Granddaughter (10) Cruising 1st Time

Hello,

Myself and DH will be bringing our 10year old GD on our cruise next March on the AOS. I know children acquire the same levels as their parents, does this rule apply to Grandkids as well?

she's going to be so excited she's been wanting to go since she was 7yrs old, my daughter has finally agreed to let me take her as she is terrified of sailing the Seas. This is for her Christmas and Birthday gift. I'm going to put a picture of the ship in a bix and wrap it and place it under the tree.

Hello,

Myself and DH will be bringing our 10year old GD on our cruise next March on the AOS. I know children acquire the same levels as their parents, does this rule apply to Grandkids as well?

she's going to be so excited she's been wanting to go since she was 7yrs old, my daughter has finally agreed to let me take her as she is terrified of sailing the Seas. This is for her Christmas and Birthday gift. I'm going to put a picture of the ship in a bix and wrap it and place it under the tree.

Only if she lives with you full time. You'll have a great time with her.

Hello,

only if you are her legal guardians and she resides with you full time. you can, of course, register for her own C&A club membership number and she will accrue points on her own but she will NOT be the same level you are nor will she be awarded the same status when sailing with you.

Hello,

I did this last year for my girls...with the picture I printed a nice "ticket" with their names, the date and name of the ship. They were so thrilled.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you mean Anthem or Allure? Regardless of ship, since she's not 13, expect to be with her at all activities. We had to stand in line for 3 hours to watch my son do 30 seconds on the trapeze.

Hello,

it will be the Aventure of Seas

I am sure you have thought it, but just a reminder, make sure you have correct paperwork to take her out the country; also appropriate insurance permission, etc.

Good Evening,

We know to get everything notorized, can you give more detail regarding insurance permission?

Good Evening,

We know to get everything notorized, can you give more detail regarding insurance permission?

I was thinking of medical issues primarily. You would need a copy of her insurance card with permission letter from her legal guardian for any medical treatment. Thinking if she should get sick, have an accident, etc.

I am no expert as far as traveling out of the country with minors that you don't have legal custody of - things like approval of both parents - but there are steps you need to take/follow.

Edited by Grandma Dazzles

When we travel with our grandson, we take along a notarized statement from both parents with their contact information, also states where we are traveling and giving us permission to make any medical decisions and authorize any care.

Sign her up for Adventure Ocean the first day even if you are not sure you will use it. It fills up on some sailings. I am sure you both will have a great time!