Azamara fan returns from Viking Sea Cruise.

Mrs Miggins

Pam, my mistake. It will be the lovely Tony.

I have been talking to Russ recently and I have his schedule....he is onboard Quest from June 21st - Oct 14th. It must be the lack of sleep affecting my brain....I'm on call for the second time in three days. Anyway, whether it's the lovely Tony or the fabulous Russ....you will have a great time. :)

Well, that needs correcting! I see the Quest's 2017 schedule jumps from September to November.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Bonnie there is also some errors on the November dates ( shows as Nov. 24 s/b Nov 20 ) and the December 1 sailing is missing .These are both Quest sailings We are booked b2b on these for 2017

Sharon

Bonnie there is also some errors on the November dates ( shows as Nov. 24 s/b Nov 20 ) and the December 1 sailing is missing .These are both Quest sailings We are booked b2b on these for 2017

Sharon

I know, it's odd.

The offices are closed for the day. But we will get it fixed asap.

Not defensive at all Missymom....I have never been on Viking Star. I have just booked my first cruise on Viking Sea in January and naturally I am interested in finding out all about the Viking ships, hence my interest in this very useful thread from Pam.

All I wanted was the true nature of the Viking incident to become apparent to everyone. Your post indicated it had "clipped the bridge" and I think that would mean some pretty serious damage, whereas actually there was just a little bit of paint scraped off the under side of the bridge by an antenna. You are probably correct and someone forgot to fold the antenna down. It was high tide and these things happen.

It's no big deal, no real damage was done to either bridge or ship....quite a non event really and I do not intend to spend any more time on it. I'm sure we both have much better things to do with planning our next cruises. :)

More details....

The US Army Corp of Engineers had to spend considerable money and time to inspect three bridges over the canal, a railroad and two car bridges, they had just inspected a few months earlier. The bridges are the cape cod evacuation route and the only means for people to get from cape cod, an island, and the mainland and back. So it is fortunately the damage done by Viking was minimal. Thought you'd like to learn the extent an accident did and could have played.