Celebrity loyalty points

PAPERBKWRITER

You can see your cruise history, points accumulated, and all details about point accumulation on the Celebrity website in the Captains Club area.

There is no stateroom type that gives 1 point per day, so that information given above by Grandmanne is incorrect.

Edited by cruisestitch

We sail occasionally with Celebrity and so far have always booked inside. We have 35 days sailed with 136 reward points. How many points are given for a 7 or 8 day inside cabin?

Okay, if you have only sailed 35 days in an inside cabin you would only have 70 points (35 x 2). How do you have 136? You would have had to sail 68 days for that many points.

If you want to get to a higher loyalty level more quickly you might consider thinking in terms of cost per point. You might actually find that what appears to be a higher priced cabin is actually less per point. You also need to consider value of perks. I just saw an Inside for Infinity 4 day at $299 resident rate. The OV without resident rate was $399, but you received 2 perks. Depending upon what perks you took, the OV was actually less than the Inside. Working my way up I found that Sky Suites actually cost less per point than balcony cabins. This might not be true today since the prices of Suites have escalated. Always good to do some quick math especially if you are close to Elite, Elite+, or Zenith.

Okay, if you have only sailed 35 days in an inside cabin you would only have 70 points (35 x 2). How do you have 136? You would have had to sail 68 days for that many points.

Thanks for the replies. It looks like a 7 day cruise will bring me to the next level.,,,Our 136 points are listed on Celebrity site. History; 12 day Panama Canal=2005, 15 day Hawaii r/t 2013, 8 day re-position cruise 2015 from PR. I don't know when they changed to point system. We are frequent cruisers and have done 26 with various lines.

Celebrity switched to the point system almost three years ago. When they converted to the new point system, everyone's previous points were multiplied by 30 (I think it was 30).

so if you had 4 points, then 4x 30 = 120. There must have been some additional points to make the 138. (3 cruises = 3 points with an extra point for the 15 nighter = 4 under the old system).

Thanks for the replies. It looks like a 7 day cruise will bring me to the next level.,,,Our 136 points are listed on Celebrity site. History; 12 day Panama Canal=2005, 15 day Hawaii r/t 2013, 8 day re-position cruise 2015 from PR. I don't know when they changed to point system. We are frequent cruisers and have done 26 with various lines.

My guess:

Old System - 2 points X 2 cruises = 4 old points X 30 for conversion = 120 new points

New System for 2015 cruise - 8 days X 2 points per day = 16 new points

120 + 16 = 136 new points

This looks like you are a Classic member and would need 150 points (14 more) to move up to Select, so a 7 day cruise in an inside cabin will do it.

Edited by varoo

It's not as simple as that. I got 85 points for 12 days in Aqua class. I can't remember, but perhaps there was a 25 point bonus offer at the time? Or was it yet another Celebrity IT glitch? Whatever the reason, I'm not complaining . . . . .

Stuart

It's not as simple as that. I got 85 points for 12 days in Aqua class. I can't remember, but perhaps there was a 25 point bonus offer at the time? Or was it yet another Celebrity IT glitch? Whatever the reason, I'm not complaining . . . . .

Stuart

They did run a promotion where you received a 25 point bonus if you booked AQ or higher. That was some time ago.

Edited by Orator