Escargot on Royal??

Sea and Me

I'm not one who usually asks questions about the menu. I figure if someone else is cooking and serving it works for me:D I am wondering though if Princess serves escargot. We were on a Royal Caribbean ship in Aug. and they served it every evening. Our granddaughter is a fan after trying them:)

If anyone has been on the Royal Princess recently did you see them offered?

Thanks for your posts. Have a good day.

Carol

I'm not one who usually asks questions about the menu. I figure if someone else is cooking and serving it works for me:D I am wondering though if Princess serves escargot. We were on a Royal Caribbean ship in Aug. and they served it every evening. Our granddaughter is a fan after trying them:)

Carol

On the Princess ships I've been on the answer is yes but you may have to ask. On our TA last spring on the Regal we asked and they brought it to us every other night.

Carol

They usually have it at least one night but if you talk to the head waiter they can probably schedule it for every night.

We had to ask our waiter for escargot on the Emerald Princess in March. He said it's not on the menu any more because they no longer have a French night themed dinner (more Curtis Stone fallout?).

He asked the head waiter & arranged for us to have escargot the next night. Still delicious!

If you want it, just ask your waiter. You may not receive it that night, but eventually you'll be enjoying the escargot.:)

We had to ask our waiter for escargot .....

He asked the head waiter & arranged for us to have escargot the next night. Still delicious!

If you want it, just ask your waiter. You may not receive it that night, but eventually you'll be enjoying the escargot.:)

We asked for it every night but the best they could do was every other night, it was a 14 day cruise.

We had to ask our waiter for escargot on the Emerald Princess in March. He said it's not on the menu any more because they no longer have a French night themed dinner (more Curtis Stone fallout?).

More like a lazy waiter.

I have to agree, lazy waiter. We were on the Emerald for a B2B in August and had escargot a couple of times and it wasn't a french-themed night either.

Carol

I have to agree, lazy waiter. We were on the Emerald for a B2B in August and had escargot a couple of times and it wasn't a french-themed night either.

Any typical waiter who cared would have called over the head waiter to arrange for preparation on following night/nights.

It could be that the waiter was new & didn't realize it could be done.

Any typical waiter who cared would have called over the head waiter to arrange for preparation on following night/nights. It could be that the waiter was new & didn't realize it could be done.

That is what I mentioned above that happened to us - and people came down on it.

It wasn't on the menu, we asked the waiter, the waiter called over the head waiter and we had it the next night.

After hearing RCI was serving delicious escargot, Princess ordered cooking classes for all

their Chef's to learn how to cook delicious escargot, too! After a grueling six months

of cooking classes, I am happy to report Princess had a 96% graduation level for their

Escargot Cooking Classes! The reports we are getting from the fleet is a happiness factor

of 97%, so the answer is yes, Princess now has delicious escargot! Bon Appetite!