Weird call from RCCL??

JessandLevi

So I just received a weird call from "Claudia". She said she was a certified cruise planner with Royal Caribbean and they forwarded her my information.

At this point I was a bit confused and verified that Royal Caribbean sent her my info. She said yes.

As hesitant as I was (she called my husband and son the wrong name) I still listened to her. She then proceeded to say that she was calling to see why we cancelled a cruise (we didn't we currently have 2 reserved one is paid in full).

She had both reservations wrong and wanted to argue saying our December cruise is actually on the Liberty not the Independence. At this point I just wanted to get off the phone and check our cruises online.

She said if we have any questions to call her directly and not to call RCCL. She said she will send me her contact info.

Has anyone received a call like this? Should I be worried for any reason? Would RCCL really give out my info?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We got a similar call from a guy who said he is our CVP and was calling about our expired hold. When I told him I didn't have any cruises on hold, he said, well, you were looking at cruises and I was assigned to you and what could he do for me. When I then told him I had booked a cruise and had just paid for it in full, he was done with the call and said call if I was going to book again. Thanks but no thanks.

I put our Thanksgiving cruise on hold, then contacted our TA who took it over the next day.

A day or two later I also got a call wanting to know if I still wanted to book that cruise. Well, it was not in our Booked Cruises, I typed in the reservation number and it appeared..............happy about that. Our TA even booked the exact same cabins that I placed on hold. Confused about that call, didn't he know we did book it? :confused::confused:

I should have written that when I told her I have never received a call like this before she said it is a new policy.

Hey, I received a call this AM from an outfit who claimed to be from the IRS and to call them ASAP as there is a case opened against me. Some folks panic and knowing that the IRS will never call you, I just let my voice mail pick it up. I have caller ID and proceeded to call that tel. # and the guy (Indian accent) answered that this is the IRS--At that point I blasted him and told never to call my phone again or there will be trouble--guess what, he hung up. AGAIN, if anyone gets a call claiming to be from the IRS, just ignore or curse at he/she like I did. Remember the IRS will never notify via phone, but send notification/mail thru the mail system.

I put our Thanksgiving cruise on hold, then contacted our TA who took it over the next day.

A day or two later I also got a call wanting to know if I still wanted to book that cruise. Well, it was not in our Booked Cruises, I typed in the reservation number and it appeared..............happy about that. Our TA even booked the exact same cabins that I placed on hold. Confused about that call, didn't he know we did book it? :confused::confused:

We love Royal and are loyal to them but if they are going to call customers at least have the facts straight.

Hey, I received a call this AM from an outfit who claimed to be from the IRS and to call them ASAP as there is a case opened against me. Some folks panic and knowing that the IRS will never call you, I just let my voice mail pick it up. I have caller ID and proceeded to call that tel. # and the guy (Indian accent) answered that this is the IRS--At that point I blasted him and told never to call my phone again or there will be trouble--guess what, he hung up. AGAIN, if anyone gets a call claiming to be from the IRS, just ignore or curse at he/she like I did. Remember the IRS will never notify via phone, but send notification/mail thru the mail system.

We have been getting these calls for months. They used to be from a woman, but this morning it was from a man, no accent. We always let them go to voice mail. They are calling from a DC area code which makes them scary. We are on the do not call list too.

Ps. Right after I completed the above post, I get another call that the IRS is suing me. This time it was from Mount Laurel TN & the morning call was from Cape Girardi MO. I think I'll call the IRS in the AM and ascertain if they can do something to stop this crap.

Ps. Right after I completed the above post, I get another call that the IRS is suing me. This time it was from Mount Laurel TN & the morning call was from Cape Girardi MO. I think I'll call the IRS in the AM and ascertain if they can do something to stop this crap.

Try googling their number

Thankfully I haven't received any calls like that! I would be calling for sure.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think could be accomplished by calling the IRS? It's a scam that originates from VOIP phone overseas.

Do you have enough free time in your day to call some know nothing, low level IRS employee. IRS has been scammed for BILLIONS in fraudulent tax return filings.

If they can't stop that, how can they even begin to stop your phone from ringing.

