First timers bit worried

Nuurbrend

We are going on our first cruise in 3 weeks on Thomson dream.

It was all booked as a package with Thomsons travel agents but I am a bit worried about flight times.

We arrive at Corfu at 20.50 and ship leaves at 23.00.

Has anyone else had these flight times and was it a worrying rush to make the ship.

We have no idea what we do when leaving the airport our transfers are included.

Keep having recurring dream of missing ship!

I believe you have a muster talk regarding safety before sailing but will we make it in time to hear it.

Thank you in advance for any replies

It was all booked as a package with Thomsons travel agents but I am a bit worried about flight times.

Has anyone else had these flight times and was it a worrying rush to make the ship.

I believe you have a muster talk regarding safety before sailing but will we make it in time to hear it.

When you sat a Thomson travel agent, is that an agent that is ran by Thomson's or just one that sells their product, the former they probably offer some type of guarantee, but in all honesty to me it is way too tight.

Hello, flight times do seem to be too near to when the ship leaves, however please try not to worry, IF you booked this cruise as a package by a reputable agent in the UK,everything should be fine. If, as part of a package, your flight arrival is delayed, if feasible, the ship will be informed and they may wait for you or arrange onward transfers to your next port of call at no extra cost to yourself. I suspect that your flight is a charter flight,with many people on it doing the same cruise.

There SHOULD be a Thomson representative waiting for you once you reach the arrivals hall in the airport, he or she will usually ask for your name and tick you off their list, they will then give instructions on where to board your transfer coach and what number coach to get on. This coach will then take take you to your ship.

As you have a late port departure, the safety drill will more than likely take place the following day, details of this should be found in your cabin.

Have a wonderful first cruise and may it be the first of many. Happy cruising.:)

As Essie'smom says, it's a Thomson package booked with a Thomson agent for a flight (no doubt on a Thomson plane) with a Thomson transfer to a Thomson cruise ship. It's their responsibility to get you to the ship, they know who's arriving at Corfu airport and they are doing this all the time. All you need to do is make sure you catch your plane in the UK and then you can relax.

Essiesmom and others are correct... you are in Thomson's care after you check in, before you fly away. They are doing this every week, and have it down to a fine art. there will be planes from several regional airports all landing, and staff and coaches will be waiting for you.

I remember the Manchester flight being hours late, when everyone had had dinner and a show, and we just stayed in the dock until the coaches arrived.

http://www.imo.org/en/MediaCentre/PressBriefings/Pages/45-SOLAS-eif-.aspx

Cruise ship passenger drill requirements come into force on 1 January 2015

Passenger muster

The amended regulation III/19 in the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea was adopted in 2013 in the wake of the Costa Concordia incident, to ensure that passengers undergo safety drills, including mustering at the lifeboat stations, before the ship departs or immediately on departure.

Previously, the requirement was for the muster of passengers to take place within 24 hours of their embarkation.

We've cruised twice with Thomson. They will hold the ship if your flight is delayed so you have nothing to worry about. They'll sort the safety drill too. It's their responsibility not yours so chill, relax and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

I've just booked my first cruise, also with Thomson on the Dream but we don't sail until May. We had the same flight arrival time as you into Corfu and I was offered the option of changing it to a 6:40am departure from Gatwick at no extra cost. I chose to do this as I too was concerned about how tight the timings were.

I hope you have a fab time and would love to hear all about it when you return.

Happy cruising :)

If you booked air THROUGH the cruise line, you have no worries. If, for some reason, your flight is delayed, they will either wait for you, or get you to the next port ON THEIR DIME somehow.

If you book flights yourself, you're on your own, so it's recommended coming into the port city the day prior.

I've booked our cruise s part of a Thomson package from their Cruise brochure. The flight listed was the one that lands at 20:50 and I thought was tight. The alternative was offered on the cruise website so I assume we will still get a transfer to the port area. Does anyone know what time embarkation will commence if the ship is set to sail at 23:00?

This whole holiday is owned by Thomson, and they are using their own transport both to fly you there and sail you away. They know the timings, and are responsible for getting you from your UK airport to their ship intact :cool Embarkation happens as soon as the coach unloads you at the port side; it's all a little staggered because of the different flight landings. When we were in Egypt with them, they told us they were meeting planes from 17 different airports, but this was usual.

Honestly, it's like clockwork.. they have possession of your luggage at the UK airport; you've no worries until you leave your airport when you've flown home.:D It's very efficient. :)