Carniege deli is closing 12/31/2016

George C

I know everyone does not agree but this is a historic deli with great food that has been open about 80 years and is closing in a few months, so if you want a great sandwich need to go, sad that Stage deli closed a few years ago and now this, I know Katz is good but not in Times square area, so I guess we will now do Juniors for my Pastrami fix on next trip to NYC, this has been in a few movies over the years

Only a handful of classic delis left in NY. Artie's on Broadway and 84th is a decent deli, and there also the 2nd Avenue deli (now on 3rd and 34th). I haven't been to Carnegie in years. But agree it is a landmark - sad to see it go.

It's Katz's for us - well worth the schlep :)

Only a handful of classic delis left in NY. Artie's on Broadway and 84th is a decent deli, and there also the 2nd Avenue deli (now on 3rd and 34th). I haven't been to Carnegie in years. But agree it is a landmark - sad to see it go.

It's Katz's for us - well worth the schlep :)

As I had mentioned Junior's is good the original is in Brooklyn , but location on Broadway and 45th opened about 10 years ago, it is also a little cheaper than Carneige but also still has those great kosher pickles, pastrami and corned beef

As I had mentioned Junior's is good the original is in Brooklyn , but location on Broadway and 45th opened about 10 years ago, it is also a little cheaper than Carneige but also still has those great kosher pickles, pastrami and corned beef

Junior's = cheesecake :D