Harvest Caye Cabanas

NHL Philly Fan

We are on the 11/20 Dawn sailing and I was able to book our Beach Cabana yesterday as well. I was not able to make it work on line... Had to call Shorex. I was also told I could use our $50 shore excursion credit. Was anyone told anything about a food credit on the island or champagne or water included?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have one booked for our Jan. sailing, I can't wait. I don't think any drink or food is included though. I am wondering if the butler can bring things from the buffet (if there is one on the island?) I really don't care, I am just looking forward to enjoying our time there!

Hey!, Thanks to all of you who responded with your cabin status. No, I still do not understand why the Cabana is not available under my kids' cabin reservation, but OK, we will enjoy anyway.

Really looking forward to the first reviews.........

Oh, yes, I asked as well about any added amenities that may come with the rental, and no info was available.

On another note, pertaining to the pool cabanas ($199), I asked about getting one for all of us to share, and was told "They are exclusive and ONLY for two persons." Those two persons will have a wrist band, and only those two persons can utilize the pool cabana. Well, OK to that too.

One more thing......on the website, NCL has the information posted that the beach cabanas can hold up to 10 persons. When I called, I was told that we could only have six.

I am so upset about the news of the cabanas :(. The cabanas on Great Stirrup Cay are our favorite things to book and enjoy. We are going to Harvest Caye in May and were planning on enjoying the day in the cabana, frequently checking to see if they were available to book. The price is totally fine with me for one cabana, but unfortunately there are 7 of us going and we don't want to have to book 2 cabanas:(.

I am so upset about the news of the cabanas :(. The cabanas on Great Stirrup Cay are our favorite things to book and enjoy. We are going to Harvest Caye in May and were planning on enjoying the day in the cabana, frequently checking to see if they were available to book. The price is totally fine with me for one cabana, but unfortunately there are 7 of us going and we don't want to have to book 2 cabanas:(.

I'm thinking it might be along the lines of $475 for the first 6, and then an additional $XX/each for up to 4 more.

The cabana description on the site still says up to 10. https://www.ncl.com/harvest-caye

Edited by Wendy&Grumpy

I'm thinking it might be along the lines of $475 for the first 6, and then an additional $XX/each for up to 4 more.

The cabana description on the site still says up to 10. https://www.ncl.com/harvest-caye

Hmm, interesting! May just book and cancel if when the time comes that isn't the case. I would hate to miss out on it if later on we find out we can add people. Thanks!

Hmm, interesting! May just book and cancel if when the time comes that isn't the case. I would hate to miss out on it if later on we find out we can add people. Thanks!

I think that is a very good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've got the same issue sounds like they are using wristbands and you can't be over by 1 or 2.

Well here is the scoop. Spoke to shore excursions 3 times finally right info. Can only have six in cabana. System has not been setup like Stirup Caye to add extra people for 25 ea. You can only hold with shore/ex 50 perk everyone else pay up front. It is not a private island so pay for food and beverage while there. We have 8 in our party so it was a no go. Disappointing.

Well here is the scoop. Spoke to shore excursions 3 times finally right info. Can only have six in cabana. System has not been setup like Stirup Caye to add extra people for 25 ea. You can only hold with shore/ex 50 perk everyone else pay up front. It is not a private island so pay for food and beverage while there. We have 8 in our party so it was a no go. Disappointing.

I am disappointed too CRAustin! I thought NCL has pegged Harvest Caye one of their private islands and the food and drink would be covered. Especially for those with UDP, or whatever we are calling it now....lol.

We are on the first sailing that will be stopping at Harvest Caye. The cabanas just went on sale today. Here is the info for those interested.

PRIVATE BEACH CABANA

PRIVATE CANOPY BEACH CANABA

Prices are per cabana not per guest.

PRIVATE BEACH CABANA 475.00 each actually

PRIVATE CANOPY BEACH CANABA 199.99 total for 2 people

just checked on NCL.

Are the cabanas randomly given to guests as they are booked or arrive on island, or can you pick which one you would like to be in?

I'm curious about this as well. We booked a cabana for our cruise, but we're not sure if we're going to keep it. I have a few questions/concerns that I'm anxiously awaiting the first visitors to report back about.

