Harvest Caye Cabanas

NHL Philly Fan

If you don't get it, request as soon as you board. You are in the haven, and provided no one else who boarded before you requested it, they will probably give it to you.

Thank you. That is what I plan on doing. Requesting with the shore-side concierge and then just asking again when we get into Haven and have them make the comedy show ressies. Thanks so much!

Edited by js

Thank you very much! I think I will request No. 6. Was the lifeguard chair in front of you? I don't want to be around the chair :) Are you saying you wouldn't want to be at the very end (the farthest away from the public beach)? I just want to make sure when I request, I understand correctly.

It will just be my mom and me and we plan on using the concierge for food/drink and transportation to/from the ship/cabana. I don't see us (especially my mom) leaving the immediate area LOL although I may take a walk around.

I'll be staying in the Haven and although I have read we haven't been able to request certain cabanas, I'm just going to through it out there with my other requests I send to them prior to boarding, follow up once on board and see what happens. If get it, great and if not, all good.

Thanks so much again, I appreciate your help!

There were actually two lifeguard stands when we were there. One was near the entrance (close to the public beach) and the other one was two or three cabanas on the other side of us (further away from the public beach).

We were four adults and enjoyed having the chairs and umbrellas near the water. The far end cabanas had a lot more beach (sand) area than the others. Honestly, any of them would be great.

We were in an Owners Suite on the Dawn and were able to get off the ship early. DH was joking around with the cabana concierge when we signed up and asked her for a really good location. That's how we ended up with #6. There were only a couple of cabanas occupied when we arrived. It was a day of total relaxation.

They have golf carts to take you to the different areas on the island and will take you to and from the cabanas/pier, not directly to the ship. We stayed as late as we could and the sky opened up and poured when we were headed back to the ship. They let us off at the pier in the pouring rain. That was the end of the VIP. :( Everything got soaked! We looked like drowned rats walking back to the ship. They said they are not allowed to go past the gates at the pier. The walk is fine, but if your mom has any mobility issues they have additional transportation to take people to and from the ship. The lines were long so we just did the walk/drip dry trek.

Have a great cruise!

Pat

How does paying for food/drink purchases in the cabana work? Does the concierge person take your card away with them to the bar where they put in your order, or do they swipe it on a mobile device so your card always stays with you? I'm assuming it's done after each purchase, or is one bill done for each person before they leave?

How does paying for food/drink purchases in the cabana work? Does the concierge person take your card away with them to the bar where they put in your order, or do they swipe it on a mobile device so your card always stays with you? I'm assuming it's done after each purchase, or is one bill done for each person before they leave?

You can do it anyway you want. I picked up the opening order and the butler took the card and swiped it and brought it back. After that, others paid as the went along on their own.

Edited by Uniall

The air conditioning worked fine...but my husband and I wanted to use the fan & open all the doors to catch the tropical breezes. But' date=' no worries , a/ c was great! Check in details: we walked onto the island. There was a building on the right. We went to the window marked "cabanas". We were given wristbands. We (3 of us) were driven to our cabana in a golf cart. As to your visitors.. I had no visitors so I don't know if they are allowed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Were the Cabanas already preassigned when you got your bands or did they assign them as people checked in, we are part of a group and separately booked cabanas, but are hoping to be next to each other?

Wow this sucks. Can't use your UDP OR UBP. Why go ashore. You can stay onboard and enjoy the vacated adult pool while ordering your favorite (free) drinks via UBP and have free lunch via UDP.

I think NCL screwed up with this one. You can use UBP on Great Stirrup Cay AND they provide "complimentary" food.

Do you stay on the boat at every stop because you can not use your UDP or UBP? Why even go on a cruise? Why not just visit a Sandals?

Were the Cabanas already preassigned when you got your bands or did they assign them as people checked in, we are part of a group and separately booked cabanas, but are hoping to be next to each other?

Adjacent to the Cabana (they're now called Villas) assignment shack, there's an inflatable Pugil Stick combat arena.

Each Villa group picks their "champion" to fight a series of elimination bouts.

The bouts determine the rankings for each group to choose their own Villa.

Pugil%20Sticks_zpshbfkwb3y.jpg

LOL Actually, they're preassigned. You should contact the Shore Excursion Department by phone (call Reservation phone # and select Shore Excursion prompt) and they'll process your request.

Edited by Uniall

Adjacent to the Cabana (they're now called Villas) assignment shack, there's an inflatable Pugil Stick combat arena.

Each Villa group picks their "champion" to fight a series of elimination bouts.

The bouts determine the rankings for each group to choose their own Villa.

