Ncl upgrade

BoozeCruiser83

I booked a cruise on pearl for this December about a year I advance. I now see that for about 60$ more per person there is an obstructed ocean view compared to my current inside room.

Can I call and pay the difference and keep my perks. ( same perks still being offered and it's not a guarantee room). Also would I have to rebook all of my shore/dining reservations and would I lose the extra latitudes points that I would get for booking so far in advance?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I booked a cruise on pearl for this December about a year I advance. I now see that for about 60$ more per person there is an obstructed ocean view compared to my current inside room.

Can I call and pay the difference and keep my perks. ( same perks still being offered and it's not a guarantee room). Also would I have to rebook all of my shore/dining reservations and would I lose the extra latitudes points that I would get for booking so far in advance?

You have already past final payment. You can call and ask,,,, but technically no.

remedy69

We've done this a couple times with no problem. The first time it was far enough in advance that we just canceled the original booking without penalty and rebooked the new cabin in order to take advantage of the better perks and double points that were being offered at the time. In this case, we didn't have any shoreex or dining reservations yet.

The second time was within the cancellation window. We called the upsell number and paid the fare difference and additional insurance cost. We retained the perks, shore excursions and Latitude points associated with the original booking. In fact we were specifically told that we were stuck with the original pick 2 "Free at Sea" perks even though the current promotion associated with the new cabin category was to pick 4.

NCL seems to be changing their policies so frequently lately that it is hard to say what is currently in effect. I would just call and ask your Cruise Consultant.

So I called and thought all was well and I was moving from inside to an obstructed ov for only 120 total. I asked 3 times to make sure I kept all perks and lattitudes points and was told yes.

WELL Once I got my email confirmation I realized that my beverage and dining package were gone! I called back and freaked out and they tried to tell me that I could add the 2 packages but would have to pay the 300+ dollars for the gratuities. I explained that those were paid for on my original

Booking and they said I had to pay again!!!! I freaked out and told them just to get me back to where I was inside cabin with my original perks paid in full. She was able to have superviser do this and basically said it was a good thing I checked my email and caught this now and not in a month .

So I am back to where I started. Inside cabin. It's a shame because I was excited for 10 minutes about my upgrade.

I would have called the Upsell dept but from reading on here I should wait until 14 days out to do so...

{Snipped}

So I called and thought all was well and I was moving from inside to an obstructed ov for only 120 total. I asked 3 times to make sure I kept all perks and lattitudes points and was told yes.

Don't ever accept a verbal statement when it involves "money". Get it in writing first and then agree.

As I frequently say; "Caveat Emptor"..

Don't ever accept a verbal statement when it involves "money". Get it in writing first and then agree.

As I frequently say; "Caveat Emptor"..

In writing or not, I don't understand why NCL would require the gratuities to be paid a second time. That makes absolutely no sense and something is not right. I would call back and talk to someone else.

I booked an NCL Alaska cruise on the Sun about a year and 1/2 before sailing. I booked a sideways inside cabin. About a month prior to the cruise, balcony cabins dropped and were going for a little more than I paid for the inside. I called and upgraded, specifically mentioning that I did not want to cancel and rebook, as I had two Latitude points per night for booking so early. I retained my original OBC and booking number, so I thought all was well.

After the sailing, when only 7 Latitude points hit my account for the cruise, I contacted them by e-mail about the missing 7 points. After weeks, their answer was that I had cancelled and rebooked, even though the invoice proof I have says differently. Subsequent request e-mails have been completely ignored by the Latitude department.

My take away from this is that NCL does whatever the heck NCL wants to do, when it wants to do it, and for whom it wants to do it.

I upgraded my parent BD balcony cabin to a mid ship mini suite next door to my aunty and uncle's mini suite.I paid £120 for the upgrade.My ta asked the man on the phone if they would keep their free promo's and he said yes.The ultimate beverage package and 6 nights dining package.Once changed my ta printed a new invoice out and they still had their promo's on.

Basically what you did is an upgrade - you lose your perks, but get the current perks. It could be that there were no service charges on the packages when you originally booked, but now there are. I did the exact same thing after final payment just a short time ago. I upgraded and lost my perks, but the new ones I got with my new booking were better :) because I kept my one internet package and added prepaid daily service charges.

I'm glad I've seen these posts.

Though what I did was watched the prices as my final payment date approached. As prices dropped, I was able to "upgrade" or re-book a higher category for the same price I was already paying. Basically the price for a balcony became the same price as the ocean view I booked 6 months ago.

It worked out in my favor because IMO the perks on the re-book where better, but that might not be the case for everyone.