agua or concierge class

a.madruga

I don't see the attraction of Concierge. Priority embarkation, special lunch on embarkation, a cheap bottle of champagne, and bonus points. I love AQ because of Blu for breakfast and dinner. Most of the other perks of C apply as well. For me it is Blu. I would be willing to pay the difference. But, that is a personal choice.

I would say it depends on a couple of things we were on the Infinity in Sept & had Aqua, yes the dining room looks lovely & the dish ware are beautiful but service was dreadfully slow or very rushed, there was no consistency to it & tables are very close together I am not a fan of the big overhang on deck 9, deck 11 is complete opposite no shade at all. We also thought the food was very similar to the MDR with just different garnishes. We only paid $60. difference and that was ok.

For $230. I wouldn't do it on the Millenium class now maybe the Solstice class could be way different.

For that price I would do Aqua. We much prefer Blu over the MDR, quieter, easier to modify a menu item, more personalized. Another benefit is the shower and the bathroom mirror that doesn't fog and if you are a spa person access to Persian Gardens is included with Aqua.

We book Aqua and Concierge primarily C2. The C2 cabin advantage to me is p if you can book a hump cabin. The expanded bfast selection is nice also.

While we are not big fans of Blu it does offer another option in dining (I also agree the tables are just too close). We were disappointed with the overall spa experience on S class. It was nice to lay on the heated loungers and use steam and sauna but we did not make a habit of spending much time there.

Personally for 236 (assume is for a couple) I might dedicate that money to specialty dining venues. That said, if you are a frequent X cruiser maybe this is an ideal time to try AC to see if it is something you want to book in the future.

Happy Cruising.

looking at the two and want some input on which one is the better. Aqua is $230 more than concierge for six night cruise. Input is appreciated.

$230 divided by 6 days = $38.888888. To me $39.00 a day is worth it for the Persian Garden, Relaxation Room, and especially Blu. And, also the Points :).

I know that there are very vocal proponents on this site that praise Aqua and Blu, and that's fine. I find the C2 and C1 cabin locations to be generally better, and the question really comes down to price. I'm watching a couple of sailings that have Aqua $1,000 more than CC. Are you kidding me? For $2,000 a cabin, we can dine in the specialties and have money left over. I might pay $100 - 200 more total for Aqua, if I couldn't get a slant or aft CC cabin, but that's it. Don't put me in an Aqua cabin under the pool deck or oceanview cafe, please.