Netflix?!

Depending on how it was encoded, a movie can be as little as 1GB to over 10GB for a full BlueRay version.

If you say so, I just download what I want and hope it fits, but thanks for the info. Going on the Majesty in a little over a week so we may download a couple for that one. Hope everyone has good sailings in their futures[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I thought it Sportsnet Now something new, just saw the ad last night. I know Bell's FIBE TV app stops working as soon as you cross the border. Had a felling this one would be the same way. thanks.

You're welcome.

The app itself was rebranded as new from last year, they made it available to anyone to buy individually if you didn't have cable.

My husband and I spent our nights on our honeymoon (Freedom of the Seas) watching the constant stream of Cops:Reloaded in our stateroom.

After all the chaos of a wedding and two demanding careers, we were relaxed and really enjoyed ourselves.

Not everyone is about the nightlife or mingling. :)

I don´t understand why People Need to be connected all the time and start watching stuff on TV or online on a cruise. It´s time to get unplugged and get away from it all. Why would you spend thousands on a cruise just to watch TV?

And I don't understand why others are so concerned and / or dismissive about how I choose to relax in the privacy of my own stateroom. Really, as long as the goat and the chicken don't escape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I don't understand why others are so concerned and / or dismissive about how I choose to relax in the privacy of my own stateroom. Really, as long as the goat and the chicken don't escape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love it!

I download several movies from Amazon Prime prior to our cruises. When I go on a cruise, it is to relax for a change. I am a 911 dispatcher and deal with stress everyday. I enjoy watching movies and tv shows to relax. I don't drink that often and I don't gamble. I love sitting out on my balcony and watch movies in the evening.

We are on a transatlantic right now on Brilliance. Last evening we watched a TED talk streamed from our laptop to the stateroom TV. We connected to the HDMI port on the TV through a small cable we brought. I was also able to get Netflix set up and a show started. Not sure if I will be able to stream the whole thing, but I did get it in. The TED talk was about 20 minutes and there were no problems watching it.

We are on a transatlantic right now on Brilliance. Last evening we watched a TED talk streamed from our laptop to the stateroom TV. We connected to the HDMI port on the TV through a small cable we brought. I was also able to get Netflix set up and a show started. Not sure if I will be able to stream the whole thing, but I did get it in. The TED talk was about 20 minutes and there were no problems watching it.

Forgot to say, we tuned the TV to channel 3

• 2 weeks later...

Chris, one think you may want to try is Chromecast. You can pick it up most places. You plug it into an HDMI port, and then from your ipad/tablet/laptop, you cast to the device. Someone asked about it recently, but I don't know if anyone has tried it yet.

I was going to suggest a fire stick. it is my goto travel media streaming device, since it allows you to enter information (like name and room number) on a proxy page. I have one just for my travel gadget bag. (along with a HooToo TripMate which serves as a travel router / wireless booster / battery / (and with a hard drive) a media server - movies on the plane when the net in the air is too slow)