See, I just saved you 2 hours of wasted time tomorrow...

Thankfully I haven't received any calls like that! I would be calling for sure.

Royal does have certified vacation planners. They probably didn't have all their ducks in the right order. Also known as not having their ship together. ;):D

Just out of curiosity, what do you think could be accomplished by calling the IRS? It's a scam that originates from VOIP phone overseas.

Do you have enough free time in your day to call some know nothing, low level IRS employee. IRS has been scammed for BILLIONS in fraudulent tax return filings.

If they can't stop that, how can they even begin to stop your phone from ringing.

See, I just saved you 2 hours of wasted time tomorrow...

Or, just put your phone on Do Not Disturb. Any call that comes in that is not already in your phone contacts will go to voicemail. The phone won't even ring. You can then review the call if a legit message is left and return it if needed. Really nice feature.

Edited by Johnamac123

Royal does have certified vacation planners. They probably didn't have all their ducks in the right order. Also known as not having their ship together. ;):D

My husband is on the phone with them now and they don't know who Claudia is or why she had called.

Or, just put your phone on Do Not Disturb. Any call that comes in that is not already in your phone contacts will go to voicemail. The phone won't even ring. You can then review the call if a legit message is left and return it if needed. Really nice feature.

Nah, even better, both calls have been placed in my call blocker and wont even make to my voice mail. I've got a bunch of calls in my "call blocker" from an outfit that promises that this is your last chance to reduce my cc interest rates.

So I just received a weird call from "Claudia". She said she was a certified cruise planner with Royal Caribbean and they forwarded her my information.

At this point I was a bit confused and verified that Royal Caribbean sent her my info. She said yes.

As hesitant as I was (she called my husband and son the wrong name) I still listened to her. She then proceeded to say that she was calling to see why we cancelled a cruise (we didn't we currently have 2 reserved one is paid in full).

She had both reservations wrong and wanted to argue saying our December cruise is actually on the Liberty not the Independence. At this point I just wanted to get off the phone and check our cruises online.

She said if we have any questions to call her directly and not to call RCCL. She said she will send me her contact info.

Has anyone received a call like this? Should I be worried for any reason? Would RCCL really give out m

We have sailed with Royal for almost 20 years, and they have NEVER called us out of the blue. I believe it was some kind of scam.

We get calls from people who tell us we are having problems with our computer - really? How would they know? And we have gotten the IRS calls that have told us if we don't call immediately we will be taken to jail.

These are all scam calls that the "Do Not Call List" can regulate. And the first clue is that everyone of these calls have people with a foreign accents.

I am sure that Royal will never find a Claudia that made this call:rolleyes:

We have sailed with Royal for almost 20 years, and they have NEVER called us out of the blue. I believe it was some kind of scam.

We get calls from people who tell us we are having problems with our computer - really? How would they know? And we have gotten the IRS calls that have told us if we don't call immediately we will be taken to jail.

These ate all scam calls that the "Do Not Call List" can regulate. And the first clue is that everyone of these calls have people with a foreign accents.

The calls from the so called IRS are automated calls. Same female voice for the 2 different messages. Only, upon calling the caller Id # you get the foreign accent.

These are all scam calls that the "Do Not Call List" can regulate. And the first clue is that everyone of these calls have people with a foreign accents.

She didn't have an accent or anything. From now on I'm not answering calls I don't know who it is lol

Don't trust the caller-id on any caller .

They have the ability to enter any phone # as their ID .

Lots of these calls originate from India . Same country that major

corporations have moved customer service jobs to .

So much fraud going on now . They are looking for your credit card info .

Edited by MCC retired

Nah, even better, both calls have been placed in my call blocker and wont even make to my voice mail. I've got a bunch of calls in my "call blocker" from an outfit that promises that this is your last chance to reduce my cc interest rates.

Yep, got those messages too about reducing CC rates, but they never said what CC they were talking about.

Also have gotten calls about our home warrenty was about to run out. I did answer that and asked them when it was running out ? ( we had no warrenty) and I had a broken dishwasher, A/C unit and thought our heater was about to go......wanted it fixed before the warrenty ran out. They hung up!