Change tables in public washrooms

sawyer_boy

My wife and I have been on 8 cruises including Scandinavia, Mediterranean and carribean. However this time we will be joined by our 11 month old daughter, for the life of us we can not recall if there is change tables in the public restrooms. We never had to look before so that's our excuse for not knowing. Can any of the cruise critic world provide an answer.

We will be on the equinox this November.

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My memory is no widespread change tables. We are used to on the fly on the sink or floor changes etc, but if that makes you uncomfortable you might want to choose a room near where you plan to eat so you can go back if needed. Elsewhere easy to grab a chair in an emergency. Certainly bring a portable mat.

Having sailed on 2 celebrity cruises with our little one (now 3)... The only restroom with a changing table is the one located just outside the kids club. They also have so extra diapers / wipes and a diaper jeanie

I suggest the arm n hammer diaper bags and a portable mat - the biggest thing with cruising with the little one is be flexible as their normal schedule will be completely off...just roll with it

I thought I remembered seeing one in the pool bathrooms on at least one of the ship classes. However, if you think about it, you really are not far from "home" with your stateroom being within easy walking distance. ;)

Edited by Iamthesea

While we haven't traveled on celebrity and can't comment specifically on their ships, we have traveled extensively on other lines and have found across the board that they do not have changing tables in the public restrooms. We would take the kids back to our room to change, otherwise the restrooms by the kids play area had changing tables and we found the kids play area to be near (enough) to the dining halls.

We try as a family to use the public restrooms as little as possible...our general feeling being, despite all the efforts of the cruise line, they are more likely to be areas of possible contamination.

I would stick with own room where possible and a quiet 'el fresco' with your own changing mat when needs must...

Have a wonderful family vacation, don't worry too much about the little things about travelling with a little one just 'go with the flow'....

We try as a family to use the public restrooms as little as possible...our general feeling being, despite all the efforts of the cruise line, they are more likely to be areas of possible contamination.

I would stick with own room where possible and a quiet 'el fresco' with your own changing mat when needs must...

Have a wonderful family vacation, don't worry too much about the little things about travelling with a little one just 'go with the flow'....

Thanks for the advice, our thoughts were sticking to our cabin as it's simple and clean. She is already a seasoned traveler and thus far has been great.