Does a suit jacket go through the xray machine?

tallyho8

Not as many as I can get in my suitcase but the reason for this question is because I am going to a wedding and don't want my jacket to get messed up.

If it is in a garment bag, it should be enough to just send the garment bag through the scanner. When we got married on the Pride we had to send our gowns (and the dismantled luggage rack!) through the scanner. They didn't make us remove them from the bags, but they obviously reserved the right.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

When you are boarding a cruise ship in New Orleans, at security, and are wearing a suit, do you have to remove your suit jacket and put it through the xray machine?

Normally not, just empty the pockets.

Not as many as I can get in my suitcase but the reason for this question is because I am going to a wedding and don't want my jacket to get messed up.

I was the bride on a cruise and I had to put my gown through the machine. Of course, it was in a hanging bag so that is a little different. The gents that were wearing their jackets did not have to remove them. Those carrying them had to go through the machine.

They may ask you to remove it. If you are concerned with keeping it fresh, put it in a garment bag instead of wearing. Any number of things could happen when you are wearing it on the flight)someone spills a drink, etc)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I must amend my previous post. I must not have read carefully, because I thought you meant the airport. Still, for the ship

I think it would use the garment bag. Anything could happen between the time you board and the wedding.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

.... When I fly with a suit on I just wear the jacket. ...

You must be pre-check then? In the standard TSA lines all jackets must be removed. It's all just a big show, but that is a topic for a different forum :p