has a better understanding of where the construction of Eclipse 1 is at.

4 hours ago, smoothCs4us said:

Sorry to hear that so many of you are still being kept in the dark. We should have been sailing as I write this! Cuba Cruise cancelled,as we all well know,the company still took our money up until 7weeks prior to us receiving notice that the cruise was cancelled, were informed on the 11th July, first sailing was supposed to take place on the 18th August!😳 Good luck, hope you get to take your cruise and the ship is all that it is hyped up to be.

We are going to get to sail to Cuba after all,but, on Silversea, our seventh cruise with them.😊

I do feel for Glen Moroney and all the problems he has had to face with the building of the Eclipse.   I just hope that we are able to enjoy our cruise on this fabulous ship and really feel for everyone who have had their trip cancelled. Hopefully we will receive good news soon and get to see the progress of the fitout. 

On 11/5/2018 at 2:32 PM, boccenana said:

This is from a November 2nd article in Cruise Passenger Magazine.

Exclusive: Scenic will put out a statement as early as next week on the launch of its revolutionary new luxury expedition ship Scenic Eclipse, which has been battling the growing problems facing the Croatian shipyard building the vessel. 

Check out the article out at https://cruisepassenger.com.au/scenic-pledges-statement-on-eclipse-launch/

Well the week has come and gone, and still no followup statement from Glen Moroney. You have got to hand it to him, he is a great communicator!!!!!

I did read some where while searching for more information on that article, that the striking workers are now considering stopping all workers, including contractors from entering the site. If this occurs then work on the Eclipse will stop.

So it is certainly not out of the woods yet and not until is in waters outside that shipyard.

Its about time a followup statement, good or bad comes from Mr Moroney. And the last thing we want to know from him, is how good the ship is. Just some straight facts about what is going on, thanks.

Yes it would appear that the revised first sailing will now be the 12th of May as all other sailings prior are showing as "Fully Booked" on the UK, USA and Canadian websites with the Australian site not allowing bookings for those affected. Looks like we are going to have to collect all the receipts in preparation to be credited. Maybe they should rename the ship the Mary Celeste.