Complimentary pressing of garments upon embarkation

chrismch

In concierge staterooms, this is one of the perks. It says, " Certain limitations apply." What does that mean? What is the max allowed? I don't want every clothing item from my suitcase packed, only those items that wrinkled.

In concierge staterooms, this is one of the perks. It says, " Certain limitations apply." What does that mean? What is the max allowed? I don't want every clothing item from my suitcase packed, only those items that wrinkled.

They do two items per person, free.

You'll find cards on the stateroom credenza.

When we arrived in our penthouse,we asked the butler to take my husbands very creased linen jacket for a press for dinner.He said that it is normally a 24 hr service,but he did manage to get it back to him ready for dinner.Bit of a waste as no one else seems to bother with a jacket.

Is there a public laundry that passengers can use to press clothing?

Yes

1 on the R ships & about 5 on the O class ships

they have washer & dryers soap is supplied

Last cruise it was $2 per machine you can get tokens from Reception

Irons & boards are free

CIMG4649-M.jpg

Edited by LHT28

Yes

1 on the R ships & about 5 on the O class ships

they have washer & dryers soap is supplied

Last cruise it was $2 per machine you can get tokens from Reception

Irons & boards are free

CIMG4649-M.jpg

That is good to know. I will be on Sirena, which is an R class but is new to Oceania. Is the iron and board on Sirena as well?

That is good to know. I will be on Sirena, which is an R class but is new to Oceania. Is the iron and board on Sirena as well?

That I cannot say for sure about Sirena

Maybe someone who is on her now will comment

I see SAMMIEDAWG is posting in another thread maybe ask them to check for you

Edited by LHT28

I will be on Sirena, which is an R class but is new to Oceania. Is the iron and board on Sirena as well?

There are laundry rooms (with ironing boards) on all of the R ships, including Sirena.

Deck 7, just forward of the aft staircase tower.

Look for the hanger icon on the Deck Plans

104835.jpg

Edited by JimandStan

It is different from the other "R" ships and assume that is a holdover from the Princess days. There are more washer/dryer combos - maybe six?? It is also much more crowded in the room because of that. There is at least one iron and ironing board but don't think it was one of the built-in types that you'll find on the other Oceania ships.

When we were on board in July/August the machines were accepting tokens (that was a change from the inaugural cruises where they took quarters) but the laundry soap was from a box on the floor - not the automatic liquid dispensers on the other ships.

This may have been updated by now as there were still lots of small things being worked on - mostly out of view of the passengers.