Guarantee Booking - When I will know the stateroom assigned?

PR Cruisers

I have to be worried?
Don't be worried, be excited! But don't get your hopes up too high for a miracle upgrade, because most people pretty much get the category they paid for. Consider yourself very lucky if you get upgraded to the next higher meta-category (e.g. inside to oceanview, or oceanview to balcony).

:D:D:D:D

Oh, I feel your pain. See my post from about 6 weeks ago.

In all honesty, I had an ocean view guarantee(OC, so supposedly a non obstructed ocean view) and no assignment until 2 days before sailing. I'm a type A personality, so this was V-E-R-Y stressful, for many reasons.

Two days prior,on the day I arrived in my embarkation port (Seattle) on my 1,000,000 call to my PCC, I found out that I had been upgraded to a midship mini-suite. I had MANY people tell me of last minute upgrades and brushed it off, and then promptly came back here to eat my proper crow.

Not saying that you need to do that-just that I understand the stress, but know that it can go pretty darn close to the wire, and upgrades, while not guaranteed, do happen. I hope that you get lucky as well!!!

Stacey

I most always book guarantees. My recent trip on the Star- was assigned the day prior, I was on the Dawn twice in August- assigned less than a week prior. Sun in March- assignments on 2 cruises days within booking less than 2 months prior.

Toss a coin. :)

I most always book guarantees. My recent trip on the Star- was assigned the day prior, I was on the Dawn twice in August- assigned less than a week prior. Sun in March- assignments on 2 cruises days within booking less than 2 months prior.

Toss a coin. :)

Any luck with upgrades on those?