Welcome back party

BandM

They will have a Latitudes party at some point. You should have an invitation in your cabin upon arrival. At this party, you get free drinks and snacks, and there will be drawings for various things, such as free internet package, coupon for meal and bottle of wine at LeBistro, bottles of sparkling wine, photo of ship, etc. Be sure to bring your invitation when you go, as you turn it in and that is what they pull for the drawings.

They will have a Latitudes party at some point. You should have an invitation in your cabin upon arrival. At this party, you get free drinks and snacks.

They seem to have eliminated the snacks now at Latitudes party. At least that was our experience last April.

Edited by NMLady

They will have a Latitudes party at some point. You should have an invitation in your cabin upon arrival. At this party, you get free drinks and snacks, and there will be drawings for various things, such as free internet package, coupon for meal and bottle of wine at LeBistro, bottles of sparkling wine, photo of ship, etc. Be sure to bring your invitation when you go, as you turn it in and that is what they pull for the drawings.

If you signed up for the Latitudes program.

I see you're on the Getaway. Unless you earned 20 points on your first cruise, you will not be invited to a party. The Sky, Epic, Breakaway, Getaway, and Escape do not have the Latitudes party. There is a separate officers party for silver and above (so, if you're not on one of the 5 ships listed above, you get two parties).

If you signed up for the Latitudes program.

You do not have to sign up for NCL Latitudes program. After your first NCL cruise you are automatically a Latitudes member.

Edited by NMLady

I see you're on the Getaway. Unless you earned 20 points on your first cruise, you will not be invited to a party. The Sky, Epic, Breakaway, Getaway, and Escape do not have the Latitudes party. There is a separate officers party for silver and above (so, if you're not on one of the 5 ships listed above, you get two parties).

Just got off the Pearl, and they had 1 party for bronze, and one for silver and above. The cheese kind of sucked, I liked the canapés better, but at least we got those at the Captains Party!

On the Escape this past June we had the Latitudes party early on Wednesday evening at Spice H20 and a Silver+ officers party on Thursday afternoon in the District Brewhouse.

I believe cruises less than 7 days have no latitudes party. Cruises on the BIG ships: Epic, Getaway, Escape, and Breakaway have a latitudes party for silver, gold, and platinum members. The reason bronze are not invited is because there would not be enough room for everyone. NCL gives you bronze after your first cruise.

IMHO, I usually skip the Latitudes party. The last one I did was like an infomercial about new NCL ships. The captain and staff briefly attend but do not take any questions like the cruise critic meet and greets. They serve cheap wine and watered down rum punch. Its a nice gesture but I don't attend. I don't attend the Haven parties either.

NCL has perks for every level including bronze. Check the latitudes site for all the perks and discounts for every level.

Edited by david_sobe

Have sailed the Gem a few times. In the past there was a latitudes party for Bronze, Silver, and I believe a combined Gold & Platinum. This party was always held in the Spinaker Lounge

We sailed the Gem this past December as a Silver. It was one combined party for all tiers. We were herded like sheep into the packed Spinaker. There were no available seats and the bar was several people deep. My bride and I looked at each other and without a spoken word headed for the door. What used to be a nice gesture was cheapened to the point that we did not waste the hour – instead headed to Magnum’s bar for a relaxing cocktail.

We are traveling on the Breakaway next month as Gold, but based on last year’s fiasco, we fully expect to skip the latitudes party. It was great while it lasted.

Sent from my iPhone

We are traveling on the Breakaway next month as Gold, but based on last year’s fiasco, we fully expect to skip the latitudes party. It was great while it lasted.

The Latitudes party on the Breakaway that I attended was lovely. They passed the regular wine & cocktails but the bar was open if you wanted something else. The Latitudes staff spoke briefly to introduce the officers that were gathered and then it was very much a meet/mingle with them. It was not crowded and was held in Fat Cats.

Have sailed the Gem a few times. In the past there was a latitudes party for Bronze, Silver, and I believe a combined Gold & Platinum. This party was always held in the Spinaker Lounge

We sailed the Gem this past December as a Silver. It was one combined party for all tiers. We were herded like sheep into the packed Spinaker. There were no available seats and the bar was several people deep. My bride and I looked at each other and without a spoken word headed for the door. What used to be a nice gesture was cheapened to the point that we did not waste the hour – instead headed to Magnum’s bar for a relaxing cocktail.

Sent from my iPhone

It sounds like the Latitudes party should have been broken up into a couple of groups. This is how it's been handled on our sailings when there are too many Latitudes members on board to hold one party.

I been on 6 NCL cruises this year on 4 different ships. Huge crowds with not enough seats. The platinum party was better on 2 ships, but about the same on the other 2, with too many people. There wasn't the unlimited range of service I've seen in the past, and clearly minimal amount of staff serving. The actions of some cruisers was appalling- with chasing down servers, grabbing drinks off trays, demanding multiple drinks when some sections not getting any.

I'll speculate down the road, changes will be in place with these parties. They aren't what they used to be, with small numbers of qualifying people. The cruise industry has exploded. :)