Just off the Epic

Clancampbell

So glad you enjoyed your cruise! We cruised on the Epic last year (Western Med) and had a fantastic time. My parents were with us and they recently booked a TA on her because they loved her so much. I wish I could join them but with our Getaway cruise next month and other vacations, I just couldn't do it. But I would go back on the Epic again in a heartbeat!

Also just got off the epic in Barcelona. Such a great vacation and a great ship.

I'd love to hear what I'm missing by not going with a different ship or different cruise line.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Also just got off the epic in Barcelona. Such a great vacation and a great ship.

I'd love to hear what I'm missing by not going with a different ship or different cruise line.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

In 19 days I will be on the EPIC for first time. We have only cruised on Carnival in the past. So I am excited to see the differences in ships and staff and food. Now luck would have it I was able to get a upsell to a Haven 2 bedroom Suite. So I know I will enjoy myself, but still want to compare the two Cruise lines.

In 19 days I will be on the EPIC for first time. We have only cruised on Carnival in the past. So I am excited to see the differences in ships and staff and food. Now luck would have it I was able to get a upsell to a Haven 2 bedroom Suite. So I know I will enjoy myself, but still want to compare the two Cruise lines.

Glad to see the good comments as I just booked a studio. I have been wanting to try but I stuck with Carnival as well. The no single supplement is a big sell with me. Can't wait to try it out.

I absolutely LOVE the Epic. It was my first cruise. DH was convinced I'd actually prefer the smaller ships, and we recently took a large family vacation on the Jade. I certainly had a wonderful time, but it honestly didn't compare to the Epic. I felt like the Jade shut down at 11pm, and while on the Epic, we literally never had downtime... and I was bored a few times, to be honest, on the Jade.

I'm super excited to try one of the -away ships, and even more excited to talk DH into the Escape! Honestly, nothing about the Epic bothered me, and I'd love to sail on her again!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Forums mobile app

Hi EPIC fellow passengers,

a colleague of mine will celebrate her birthday on the EPIC starting from Miami to carribeans beginning 2017. She wants to make dinner reservation for favourable lobster dinner in a suitable restaurant in advance.

Is there a Restaurant that offers lobsters regulary on the menue card and how can she arrange table for two reservation prior to departure ?

Unfortunately NCL customer hotline in Germany has got no clue where lobster will be on the menue beginning of next year ?!

Looking forward for any recommendation.

Thanks,

FMR

I read on CC recently that NCL had discontinued lox/smoked salmon for breakfast in the Buffet on some of the ships. Any of you who just got off know if this breakfast item is still available?

I can't recall seeing it at the buffet from last week (I don't like smoked salmon, so I would have walked quickly past any station holding it), but I'm sure I remember it being on an eggs benedict of some description. If that's right, then I'd be surprised if they had it only for that and nothing else.

Hi EPIC fellow passengers,

a colleague of mine will celebrate her birthday on the EPIC starting from Miami to carribeans beginning 2017. She wants to make dinner reservation for favourable lobster dinner in a suitable restaurant in advance.

Is there a Restaurant that offers lobsters regulary on the menue card and how can she arrange table for two reservation prior to departure ?

Unfortunately NCL customer hotline in Germany has got no clue where lobster will be on the menue beginning of next year ?!

Looking forward for any recommendation.

Thanks,

FMR

Currently, as I understand, lobster if off the menu--that's what I've been reading here on CC. I don't personally like lobster so haven't really paid attention. That said, who knows whether they'll have it in 2017? If they do, I know Cagney's used to have it on the menu regularly.

Currently, as I understand, lobster if off the menu--that's what I've been reading here on CC. I don't personally like lobster so haven't really paid attention. That said, who knows whether they'll have it in 2017? If they do, I know Cagney's used to have it on the menu regularly.

Since this is the case...

OP, I would suggest this: As soon as your friend boards, there will be a table with someone taking specialty dining reservations. There will be all of the menus for reviewing.

A block of times are up for grabs prior to the cruise but others are for booking once pax boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another Epic fan here having sailed her three times so far. OP, glad you had a great first cruise. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Just Jo. Been home a week now and we are still buzzing from the time spent on the Epic. I have been looking around for other cruises as we want to go to the fjords but this would mean sailing on another ship and we aren't sure if we want to do that without having another sailing on the Epic first.

Problems, problems [emoji6]

Can I just recommend to anyone due to sail any time soon, go see Siglo in the Cavern - brilliant nights entertainment, so talented and got plenty of standing ovations when we watched them. They don't seem to get much recognition on here for some strange reason.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

This was my first cruise so have nothing to compare the experience with but I can tell you me and my DW have had the most wonderful time. Accommodation, entertainment, staff, food, itinerary etc were all top notch and we can't wait to have enough money to sail on the Epic again.

Nice to know you enjoyed your first cruise. Time to plan for the next!

What sort of performance is Siglo. Last time we were on the Epic we couldn't even get into the Cavern. It was packed out every night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Siglo are a four piece band. Drums, bass, keys, guitar. Brilliant musos. They all sing. The guitarist Randy is exceptional. Last week they were in The Cavern most nights. We always got a seat no problem. They play a wide range from 1950s to present day.

To anyone sailing on the Epic for the first time and reading any threads that are full of negativity, please do not let them put you off or cause you any concern.

This was my first cruise so have nothing to compare the experience with but I can tell you me and my DW have had the most wonderful time. Accommodation, entertainment, staff, food, itinerary etc were all top notch and we can't wait to have enough money to sail on the Epic again.

We are booked on the Epic for Dec this year. I was looking at the web site, (Not sure if I am allowed to name it) and it shows a 11/26/16 sailing to the Virgin Islands, balcony, free drinks, and either gratuities, dinner, or Wi-Fi. Your choice of two free. The price is $549. This sure sounds like a great deal. My December cruise is costing $1000 each. Why the half price?

To anyone sailing on the Epic for the first time and reading any threads that are full of negativity, please do not let them put you off or cause you any concern.

So glad to hear this! We are sailing on Epic in a few weeks. First time on Epic and NCL. We are so excited! Always see good and bad but many people are very nit picky and we are very easy going. A cruise is what you make of it and we always make the most of every moment! ;)

Thank you for posting your review. We are sailing on EPIC next Sunday :):). We absolutely can't wait. Our previous 1st cruise was on the Jade which we loved. We we are looking forward to seeing all the facilities on offer for ourselves and my 16 year old daughter and her friend. I want them to have a ball and some great memories!

• 2 weeks later...
I absolutely LOVE the Epic. It was my first cruise. DH was convinced I'd actually prefer the smaller ships, and we recently took a large family vacation on the Jade. I certainly had a wonderful time, but it honestly didn't compare to the Epic. I felt like the Jade shut down at 11pm, and while on the Epic, we literally never had downtime... and I was bored a few times, to be honest, on the Jade.

I'm super excited to try one of the -away ships, and even more excited to talk DH into the Escape! Honestly, nothing about the Epic bothered me, and I'd love to sail on her again!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Forums mobile app

We found the same on the Jade, the ship seemed to only open up at 6pm shutdown at 11pm which left us trying to hunt out a bar with atmosphere. We didnt feel this way on the Star however so im not sure if its an intentional thing?

We also just got off the Epic today and have had a wonderful week. This was not our first cruise and we enjoy freestyle cruising as just want to relax.

The entertainment was fantastic - we did all the shows and highly reccomend them all. The food was good in all the restaurants and the staff were wonderful.

We organized our own private shore tours as the NCL tours were way too expensive.

I agree with other posters that the only thing bad about the cruise is hearing people complaining or being rude to the wonderful staff.