Booking Airport Transportation through Carnival

cdl324

Hello! We are flying into San Juan, Puerto Rick on 10/30. Should we book airport transportation from the airport to our cruise port through Carnival? It's $18 per person per way. Is there a better way to get to the cruise port? This is our first cruise so we have never had to worry about this. :) Thanks in advance!

The taxi fare between the airport and cruise port in San Juan is a fixed fare plus luggage fees per bag. If there are at least two of you, a taxi (including luggage) will be less than two transfers through Carnival.

Even when cruising out out San Juan by myself, the couple of dollars savings of Carnival's transfer for one vs. a taxi isn't worth the inconvenience of waiting for Carnival to fill a bus on one end and then unload luggage at the other end.

Hello! We are flying into San Juan, Puerto Rick on 10/30. Should we book airport transportation from the airport to our cruise port through Carnival? It's $18 per person per way. Is there a better way to get to the cruise port? This is our first cruise so we have never had to worry about this. :) Thanks in advance!

That is the last way i would go.

I agree with DallasGuy. Just grab a taxi. If I remember right (4 years ago) it was like less than $25 for the 2 of us to get to the ship. Get to the ship early and drop your bags, then walk back off and see the old port area. Even walk up to the old Fort for a spectacular view.

Head to the taxi stand and there are numerous staff there to get you in and on your way. It's super easy. As stated before it's a flat rate. Have no worries about this.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much!

I can't speak to flying in same day. Since the ship doesn't depart until 10:00 I can't imagine an issue. We've always flown down a day or two early. Don't stress about it. It's very easy to get to the cruise terminal.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Get the Taxi.... they will give you a slip before you get in the cab telling you what your fare will be, so there is no issue with the driver on price. I also got a cab for the ride after the cruise.

I traveled alone and did not have to wait for them to fill up a van so it is also faster.

I was there in May and going back after Thanksgiving I loved it so much.

Enjoy.

A taxi from San Juan airport is so easy...you don't even have to do it yourself, really. Just get in line. Someone will find out where you're going, how many in your party, how many bags. They'll put you in the appropriate vehicle and off you go...the fare is a set rate, so no worries about gouging or getting a fair price.

Carnival shuttles have to wait until they're pretty much full, so you could sit there a while before getting going. Still reliable, but generally slower overall.

I did this cruise 2014 and like i always do went online key in San Juan Airport Shuttle and found the perfect service for us, they were outside baggage claim service with a sign with our name took us to our destination with a tour of Old San Juan with a history of the area the cost $25 for 2 people with six pieces of luggage. Going again this November and have already contacted them for our pick-up.

I don't have time to read all the postings.

I just booked a Carnival Glory cruise for us in March, and knew we would need transportation. I booked this through my TA, but "thought" perhaps Carnival might be cheaper, so I called them, before booking the transportation through my TA. Carnival, for a round trip is $22.00 more than how my TA could get it.

Is it hard to get a taxi? Can we book one in advance?

Not necessary, it's very easy. Taxis are lined up at the airport and at the cruise port. When you get off of the ship, they have taxi dispatchers there to get you into one quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app