Don't forget to____

High Cs

We leave a list of our preferred handypeople on our kitchen table, in case the friend checking our house notices a problem (i.e electrician, furnace guy, etc). We always leave our itinerary with family, as well as give them the emergency number for the cruise line, in case there is any emergency at home.

We leave a list of our preferred handypeople on our kitchen table' date=' in case the friend checking our house notices a problem (i.e electrician, furnace guy, etc). We always leave our itinerary with family, as well as give them the emergency number for the cruise line, in case there is any emergency at home.[/quote']

Also if you have a pet sitter, leave them the number of your vet and the nearest emergency vet. I also make copies of our passports, id's, credit cards. I take one copy with me and leave one copy home.

Depending on how long you are gone......

We take long trips. I have lady who picks up my mail twice a week, comes to the house and switches which lights will be on, flushes the toilets, runs water through faucets, and does a walk through of the house. This works for us.

Depending on how long you are gone......

We take long trips. I have lady who picks up my mail twice a week, comes to the house and switches which lights will be on, flushes the toilets, runs water through faucets, and does a walk through of the house. This works for us.

What's her name and will she come to Boston? when I go on my cruise :D :D

Tony

If there's time before we leave, I change the bedding so it's nice and fresh to come home to [if no time to change bedding, at least make the bed so it looks nice].

I also make sure there's something quick in the freezer to heat-and-eat for our first supper....or we stop on the way home for one last meal made and cleaned up.

Those are the two services I miss most immediately when we leave a cruise.

Common sense. I see FAR too many people travel and leave it at home...

I have all my trip details on my TripIt Pro account. I remember to give my ICE person access to he knows where I will be and how to reach me.

Take my dog to the doggy sleepaway camp. Update any info there if my ICE person changes, re-sign the form to let the vet next door deal with any issues that could arise.

Turn off my headlights on my car when I get to the parking lot IF I have to drive to the airport while it's still dark (mine are still old-style manual)...

I make sure there is something in the freezer we can eat when we get home. I always freeze some milk for cereal (DH eats before bed) and breakfast the next morning. I really hate stopping at the store on the way home.

When we travel for a month or longer I put cable TV in "vacation mode" - it saves a little $$$

Here is something NOT to do before leaving home. True story> a couple were telling everyone they were off on a cruise soon. So when on the ship they suddenly saw another couple :eek: (that they didnt know all that well) that they had told their cruise plans. Yooohoooo! we managed to get on here too so thought we would surprise you :o

These people turned up uninvited and were hanging around them for the whole cruise! the poor people who wanted a romantic holiday alone together kept hiding on the ship to avoid them!

Sometimes it pays to leave your news until after you get back.

Turning off the water is the main thing. My hubby's parents didn't one time, the hot water hose to their washer, thankfully in an unfinished basement, sprung a leak. They ended up with both a high water bill and a high gas bill since the water heater was running full time, too.

I make sure there is something in the freezer we can eat when we get home. I always freeze some milk for cereal (DH eats before bed) and breakfast the next morning. I really hate stopping at the store on the way home.

When we travel for a month or longer I put cable TV in "vacation mode" - it saves a little $$$

What cable provider do you have? And, how do you put it in "vacation mode." Curious minds want to know.

So this is one I always forget to do, I have used books and sheet music listed on Amazon and I always need to suspend my seller acct for the length I am away! Luckily nothing has sold while I'm away but I don't want it to happen.