Harvest Caye Cabanas

NHL Philly Fan

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all.

For those that have already rented, and I guess for those that will be renting, and I know everyone has different views, but what is the average that people are giving the concierge for the day (or whoever is the one brining food, drinks, taking you to/from ship/cabana, etc.).

It will just be my mom and me in the cabana and we are leaving next month and I'm trying to get all my cash in order. We will not be walking to get our own food/drinks that we order/pay for, we will be doing it with the concierge.

Is $50-$75 total about right? If you gave less/more, can you please let me know since I want to make sure I am giving what I should be giving. I will be using them as noted above.

Thank you all so much!

We gave the concierge/attendant $20. We gave the golf cart driver $5 each way for a total of $10. The only thing the concierge did for us was show us around the cabana and take a few photos for us. We didn't order food or drinks. There were 3 of us. Have fun & enjoy your cabana!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi all.

For those that have already rented, and I guess for those that will be renting, and I know everyone has different views, but what is the average that people are giving the concierge for the day (or whoever is the one brining food, drinks, taking you to/from ship/cabana, etc.).

It will just be my mom and me in the cabana and we are leaving next month and I'm trying to get all my cash in order. We will not be walking to get our own food/drinks that we order/pay for, we will be doing it with the concierge.

Is $50-$75 total about right? If you gave less/more, can you please let me know since I want to make sure I am giving what I should be giving. I will be using them as noted above.

Thank you all so much!

Have not used the cabanas here yet but did with RCCL. We did $50 for the two of us and we were low maintence but they would have been nonstop for us if we wanted more. Note that with RCCL, we had to fetch our own food from the buffet, the set up here seems a bit different.

So if your service levels are really high I think you are in a good range.

Thank you Ilsasmom and MizDemeanor. I forgot about adding the golf cart. Ill do $5 each way. That sounds like a fair amount.

Miz, we had an Over the Water Cabana last NYE at Labadee and I forgot we had to get our own food. The cabana was a highlight of our trip

IMG_1483497321.338575.jpg.9ada6e68023e65be35b42b05959adcde.jpg

I guess Ill put aside $75 and adjust if necessary. While I am active and run and exercise, my mom would prefer to stay in the cabana and have our food and drinks delivered and not really roam too much lol so I need to make sure we can get our food and drinks delivered.

I guess you all tipped the attendant at the end of the day and not each time they made a trip for you?

Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can anyone that has rented a cabana let me know what number they had and if they liked it or not? I would like to request a cabana number if possible. I do not want to be the first cabana after the public beach. I prefer to be the last cabana or one that is not right behind

the life guard that I saw in a picture.

Thank you.

Can anyone that has rented a cabana let me know what number they had and if they liked it or not? I would like to request a cabana number if possible. I do not want to be the first cabana after the public beach. I prefer to be the last cabana or one that is not right behind

Thank you.

We were told there is no way to request a specific cabana, other than the HA cabana, which is #1.

That being said, the only thing between the cabanas and the ocean are chairs and umbrellas for each cabana, and a few palm trees. :)

There is a lifeguard chair down towards the far end of the row of cabanas, however, it is positioned in between two cabanas.

Thank you.

I was in #2, which is actually the first one next to the public beach. Quite frankly, it posed no issues. Sure you had some people wander over the beach to try to check it out but it's roped off and they stopped people. No one came near the cabana itself.

We have a larger party of about 7 adults and 7 kids - so 2 cabanas for late June cruise. Has anyone who has been there found that they are super strict about 6 per cabana? Do they control it with wristband numbers?

Appreciate anyone who goes there to post updates. Thanks.

BTW' date=' we were not able to use the UBP & were told we couldn't bring anything edible from the ship to the island.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow this sucks. Can't use your UDP OR UBP. Why go ashore. You can stay onboard and enjoy the vacated adult pool while ordering your favorite (free) drinks via UBP and have free lunch via UDP.

I think NCL screwed up with this one. You can use UBP on Great Stirrup Cay AND they provide "complimentary" food.

We were in #6 which was pretty much half way.

Didn't finish...

The only one I don't think I would want would be the one or two on the very end (away from the entrance). There was more beach to the point that you were not right on the water. But, if you had little ones, it may be a great set up. The beach is man made. They dredge and stock the sand onshore. Water shoes were needed in spots.

If you get there early, you may be able to request a cabana # if it's not already occupied.

We loved our day there and have one booked for our next trip.

Pat

We were told there is no way to request a specific cabana, other than the HA cabana, which is #1.

That being said, the only thing between the cabanas and the ocean are chairs and umbrellas for each cabana, and a few palm trees. :)

There is a lifeguard chair down towards the far end of the row of cabanas, however, it is positioned in between two cabanas.

Thank you very much. This is very helpful.

I was in #2, which is actually the first one next to the public beach. Quite frankly, it posed no issues. Sure you had some people wander over the beach to try to check it out but it's roped off and they stopped people. No one came near the cabana itself.

Thank you. If you were in No. 2, where was No. 1, the HA one? I do not need HA, just asking since No. 2 was the first Cabana.

Thanks!

We were in #6 which was pretty much half way.

Didn't finish...

The only one I don't think I would want would be the one or two on the very end (away from the entrance). There was more beach to the point that you were not right on the water. But, if you had little ones, it may be a great set up. The beach is man made. They dredge and stock the sand onshore. Water shoes were needed in spots.

If you get there early, you may be able to request a cabana # if it's not already occupied.

We loved our day there and have one booked for our next trip.

Pat

Thank you very much! I think I will request No. 6. Was the lifeguard chair in front of you? I don't want to be around the chair :) Are you saying you wouldn't want to be at the very end (the farthest away from the public beach)? I just want to make sure when I request, I understand correctly.

It will just be my mom and me and we plan on using the concierge for food/drink and transportation to/from the ship/cabana. I don't see us (especially my mom) leaving the immediate area LOL although I may take a walk around.

I'll be staying in the Haven and although I have read we haven't been able to request certain cabanas, I'm just going to through it out there with my other requests I send to them prior to boarding, follow up once on board and see what happens. If get it, great and if not, all good.

Thanks so much again, I appreciate your help!

Thank you very much! I think I will request No. 6. Was the lifeguard chair in front of you? I don't want to be around the chair :) Are you saying you wouldn't want to be at the very end (the farthest away from the public beach)? I just want to make sure when I request, I understand correctly.

It will just be my mom and me and we plan on using the concierge for food/drink and transportation to/from the ship/cabana. I don't see us (especially my mom) leaving the immediate area LOL although I may take a walk around.

I'll be staying in the Haven and although I have read we haven't been able to request certain cabanas, I'm just going to through it out there with my other requests I send to them prior to boarding, follow up once on board and see what happens. If get it, great and if not, all good.

Thanks so much again, I appreciate your help!

If you don't get it, request as soon as you board. You are in the haven, and provided no one else who boarded before you requested it, they will probably give it to you.