Senor Discounts on Carnival

Does anyone know if Carnival offers discounts for 55+ I have checked the box and put ages in and the prices do not change. I have tired different ships and sailings. I also checked online cruise agencies and it appears it does not matter.

Is this something that you need to call about to get a discount?. I do not want waste a travel agents time unless I am know what I want and are ready to book. I like to do all my research ahead of time.

Are senior discounts out of date perhaps and it just there as a marketing tool they still use?

Thank you for your suggestions.

Edited by thursdaysrecords
miss spelled word

Does anyone know if Carnival offers discounts for 55+ I have checked the box and put ages in and the prices do not change. I have tired different ships and sailings. I also checked online cruise agencies and it appears it does not matter.

Is this something that you need to call about to get a discount?. I do not want waste a travel agents time unless I am know what I want and are ready to book. I like to do all my research ahead of time.

Are senior discounts out of date perhaps and it just there as a marketing tool they still use?

I've never known Carnival to offer a discount for 55+. The only discount I'm aware of is for active duty or retired military.

Yes, Carnival does offer a little discount on 55+ on specific dates, b/c I just got one.

My sail date is w/in 60 days and all of a sudden senior rate popped up. Since I bought Early Saver rate, I price matched with the newly available senior rate and got $30 OBC.

I've gotten senior discounts a few times. They seem to pop up for a while when they need to fill more cabins on particular cruises. I have usually gotten them for Inside cabins. I'm not sure how many categories of cabins may be covered; it may just depend on their inventory in different categories. If you are already booked, keep checking rates and you may (or may not) see a senior rate pop up at some point.

Carnival might but why would you want to sail Carnival when Cunard at any price is soooo much better?

One time we booked using the senior discount. It was only a month before the cruise. We were able to get a great price on a spa cabin on the Magic. Good thing we were able to drive or the savings would have probably been wiped out by the increase in airfare.

On some cruises/dates you will pull up "Senior Offer" by checking the 55+ box

Search the cruise you are interested in using the Carnival fare saver search tool (google it).

This is what I use to price match with the Early Saver Promotion. Here you can see all promotions available for that sailing. There are quite a few senior saver promos for my December sailing.

I hope you find a fare that will allow you to cruise soon.

This reply meant for OP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Cruzlover7

They don't seem to excist.

Disregard all those saying senior rate doesn't exist. I am booked on a cruise in November and was originally on an early saver rate, but a couple of weeks ago the senior rate came up and saved me over $100. Now I have that much more credit on my account. It does come up, you just have to keep looking.

Senior rates are very tightly capacity controlled. In other words, if a sailing is selling well then the discount will not be offered, if it is not selling so well then they may offer it to try and fill cabins. We tend to book sailings that do sell very well and far out, so we usually do not see a senior rate available.