PRIDE 10-01 change

NHL Philly Fan

I feel bad for the people already down in Baltimore with their shirts packed for the warm weather. Better go buy some sweatshirts!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah me too--I'm an hour away from Baltimore but I never sail from there because I don't want to sail away in the cold so I just fly out of FLL OR MIA. Hurricane doesn't care though...😟

Sent from my SM-G928T using Forums mobile app

At least they are allowing them the opportunity to request a refund or reschedule. That's normally not an option, but I suppose that they figure substituting NYC and Canada for the Caribbean is just too much of a change.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It really is. I'm glad they offered that.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Forums mobile app

I am sorry for those that wanted warm weather, but safety first. I hope the cruise is still enjoyed.

Now... to offer $100 onboard credit, and 25% off next cruise is amazing, considering this is not their fault.

Last September, we were on the pride and were derailed by Hurricane Jaquin....we breifly stopped in Grand Turk, got called back to the ship early and all other ports cancelled...we just sailed around away from the storm...between florida and cuba....Carnival was SUPER GENEROUS...they gave everyone a 50% refund AND 50% off our next cruise!! We were shocked to say the least, totally unexpected....and according to the cruise contract, totally not necessary....KUDOS TO CARNIVAL!!

We are still going!

We were on the canceled hurricane Sandy cruise. (What luck, huh? Lol). So I look at it like this: At least it wasn't canceled! Any day on a cruise is better than no cruise at all, right?

Besides, we won't have to worry about contracting Zika virus, we won't burned to a crisp. AND, I still don't have to work for a whole week, no cooking, and I won't even have to make my own damn bed!

I'm sure the crew will take good care of us.

Would I rather be on a beach in warm weather? Yes, absolutely. But I want to be able to bring my family home safe even more.

I'm down here in Baltimore with 20 members of my family. That's what counts!

And if he would've waited just a few more days, they did give the option to cancel! Lol

Exactly! I was thinking that when I first read he'd cancelled - why not wait and see what Carnival would do, since there was no $ advantage cancelling 5/6 days early vs cancelling the day of. I guess it's a lesson learned for next time.

I know that Canada is a little stringent in not allowing some people into their borders. Some with relatively minor offenses offenses such as 20 year old DUIs and drug misdemeanors may not be allowed off the boat in Saint John. Could that be an issue? Especially when they thought they would have those port days in the not-so-stringent Carribean?

Edited by LadyBeBop

I know that Canada is a little stringent in not allowing some people into their borders. Some with relatively minor offenses offenses such as 20 year old DUIs and drug misdemeanors may not be allowed off the boat in Saint John. Could that be an issue? Especially when they thought they would have those port days in the not-so-stringent Carribean?

Good point...Well, it's certainly no fault of the cruise line that these people find themselves in that conundrum. At least they have the option to take a chance and see if they can disembark in Canada OR elect to cancel the cruise, take the refund, and make other plans.

Edited by The4Cruisers

DH and I were talking about this last night. I'm sure it will require a shopping trip for some people. I don't bring any pants when we cruise in warm weather, only sundresses and shorts. I bring one light jacket that can be worn around the ship in case the air conditioning is really cold.

So, people who might not have a personal car have to procure transportation to a store to shop. Wondering if trip insurance would help out on purchasing clothes for the change of itinerary?

We are still going!

We were on the canceled hurricane Sandy cruise. (What luck, huh? Lol). So I look at it like this: At least it wasn't canceled! Any day on a cruise is better than no cruise at all, right?

Besides, we won't have to worry about contracting Zika virus, we won't burned to a crisp. AND, I still don't have to work for a whole week, no cooking, and I won't even have to make my own damn bed!

I'm sure the crew will take good care of us.

Would I rather be on a beach in warm weather? Yes, absolutely. But I want to be able to bring my family home safe even more.

I'm down here in Baltimore with 20 members of my family. That's what counts!

I am sure the Captain will find some warm weather for you somewhere! I would go too! Have an AMAZING time!

I just cancelled and rescheduled for Oct 23. No way am I paying that much money for a trip to NYC and Saint John. I drive to NYC all the time.

Welcome aboard! Come over and hit up our roll call...it's been pretty dead in there so far.

A quick trip to Wally World for some $5.00 sweatshirts should take care of the clothing concern. They should already have a couple pairs of jeans/long pants for dinner. If not, WalMart sells those for cheap too ;)

People could also buy I <3 NY sweatshirts which would double as warm attire and a souvenir :p

The fun is finding a Wally World in Baltimore. The one the crew used to hit on debark/embark days was closed to make way for the new UA campus.

We sail next Saturday from NYC and we're waiting to see what happens, but packing in the event our Canadian cruise turns into a Bermudan vacation or CTN.

I just cancelled and rescheduled for Oct 23. No way am I paying that much money for a trip to NYC and Saint John. I drive to NYC all the time.

Any tips on cancelling and rescheduling? We have the same option for our cruise on the Pride this Sunday. This would have been my first cruise. lol

Any tips on cancelling and rescheduling? We have the same option for our cruise on the Pride this Sunday. This would have been my first cruise. lol

Find a few different cruise options online and call Carnival. Tell them you want to rescheduled and they'll walk you through it. But make sure you do it soon because there will be a lot of other people doing the same thing. I was lucky and got the exact same itinerary, only a few weeks later.

Find a few different cruise options online and call Carnival. Tell them you want to rescheduled and they'll walk you through it. But make sure you do it soon because there will be a lot of other people doing the same thing. I was lucky and got the exact same itinerary, only a few weeks later.

Thank you! I booked at a great rate so I am afraid I'll have to wait until the rates come back to the price I want them to be. Hopefully I can find something!

Just kidding. My wife and I went and had a great time. $500 OBC and 50% off our next cruise made it even better. Added benefit, over 700 people cancelled and/or got off in NYC. Never waited for an elevator, no lines at the buffet, and plenty of chairs by the pool.