Pugil%20Sticks_zpshbfkwb3y.jpg

LOL Actually, they're preassigned. You should contact the Shore Excursion Department by phone (call Reservation phone # and select Shore Excursion prompt) and they'll process your request.

Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

it is crazy you cant use your UBP on land and there is no free buffet. i think people (like me) were expecting that because that is how GSC works.

the cabanas look awesome, but we'll probably opt to eat a big breakfast, go on shore for 2 or 3 hours, then come back to each lunch enjoy the empty ship and free drinks.

it is crazy you cant use your UBP on land and there is no free buffet. i think people (like me) were expecting that because that is how GSC works.

the cabanas look awesome, but we'll probably opt to eat a big breakfast, go on shore for 2 or 3 hours, then come back to each lunch enjoy the empty ship and free drinks.

Under the agreement between NCL & Belize, the country owns and operates the island and the concessions. NCL gets first use of the island but other cruise lines may use it, if there is no NCL ship in port. Once the shore excursions are up and running FROM the island to the mainland, you'll be able see and do other things.

Hi.

For those of you that rented a cabana with other friends and family in other cabins, when did you get your wristbands? Were they waiting in your cabin on the first day?

I am sharing a cabana with another couple in a different cabin and just want to make sure we are all on the same page.

Thanks so much! They look lovely!

Edited by js

Hi.

For those of you that rented a cabana with other friends and family in other cabins, when did you get your wristbands? Were they waiting in your cabin on the first day?

I am sharing a cabana with another couple in a different cabin and just want to make sure we are all on the same page.

Thanks so much! They look lovely!

I answered the question above, after my photo.

"they're preassigned. You should contact the Shore Excursion Department by phone (call Reservation phone # and select Shore Excursion prompt) and they'll process your request." You pick the wrist bands up at a kiosk, 25 yards inside the Main Gate.

Also, once again, they are no longer called cabanas.

They are now called VILLAS.

(there was too much confusion with the "tent awning" cabanas that ring the swimming pool)

Edited by Uniall

Does anyone know if it is possible to have more than 6 people in each cabana? Is there an extra pp charge?

The answer is: Yes, No, Maybe, litterally.

On my New Years Eve cruise, there were two parties (including myself) who had submitted requests to book Harvest Caye cabanas (now called Villas) based upon the pre opening announcements and advertising that the units would be for parties of 10. (The number allowed for the LARGE cabanas at NCL's owned and operated Bahaman Island, Great Styrup Caye)

When the Harvest Caye Villas, owned and operated by Belize, became availabe for on line self booking they were only for parties of 6 (The number allowed for SMALL cabanas on NCL's owned and operated Bahaman Island, Great Styrup Caye).

The two of us who had booked early with the Miami Shore Excursion desk by phone were allowed to have 10 people.

Several days later I learned the two Villas with 10 persons had spent twice the money for food & drinks than the 6 person units. I suggested the bean counters should reconsider the max number in order to squeeze more money out of the Villas. But, that might require Belize to hire another Villa Butler (waiter). So, time will tell.

I answered the question above, after my photo.

"they're preassigned. You should contact the Shore Excursion Department by phone (call Reservation phone # and select Shore Excursion prompt) and they'll process your request." You pick the wrist bands up at a kiosk, 25 yards inside the Main Gate.

Also, once again, they are no longer called cabanas.

They are now called VILLAS.

(there was too much confusion with the "tent awning" cabanas that ring the swimming pool)

Thank you. I'm not sure what you mean about my calling the Shore Excursion Desk to process my request? Do you mean to give them the cabin numbers of those using the "villa"?

I was told on the phone the wristbands will be in my cabin but now see that is not correct? Did they leave you anything in the cabin to "swap" out for a wristband? The reason I ask is that I am sharing a cabana with another couple in another cabin. If we all travel to the villa desk together, I don't see a problem. But, what if one couple gets there before another couple? I booked the cabana. So how do the people giving out the wristbands know the other couple in another cabin are also in the same cabana?

Did anyone book with another family member/friend in another cabin?

Thanks so much!

Thank you. I'm not sure what you mean about my calling the Shore Excursion Desk to process my request? Do you mean to give them the cabin numbers of those using the "villa"?

I was told on the phone the wristbands will be in my cabin but now see that is not correct? Did they leave you anything in the cabin to "swap" out for a wristband? The reason I ask is that I am sharing a cabana with another couple in another cabin. If we all travel to the villa desk together, I don't see a problem. But, what if one couple gets there before another couple? I booked the cabana. So how do the people giving out the wristbands know the other couple in another cabin are also in the same cabana?

