Need Help - Disembarkation time in San Pedro

2pbears

We are currently on the Ruby and will disembark at San Pedro Monday morning. We just received our disembarkation assignment today for 9:40 AM. We have a 12:45 flight on Southwest out of LAX and plan to gather our luggage and then make our way to Super Shuttle (we do not have a reservation). After hearing about the nightmares that can take place between San Pedro and LAX I am concerned that 9:40 is not early enough. Just wondering how the experts here feel about it. Should we try to get our time slot changed to 9:00? TYIA.

I would try for an earlier debarkation time just to increase your comfort level a little. But even if you can't I wouldn't worry about it. Not having a reservation is not a problem because the shuttles run almost constantly and can use the car pool lane on the freeways. You should be fine.

Ask for earlier.

We've never gone thru CBP in less than 30 minutes in San Pedro, then another 30 minutes (assuming no traffic) to LAX. Southwest is in easy to get to Terminal 1. LAX recommends arriving two hours ahead. At times all this time is needed.

Edited by SadieN

I would try for an earlier debarkation time just to increase your comfort level a little. But even if you can't I wouldn't worry about it. Not having a reservation is not a problem because the shuttles run almost constantly and can use the car pool lane on the freeways. You should be fine.

Barring a big accident on the freeway which can shut it down for hours, you will probably make it in time. LAX security lines are mostly always really long and slow. Take that into consideration, too. There will be several shuttles at the port, but make sure you get your name in with the host there (carrying a clipboard) because it's first-come first-served without a reservation. If you've never seen LA freeways or LAX, you'll be in for quite a sight. :)

I had the same concern, I did walk off at 7 am. I had a 11:30 flight

Barely made it on a Monday morning!!

I checked luggage (huge line), TSA)huge line, I got through and picked up food to go and boarded immediately

You have an extra hour than I did but I would still carry off my bags and get there earlier rather than later and miss your flight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got off the Ruby on Thursday, it took 10 minutes total since they didn't do immigration, just customs. YES - we didn't need to show a passport for those doubting it. We did have our passports scanned in Vancouver when we boarded. Ours was a 3 night cruise if that made any difference. We passed the airport exit (didn't need to actually go there) within 30 minutes of driving out of the port.

We are currently on the Ruby and will disembark at San Pedro Monday morning. We just received our disembarkation assignment today for 9:40 AM. We have a 12:45 flight on Southwest out of LAX and plan to gather our luggage and then make our way to Super Shuttle (we do not have a reservation). After hearing about the nightmares that can take place between San Pedro and LAX I am concerned that 9:40 is not early enough. Just wondering how the experts here feel about it. Should we try to get our time slot changed to 9:00? TYIA.

Traffic in LA on a Monday could be a nightmare.

Avoid stress. Just change your earlier assigned time. PSD can give a replacement luggage tag for your desired time.