Starting Your Cruise from Venice with an Overnight Onboard

IECalCruiser

We will be sailing out of Venice on November 21st with check in and an overnight before departing on the 22nd. We accepted an upsell and will be in a full suite. We will have the complementary first night Specialty Restaurant dinner but with the Sterling Steakhouse alternating nights with Sabatini's I assume that there will be some latitude for which night we use the dinner. Does anyone know if the DR will be open on the 21st and/or the 22nd for lunch? Also, is there a possibility of open seating for dinner on the 21st and/or the 22nd? I assume that there will be few on board activities on 22nd. Will the muster drill be held on the 22nd about 45 minutes before departure? No big deal but just wondering.

Yes. You can book your specialty restaurant for other than the first night. We did that on the Pacific Princess in December. Yes, Muster will be held just before sail away. Can't remember whether there's open seating the overnight in Venice. I think it depends on the Maitre d'.

Yes. You can book your specialty restaurant for other than the first night. We did that on the Pacific Princess in December. Yes, Muster will be held just before sail away. Can't remember whether there's open seating the overnight in Venice. I think it depends on the Maitre d'.
Thanks for the info. We will be next door to the suite you were upgraded to for the 50th Anniversary cruise. Do you remember if Sabatini's opened for breakfast at 7:30, even on our port days?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the info. We will be next door to the suite you were upgraded to for the 50th Anniversary cruise. Do you remember if Sabatini's opened for breakfast at 7:30, even on our port days?
Yes. :) Sabatini's and Sterling Steakhouse rotate with the same waitstaff. One night it was Sabatini's, next night it was Sterling Steakhouse. I don't like Sabatini's (for dinner) so when we boarded, we asked to have our Suite dinner in the Sterling Steakhouse. No problem.

• 1 month later...

Hoping for some flight help for our Venice to Venice cruise next October. We are looking at a flight leaving Venice at 12:50 p.m. after arrival in Venice at 6:00 a.m. Is that doable? I can't find anything on the Princess site advising scheduling flights.

Another question- do you recommend Princess transfers? It would be $216 for both of us for transfers to and from the ship. Seems mighty high! Where does the ship dock for Venice? Trying to research options for getting ourselves back & forth.

Thanks!!

Edited by MustangGT

Hoping for some flight help for our Venice to Venice cruise next October. We are looking at a flight leaving Venice at 12:50 p.m. after arrival in Venice at 6:00 a.m. Is that doable? I can't find anything on the Princess site advising scheduling flights.

Another question- do you recommend Princess transfers? It would be $216 for both of us for transfers to and from the ship. Seems mighty high! Where does the ship dock for Venice? Trying to research options for getting ourselves back & forth.

Thanks!!

Our flight was 10:30 and it was a Princess flight.

We made it with lots of time to spare.

We book a car/driver. It was 70 Euro.

Marta at Treveso Car Service:

TVCARSERVICE@GMAIL.COM

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Thanks!!

I can't speak for Princess, but I have done Venice to Venice cruises a few times with Royal Caribbean, including a little over a week ago. We booked our flights with RCCL but not transfers as they were very expensive. It is about 30 mins by car from Venice airport to the cruise ship terminal and we used http://www.airports-shuttle.com and can recommend. The return fare was 73 euros, and our drivers out and back held up my name, computer-printed, and were waiting for us at both ends, even though we were off the ship 30 minutes earlier than we had booked.

Our flight time, by the way, was 11.30, and we were at the airport before 9 am!

Edited by mrsgoggins

We use our specialty reservation the first night. It is so empty, we have the wait staff to ourselves. They quickly learned our preferences for the rest of the cruise. On our last cruise on the Pacific, the specialty dining room was booked or nearly booked every later night.

Can anyone tell me which Venice port the Pacific Princess uses? This is our first time to Venice and the planning is just starting. We will have 2 nights pre-cruise in Venice and are hoping to find a hotel or Bed & Breakfast that will be convenient to get to. Is there such a thing in Venice? Lol!!

For the Princess advice, look in your personalizer in the section that shows the Travel Summary. It should say something about the number of hours after arriving that it is safe to book a flight.

Can anyone tell me which Venice port the Pacific Princess uses? This is our first time to Venice and the planning is just starting. We will have 2 nights pre-cruise in Venice and are hoping to find a hotel or Bed & Breakfast that will be convenient to get to. Is there such a thing in Venice? Lol!!

Look in the area close to the Piazzale Roma

Thanks!!

Yes u can get to airport from dock by taxi in about 30 minutes

Do not take Princess transfers,taxi is best price.

Go to website Venice for Visitors - 2016-2017 Travel Guide - Europe for Visitors and they give many options for transportation,hotels,dining,tours.

I learned a great deal and also save some money by reading this site.I did a shared water taxi to my hotel and it was us and one more couple for 38 euros,it was a wonderful ride to Venice,a memory that we both cherish,better than a gondola ride in my opinionI will be glad to give you any info about Venice,my email themob49@gmail.com.I have taken two cruises from Venice

ekiprent@tiscali.it is taxi service excellent service

Edited by themob
addition

For the Princess advice, look in your personalizer in the section that shows the Travel Summary. It should say something about the number of hours after arriving that it is safe to book a flight.

Thanks! I finally drilled down far enough to find it. Princess says no flight before 6 hours after docking. We won't have a problem with that!

Yes u can get to airport from dock by taxi in about 30 minutes

Do not take Princess transfers,taxi is best price.

Go to website Venice for Visitors - 2016-2017 Travel Guide - Europe for Visitors and they give many options for transportation,hotels,dining,tours.

I learned a great deal and also save some money by reading this site.I did a shared water taxi to my hotel and it was us and one more couple for 38 euros,it was a wonderful ride to Venice,a memory that we both cherish,better than a gondola ride in my opinionI will be glad to give you any info about Venice,my email themob49@gmail.com.I have taken two cruises from Venice

ekiprent@tiscali.it is taxi service excellent service

Thanks for the information!! I will definitely check out the Venice for Visitors. I will take you up on your offer to answer my questions. Once I get them organized, I will drop you an email!

As the OP, thought I would come back with our experience on the Pacific. We were able to book our specialty restaurant dinner for any night we wanted. The DR was open for lunch on the first day but not the second. The muster drill was held 45 minutes before departure as normal. After muster, we went back to our room and went out on our huge aft Owner's suite balcony. As the Pacific left the port and entered the Giudecca Canal we opened a bottle of Prosecco and turned on Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli singing Con te partiro. It was dark but it was still great watching the lights of Venice go by.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums