Who to contact - travel agent or Celebrity?

lizzy911

Two issues:

1. I want to link my reservation to my sister's reservation. I booked both cruises but separately through the same travel agent (huge big box). Should I call the TA or Celebrity directly to link?

2. Having issues with my hyphenated last name and getting my Captain's Circle number to work and be linked to my reservation. Who to call? It gets confusing because some systems have no hyphens and either put a space in between or smush the names together

We have 4 couples in our group, I got their booking #'s to my TA and she linked us. Now the others that used a diff form of booking had to do the same thing.

I am a "II" ( 2nd) and Celebrity has not gotten this straight with the Capt Club membership since we joined in 1994.

Two issues:

1. I want to link my reservation to my sister's reservation. I booked both cruises but separately through the same travel agent (huge big box). Should I call the TA or Celebrity directly to link?

2. Having issues with my hyphenated last name and getting my Captain's Circle number to work and be linked to my reservation. Who to call? It gets confusing because some systems have no hyphens and either put a space in between or smush the names together

1. You should call and speak with the agent you booked the Cruises with and make the requests. It's their booking not Celebrity's.

2. Call the Captains Club desk and explain to them your issues and ask if they can link your reservations.

Edited by davekathy

You will have to ask the travel agent. My sister was cruising with us and we wanted to link our reservations for our next cruise. The two of us, in person, with the Celebrity on-board rep could not do it. I had to contact our travel agent when we got home.

Travel agent. I can't even order an extension cord for my CPAP with Celebrity direct. They don't want to hear from you. I called them because my booking had a computer glitch and they would not fix the problem. TA did it in a few minutes. It's dumb.

TA. Celebrity can't do anything to your reservation if booked through a TA including talk to you! We're travelling with another couple in Dec. X website indicated no travelers linked with reservation. Travel agent linked us, but website doesn't show it. X website is notoriously messed up and TA has always delivered everything they're promised (and they've promised ALOT!), so I trust the TA

Two issues:

For Q2 - My sister has a hyphenated first name which is problematic in many cases. You can call Captain's Club first to get it corrected with name match your number. Then your travel agent should make sure your name on the reservation is correct - TA to call Celebrity. If your name/number doesn't match you will have problem checking in online later on.

Also the advise from a U.S. custom officer to my sister is that if the system doesn't allow hyphen there should be a space instead and NOT to combine into one word. this is especially important for airline tickets.

For Q2 - My sister has a hyphenated first name which is problematic in many cases. You can call Captain's Club first to get it corrected with name match your number. Then your travel agent should make sure your name on the reservation is correct - TA to call Celebrity. If your name/number doesn't match you will have problem checkinxg in online later on.

Also the advise from a U.S. custom officer to my sister is that if the system doesn't allow hyphen there should be a space instead and NOT to combine into one word. this is especially important for airline tickets.

We are sailing in Dec with friends on the Eclipse. We asked TA to link the reservations and they assured me that they were, and TA has always delivered everything promised. X website says no friends and family linked. I called captains club this morning to check, gave the rep both reservation numbers, she called the groups department, gave them our number and asked if we were linked for dining, they gave her my friend's reservation number and name. So. TA is good, X is good, celebity's IT department, not so much:( but that's an old story