I'm disappointed about the lack of credit to be used on the island. I knew that food and beverage would not be included, but I was hoping that there would be some OBC to be used on the island attached to each cabana.

We booked a cabana early simply in case they all sold out for our cruise (I know three have already been booked for our cruise). Now we just need to decide if we're going to keep the booking.

Edited by brookie848

We booked a beach cabana for our November Jade trip. We're disappointed that food and beverage are at an extra cost and that the UBP can't be used, if this is truly the case. What I find confusing is this, from NCL's website:

Luxurious beachside cabanas that accommodate up to 10 guests and feature concierge food and beverage service, dedicated cabana bar, lounge chairs, private bathrooms and air conditioning.

I supposed that means there will be an attendant who will fetch and carry, but you have to pay for it.

• 3 weeks later...
We booked a beach cabana for our November Jade trip. We're disappointed that food and beverage are at an extra cost and that the UBP can't be used, if this is truly the case. What I find confusing is this, from NCL's website:

Luxurious beachside cabanas that accommodate up to 10 guests and feature concierge food and beverage service, dedicated cabana bar, lounge chairs, private bathrooms and air conditioning.

I supposed that means there will be an attendant who will fetch and carry, but you have to pay for it.

If you start the day with duking the butler $30 ($5pp) there will be smooth sand, calm water, and refreshing breezes.

You might even find the food & beverage prices drop.

Why does everything have to be on the cheap?

How about a 5 star first class splurge for a day.

Edited by Uniall

• 1 month later...

Just back from our Dawn cruise! We had a cabana on Harvest Caye and enjoyed it very much. We were supplied with beach towels in the cabana, a cheese plate, fruit plate and 6 bottles of cold water . The check in went smoothly and we were brought to our cabana in a golf cart. We didn't order food or beverages, but if we had wanted to, there was a butler and concierge and a menu in the cabana. The fan didn't work in the cabana... That was the only bump in the road ... But a minor annoyance. We were told to expect some things that were still being worked on. All in all it was a great beach day and we were happy with our cabana!

Just back from our Dawn cruise! We had a cabana on Harvest Caye and enjoyed it very much. We were supplied with beach towels in the cabana' date=' a cheese plate, fruit plate and 6 bottles of cold water . The check in went smoothly and we were brought to our cabana in a golf cart. We didn't order food or beverages, but if we had wanted to, there was a butler and concierge and a menu in the cabana. The fan didn't work in the cabana... That was the only bump in the road ... But a minor annoyance. We were told to expect some things that were still being worked on. All in all it was a great beach day and we were happy with our cabana!

The prior publicity indicated the cabanas are Air Conditioned.

When you say the fan was not working, do you, also, mean there is no A/C ????

Also, what do you mean about "check in" going smoothly. I know the cabanas are for 6 persons. But, my party is 6 adults and 1 child.

Finally, what about friends on board who want to stop by and say hello and get a quick peek.

Will the "check in" prevent me from getting every one into the cabana?

Edited by Uniall

The air conditioning worked fine...but my husband and I wanted to use the fan & open all the doors to catch the tropical breezes. But, no worries , a/ c was great! Check in details: we walked onto the island. There was a building on the right. We went to the window marked "cabanas". We were given wristbands. We (3 of us) were driven to our cabana in a golf cart. As to your visitors.. I had no visitors so I don't know if they are allowed.

The air conditioning worked fine...but my husband and I wanted to use the fan & open all the doors to catch the tropical breezes. But' date=' no worries , a/ c was great! Check in details: we walked onto the island. There was a building on the right. We went to the window marked "cabanas". We were given wristbands. We (3 of us) were driven to our cabana in a golf cart. As to your visitors.. I had no visitors so I don't know if they are allowed.

Did you have to show your wrist band to anyone after check in?

Did you have to show your wrist band to anyone after check in?

Yes. Only those wearing wristbands are allowed in the cabana area. There is an office building on the road behind the cabanas and the attendants are very attentive. When they saw my kids heading out to walk to the village, they called to ask if they'd like a ride. There are also several servers walking backing and forth on the beach side, monitoring the beach and checking in for food/beverage orders.