Allure of the seas this Sunday/Oct 9

We too, are flying out of chicago>Detroit>FLL tomorrow morning. Our plan B is to get into Ft Meyers and take the 2 hour drive over, but we don't know about the roads/fuel availability. Hotel for tomorrow night said they were jammed yesterday and our reservation was not refundable. RC said itinerary is still in tact. I guess we will try to make it an adventure and see what happens. We were on the RC Vision March 2015 and it was nice.

Still have power in Cocoa Beach. Port Canaveral must as well, the webcam is up. Wind is coming from west so it is calm in our building. Should shift to the south soon and shake the shutters

Just spoke to Captain Holmes....he said from what he knows now, Allure will be docking at Port Everglades Sunday and Freedom will be docking at Port Canaveral Sunday.

Happy to see your periscope this morning!:)

Nassau took a direct hit from hurricane Mathew. Hotel, homes and beaches suffered severe damage according to videos and local reports. I do not see cruise ships stopping at Freeport Nassau or the private islands for a number of weeks. Let us all pray that there is no loss of life for the residents of the islands of Bahamas, we can not say that for Haiti with almost 300 people died from Mathew

All things considered, we are good here in Port Canaveral area...dodged a devastating bullet by less than 20 miles. The NE quad stayed off coast. Tomorrow weather and Sunday will be nice. Freedom and all other ships should have no problem going as scheduled.

Nassau took a direct hit from hurricane Mathew. Hotel, homes and beaches suffered severe damage according to videos and local reports. I do not see cruise ships stopping at Freeport Nassau or the private islands for a number of weeks. Let us all pray that there is no loss of life for the residents of the islands of Bahamas, we can not say that for Haiti with almost 300 people died from Mathew

I thought I heard a report that said the western part of the island was hardest hit, and that Nassau itself was spared the worst of the storm.

I thought I had heard that too, and there has been no Itinerary change for Allure which is supposed to be in Nassau on Monday.

According to the Atlantis site they are doing fine. The airport is to open shortly and the hotel has returned all guests to their rooms. All venues should be open by tomorrow except the water park might not be open until Tuesday or Wednesday.

from RC Itinerary Update website:

Freedom of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas

We will be delaying departure times for these sailings to give guests more time to arrive to the ship. New departure times are:

Oasis of the Seas sailing from Port Everglades on Saturday, October 8, will now depart at 7:00 p.m.

Allure of the Seas sailing from Port Everglades on Sunday, October 9, will now depart at 7:00 p.m.

Freedom of the Seas sailing from Port Canaveral on Sunday, October 9 will now depart at 9:00 p.m.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/itineraryUpdates.do

On board Allure now. We have 2 sea days, St. Marteen, San Juan, Labadee and sea day. They replaced both St. Thomas and Nassau.

As long as I'm on board, I don't care where we go!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Who gave you those changes?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On board Allure now. We have 2 sea days, St. Marteen, San Juan, Labadee and sea day. They replaced both St. Thomas and Nassau.

As long as I'm on board, I don't care where we go!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What time are they leaving today?