Is 6th Floor, Anthem Sale worth it?

I've had a Anthem cruise booked for a while and I check on the prices every now and then.

Normally I see a sale but it's really not, only cause they raise the base price before the discount lol.

But I just saw that they having a sale on the

6th floor Deluxe Obstructed View Balcony.

It looks like it's close to a $100 cheaper then the interior room I have booked.

A couple questions:

I was reading that it is above the promenade so is that going to affect noise level? Or I read someone saying something about the lights from beneath blinding the view at night?

Do the lifeboats really just block the whole view? I would like if someone who has been in one of these rooms comment their experience.

I guess other then the balcony, the room is bigger then and interior room?

Thanks!

I would take it. You get to keep $100 and you get the balcony space and fresh air, even if it is obstructed.

Is it a guarantee? If it is, you might win and get an unobstructed balcony. Many do.

I had one over the Chops Grill, no noise at all. The lights near the lifeboats are kinda of bright but in no way a deal breaker.

Here is sunset in a 75% obstructed view.

Thanks for all your input everyone.do you remember around what room number that may have been

Make sure its not a "new bookings only" sale (like Going, Going, Gone). For $100 LESS than your interior, I would definitely take it. Slightly larger stateroom (10-30 sq ft, depending on which interior room you initially booked) plus the fresh air make it a no brainer.

We just got out of 6642, which is a SpaJS near the elevators. Never heard any noise from deck 5, ever.

That part I would not be concerned about.

For a balcony- you will be looking over life boats- unless it's one of the bulge balconies.

Loved deck 6 so much that we re-booked it for an Anthem cruising next November.

We just got out of 6642, which is a SpaJS near the elevators. Never heard any noise from deck 5, ever.

That part I would not be concerned about.

For a balcony- you will be looking over life boats- unless it's one of the bulge balconies.

Loved deck 6 so much that we re-booked it for an Anthem cruising next November.

Should I pick a room with a full life boat or like towards the end of the lifeboat

Should I pick a room with a full life boat or like towards the end of the lifeboat

If you get a room in the middle of a lifeboat you would only have a 50% obstruction (no davit arm) if they are available I would get one of them, they do sell first.

There is another thread that has a floor plan showing davit arm locations to help.

We were in 6294 which was in the middle of a life boat. We were considered 50% obstructed. I believe the ends of the lifeboats are going to be 75% obstructed because you also have the davit structure blocking part of your view.

The first photo is the view standing at the balcony door, the rest are taken standing at the balcony railing. If you notice the one looking to the left shows you the davit structure I was referring to.

It was nice to have the fresh air and the natural light of the balcony! However, I experienced quite a bit of noise in our cabin so if you're a light sleeper or anything I would not recommend the cabins in the vicinity of 6294 because they are across from a crew access stairwell!

1243027766_ObstructedBalcony1.jpg.78b1eaa0acefc637d7333e69535861d9.jpg

937419499_ObstructedBalcony3.jpg.73308f88f06f8a8204327d84f319b1c4.jpg

2063712553_ObstructedBalcony4.jpg.eabda08dbb6b89ae19a86d2203b4309b.jpg

1506360126_ObstructedBalcony5.jpg.423b1d9b6655370a00e015924f99cd25.jpg

I've had a Anthem cruise booked for a while and I check on the prices every now and then.

Normally I see a sale but it's really not, only cause they raise the base price before the discount lol.

But I just saw that they having a sale on the 6th floor Deluxe Obstructed View Balcony.

It looks like it's close to a $100 cheaper then the interior room I have booked.

A couple questions:

I was reading that it is above the promenade so is that going to affect noise level? Or I read someone saying something about the lights from beneath blinding the view at night?

Do the lifeboats really just block the whole view? I would like if someone who has been in one of these rooms comment their experience.

I guess other then the balcony, the room is bigger then and interior room?

Thanks!

You can also book a Guarantee X, which should be a little less money than a DO and you may even get a cabin without any obstruction at all. If you are assigned a DO, you can always change your room to another DO location. I booked a Guarantee X once and received a D1.

My Mom just had 6166 which was a 50% obstructed cabin. She had booked a super studio guarantee and was assigned a DO. It was a connecting cabin with bed by the balcony. Her view was the middle of a lifeboat. No problem seeing over it if you were standing, no real view if you sat out of the balcony though. Was a non-issue as Hermine kept her off the balcony anyway.;):p