Did anyone book with another family member/friend in another cabin?

Thanks so much!

You don't have to book a Villa (Cabana) on line. You can do it the old fashion way by phone with the Shore Excursion department. I got my order in BEFORE they were available on line. At that point, the website was still listing Villas (Cabanas) for up to 10 persons. A day or two later, when they were availble ON LINE, the info said up to 6 persons.

The person who booked the Villa (Cabana) will have a Shore Excursion "yellow booking ticket" in their cabin when boarding. That ticket must be shown at the check in booth 50 yards inside the main gate to get the wrist bands for each individual. They will load up an 8 passenger golf cart and take your entire group from the check in booth to the Villa (Cabana)

The person booking the Villa MUST be there before anyone can check in. But, if you get there and check in, they will take the names and cabin numbers of your guests and you can go ahead. When your guests show up at the booth, they show their ships key card to get their wrist band.

I think what you really want to know is: "Can I sneak someone in without a wrist band?" The answer is "Yes" but it's a little complicated. The back door route used by the golf carts to take you to your villa is sand, not a walkway or road. BUT, the 10 villas are lined up in a row starting with the accessable #1. Running in front of the Villas is a wood board walkway. Between the wood board walkway and the water is a beach area with hundreds of chaise lounges.

So, tell your "guests" go to "The Big Pool", turn right and head for the sand beach. Then turn left and follow the wood board walk till you get to the Villas on your left and beach chaises on you right. Knock on each door till you find the right Villa.

Look at my post above to see the photos of:

8 passenger golf cart

Beach Chaises on right side of wood board walkway

Villas on left side of wood board walk way

Edited by Uniall

You don't have to book a Villa (Cabana) on line. You can do it the old fashion way by phone with the Shore Excursion department. I got my order in BEFORE they were available on line. At that point, the website was still listing Villas (Cabanas) for up to 10 persons. A day or two later, when they were availble ON LINE, the info said up to 6 persons.

The person who booked the Villa (Cabana) will have a Shore Excursion "yellow booking ticket" in their cabin when boarding. That ticket must be shown at the check in booth 50 yards inside the main gate to get the wrist bands for each individual. They will load up an 8 passenger golf cart and take your entire group from the check in booth to the Villa (Cabana)

The person booking the Villa MUST be there before anyone can check in. But, if you get there and check in, they will take the names and cabin numbers of your guests and you can go ahead. When your guests show up at the booth, they show their ships key card to get their wrist band.

I think what you really want to know is: "Can I sneak someone in without a wrist band?" The answer is "Yes" but it's a little complicated. The back door route used by the golf carts to take you to your villa is sand, not a walkway or road. BUT, the 10 villas are lined up in a row starting with the accessable #1. Running in front of the Villas is a wood board walkway. Between the wood board walkway and the water is a beach area with hundreds of chaise lounges.

So, tell your "guests" go to "The Big Pool", turn right and head for the sand beach. Then turn left and follow the wood board walk till you get to the Villas on your left and beach chaises on you right. Knock on each door till you find the right Villa.

Look at my post above to see the photos of:

8 passenger golf cart

Beach Chaises on right side of wood board walkway

Villas on left side of wood board walk way

Thank you for your detailed response. What I was really asking is as stated above. I booked with another couple in another cabin and since wristbands arent in my cabin, how can they make sure they get to and allowed in the cabana. I plan on getting as soon as we are allowed and its great knowing all I have to do is give their cabin number and names. I never once was asking about sneaking others in since four people sharing the cabana is enough for me :)

Thank you again for your help. I am glad to know about giving names and cabin number if the other couple decides to go later.

Thank you for your detailed response. What I was really asking is as stated above. I booked with another couple in another cabin and since wristbands arent in my cabin, how can they make sure they get to and allowed in the cabana. I plan on getting as soon as we are allowed and its great knowing all I have to do is give their cabin number and names. I never once was asking about sneaking others in since four people sharing the cabana is enough for me :)

Thank you again for your help. I am glad to know about giving names and cabin number if the other couple decides to go later.

Another person had asked if you could have more than six persons in a Villa. I was trying to answer as many questions in one post as possible.

Do we bring towels from the ship or are they supplied with? Is there water in the cabana or that is a purchase for as well...Thanks!

Bring towels from the ship and order ALL drinks and food from the "Villa's" butler.

No food or drink may be taken to or from the island.

This is not another NCL boost the bottom line scam.

This was a condition set by the Belize government to own, operate and profit from the island before allowing NCL to create it.

Edited by Uniall