Winter 2017/18 Deployment

Is it reasonable to think that the Thomson ship cruising the Canaries for xmas 2017 will be the Dream?

I ask because I am getting an itchy wallet and want to book a cruise :D

The Dream is OK but I don't like the internal layout and my outside single would have to be on a lower deck forward. No flying to the Caribbean either as a flight to the Canaries is long enough for me.

I asked the TA and they said the winter 2017/18 schedules will be out in early November.

If the ship is the Dream I think I prefer a 12 nighter on P&O Oceana as there are large outside cabins available on higher decks.

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/63476/tui-adds-long-haul-packages-to-vietnam

Confirmed that Celebration will be in La Romana next winter with the TUI Discoverys in the other Caribbean ports and pulling out of ex- Dubai cruising. Can't wait for new destinations- already have done 2 of the Bridgetown Caribbean cruises and destinations.

Surprised about the dropping of the ex-Dubai ones- missed out on them as I have holiday embargos at work during winter and had hoped to do one of these next winter.

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/63476/tui-adds-long-haul-packages-to-vietnam

Confirmed that Celebration will be in La Romana next winter with the TUI Discoverys in the other Caribbean ports and pulling out of ex- Dubai cruising. Can't wait for new destinations- already have done 2 of the Bridgetown Caribbean cruises and destinations.

Surprised about the dropping of the ex-Dubai ones- missed out on them as I have holiday embargos at work during winter and had hoped to do one of these next winter.

Has any one cruised from La Romana, on the old thomson destiny and what port,s did you stop at very interesting.

OK

2009 Sun La Roma, Tues Castries, Bridgetown, Guadeloupe, Basseterre, Road Town second week St Georges, Portsmouth(instead of Roseau) St Johns and Philipsburg & Road Town again:confused:

2010 was basically the same but we did Fort de France.

From what I can recall it was a nice clean small port with a new duty free shop and you checked in outside about 30mins transfer.

I wouldn't be happy with those ports- just because they'd be duplicated with the Bridgetown cruises. A lot of overlap in destinations which is happening with the Med ones too- come on Thomson us regulars want new destinations to explore.

Extremely surprised that La Romana is being used as a home port for Celebration (and surprised that Tui are pulling her out of Dubai after only one season We couldn't book her for this winter as we had already booked Dream TA next April and were considering booking winter 2018)

My reason about La Romana is that a new cruise port of Amber Cove is being used by other lines incl P & O. On our last TA this April we should have been going to Amber Cove but it was changed to La Romana and no reason given. When we arrived we had luckily booked a beach trip because when we got back no passengers or crew had been allowed into the town and were turned back by police telling them it was too dangerous. So why on earth would TUI use a port that has problems and hasn't been on an itinerary since Dreams early cruises and Destiny a number of years ago.

Curiouser and curiouser

Has any one cruised from La Romana, on the old thomson destiny and what port,s did you stop at very interesting.

We did. The only port I definitely remember was Catalina Island, a lovely day.

The others were a mix of the popular ones but can't remember which ones.

It was btb and we did go into the 'false' resort town on the change over day. It was very clean and sparkly, but no atmosphere what so ever.

We did. The only port I definitely remember was Catalina Island, a lovely day.

The others were a mix of the popular ones but can't remember which ones.

It was btb and we did go into the 'false' resort town on the change over day. It was very clean and sparkly, but no atmosphere what so ever.

My memory tells me Thomson only went to Catalina Island once and that was on the Destiny on its first transatlantic - did you have the barbecue on the beach ? The reason I say this is that the Island belongs to Royal Caribbean and Thomson got it for the day as part of the deal with selling Island Star.

My memory tells me Thomson only went to Catalina Island once and that was on the Destiny on its first transatlantic - did you have the barbecue on the beach ? The reason I say this is that the Island belongs to Royal Caribbean and Thomson got it for the day as part of the deal with selling Island Star.

Yes we had a barbecue carried over on tenders from the ship.

We weren't on a t/a. Only done one and that was the Dream.

I hope you can see I'm typing very slowly trying to remember dates. :rolleyes::)..........I'll have to look for some photographs and get back to you.

OK, I have photographs from the island of the ship which was anchored.........and someone had painted SUNBIRD on her side!!:eek::D:D

Sorry to confuse anyone, we did sail from La Romana though.

I've been rummaging trying to find this, and what a lot of rubbish I keep. I've found Airtours and Portland cruise brochures. I think I'll have a clear out on the next rainy day.

Hope it's not SanJuan as you have to go thru immigration there and it takes ages.

Thomson Celebration two itineraries from La Romana Caribbean gem,s and Coral island,s port,s nearly the same as discovery plus St Thomas and San Juan and Guadeloupe, plus Discovery 2 has different itineraries as well it,s looking better for 17/18 Caribbean

Thomson Celebration two itineraries from La Romana Caribbean gem,s and Coral island,s port,s nearly the same as discovery plus St Thomas and San Juan and Guadeloupe, plus Discovery 2 has different itineraries as well it,s looking better for 17/18 Caribbean

They will be good and i wonder if they will be 7 nights or two 14 nights if they are two seven nights will have to do a b2b , any idea which new ports the discovery two is going to

They will be good and i wonder if they will be 7 nights or two 14 nights if they are two seven nights will have to do a b2b , any idea which new ports the discovery two is going to

Hi e1longk, just google Seatrade cruise new,s and look for Thomson caribbean trio, it should tell you what you want, i hope this help,s.

Hi e1longk, just google Seatrade cruise new,s and look for Thomson caribbean trio, it should tell you what you want, i hope this help,s.

Thomson Cruises is basing three ships in the Caribbean in winter 2017.

Thomson Celebration will move to new homeport La Romana in the Dominican Republic and will sail on two itineraries – Caribbean Gems and Coral Islands, taking in islands such as St Kitts, Martinique, St Lucia, St Maarten and Antigua. TUI Discovery will be based in Bridgetown, Barbados and TUI Discovery 2 in Montego Bay, Jamaica.

Five new ports of call have been added across the Caribbean and Central America for winter 2017, including St. Thomas in the US Virgin Islands, San Juan in Puerto Rico, Porto Santo and Santo Tomas de Castilla in Guatemala. Also announced today are 12 new itineraries, including Exotic Explorer, calling at Belize, Guatemala, and the islands of Roatan and Trujillo, and Atlantic Discoveries, which is a longer sailing that includes calls at Havana, Nassau in the Bahamas and an overnight call in King's Wharf, Bermuda.

The Atlantic Discoveries one sounds good i wonder if sailaway has got an early copy of the new brochure