Stock certificate delay

cheeseclan

I faxed in my stock certificate this past Monday the 26th. As of today i had not received the OBC. I called and they said that they are just now dealing with Sept 22 and to give them a few days.

Oh well. Will see what happens by next Monday. Never had them take this long. Must be a lot of people that now own stock!

I faxed in my stock certificate this past Monday the 26th. As of today i had not received the OBC. I called and they said that they are just now dealing with Sept 22 and to give them a few days.

Oh well. Will see what happens by next Monday. Never had them take this long. Must be a lot of people that now own stock!

This makes me not worry as much! I also faxed in mine on the 26th!

I did fax it in Monday and it did not show up until today. When i called Princess they said that they were running behind. Lots of people must have the stock now!

If you did it on Wednesday i would check back on Monday or Tuesday. If not in by then give them a call. Very nice on the phone.

Does anyone actually have a stock certificate....I thought those were antiques at this point with brokerage accounts. I do recall the days when I had to go to my safe deposit box to find the certificate when I wanted to sell or gift shares...but haven't done that in at least 30 years.

I faxed in my paperwork last Wed 9/28 and yesterday morning it had still not shown up. Called customer service and was told that they were actually processing 9/28 requests now, sure enough yesterday afternoon it was listed on my account. One more thing checked off the "to do" list, now can someone make the countdown go faster? :)

Excuse the wording. I gave them whatever proof of stock ownership one gives!

I'm glad to see that, but waiting till on board would freak me out. Plus, I would be afraid I'd get a rep on board that has no clue. Wait that never happens on a Princess ship.:rolleyes:

I'm glad to see that, but waiting till on board would freak me out. Plus, I would be afraid I'd get a rep on board that has no clue. Wait that never happens on a Princess ship.:rolleyes:

Agreed. I certainly wouldn't count on getting the OBC if I waited until after boarding! Glad it worked but I just couldn't wait like that. My big problem with the OBC now is that my next cruise is a year away. A bit too early to send in the info. :rolleyes:

Does anyone actually have a stock certificate....I thought those were antiques at this point with brokerage accounts. I do recall the days when I had to go to my safe deposit box to find the certificate when I wanted to sell or gift shares...but haven't done that in at least 30 years.

You wouldn't believe the people that still request physical certs. Crazy!! Some companies have completely moved away from them, not sure about Carnival

I faxed in my paperwork last Wed 9/28 and yesterday morning it had still not shown up. Called customer service and was told that they were actually processing 9/28 requests now, sure enough yesterday afternoon it was listed on my account. One more thing checked off the "to do" list, now can someone make the countdown go faster? :)

Yes please for me too.! :D

I purchased Carnival Corp. stock in early September through a brokerage company. It’s now October 5 and the account statement for September hasn’t posted yet. My cruise starts on October 26 and I am anxiously awaiting the statement so I can FAX it in. I still have a few days before the 2 week cutoff that Princess states on their Benefit Request form. If worst comes to worst I hope they accept the late form or as SusieS says they may take it while on board the ship.

I am sure you'll get better answers from more seasoned Princess travelers. But I felt compelled to answer because I would probably be worried like you....not that there is anything to worry about but that's just how I am.

If the deadline for the 2 weeks arrives and still no broker statement, I would print the transactions page to fax to show princess you purchased and haven't sold stock. That is all YOU can control. My online broker statement is usually there LONG before the email saying it's there comes, you may want to double check :)

Hope something I said helps :)

I purchased Carnival Corp. stock in early September through a brokerage company. It’s now October 5 and the account statement for September hasn’t posted yet. My cruise starts on October 26 and I am anxiously awaiting the statement so I can FAX it in. I still have a few days before the 2 week cutoff that Princess states on their Benefit Request form. If worst comes to worst I hope they accept the late form or as SusieS says they may take it while on board the ship.

You can send them the purchase confirmation. If you don't have that or it's not posted on-line, you have far more serious problems than the stockholder OBC.

You can send them the purchase confirmation. If you don't have that or it's not posted on-line, you have far more serious problems than the stockholder OBC.

Surely your brokerage firm has a list of stocks you own on-line. You don't need the end of month statement to show you own the stock.

I thought of using the online purchase confirmation but that page doesn’t show my name on it. I think I have to wait until the monthly statement posts on line. I would think that with everything on computers that the statements would be available on the first or second work day of the month.

Edited by TwoCruisers