New cabin decorating rules

firemanbobswife

Just got this in an email. Some of it looks familiar, but they must have made some tweaks to it. Thought some might find it helpful.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU CRUISE

October 11, 2016

Hi there!

While your bags may not be packed just yet, we wanted to let you know about some changes to our stateroom decoration policy, which will be strictly enforced with sailings departing October 31, 2016.

We recognize that some of our guests like to decorate their staterooms, and we, too, love seeing your creative decorations. However, for safety reasons, we must ask that you abide by the following guidelines when decorating your stateroom door or the interior of your stateroom.

• Only use fire retardant materials; items sprayed with fire retardant spray are not acceptable

• Decorations may only be placed on the stateroom door and not the surrounding frame, walls or railings

• You may use magnets and Command Strips but no adhesives such as tape or glue that may leave a residue

• Over-the-door hanging organizers must hang inside the stateroom, must also be of fire retardant material and cannot damage the door

• No decorations of any kind are allowed on balconies

• No decorations or items may be placed over light fittings or fixtures. This may restrict the airflow and cause the item to ignite

• No string lights of any kind

Please note, for the safety of all our guests and crew, any decorations not made of fire retardant material or deemed flammable, will be removed.

Additionally, all stateroom decorations purchased via our Fun Shops will be made of fire retardant materials as of October 31, 2016. For your convenience, we invite you to visit our website http://www.carnival.com/funshops if you are interested in making a purchase.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for understanding. Most importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard!

Sincerely,

Signature - Arlene Marichal

Arlene Marichal

Sr. Director, Guest Services - Contact Centers

Please do not reply to this email as the mailbox is not monitored.

This email was sent by: Carnival Corporation

Privacy Policy

Edited by firemanbobswife

I know next to nothing about fire retardant materials but it would seem that 95% of the stuff people use now would not be fire retardant. (various paper stock, streamers, photos, etc.)

I'm guessing so too. My mom won't be happy about the no string lights. She has a small strand that is run on a couple AA batteries that she likes to hang in the bathroom in case she needs to get up at night. Oh well.

I'm guessing so too. My mom won't be happy about the no string lights. She has a small strand that is run on a couple AA batteries that she likes to hang in the bathroom in case she needs to get up at night. Oh well.

I've heard several on these boards speak highly of the "flameless" candles like these:

https://www.amazon.com/Flameless-Candles-Realistic-Unscented-Tealights/dp/B00T28FWVS/ref=sr_1_7?s=furniture&ie=UTF8&qid=1476206287&sr=1-7&keywords=flameless+candles

Just got this in an email. Some of it looks familiar, but they must have made some tweaks to it. Thought some might find it helpful.

• No decorations or items may be placed over light fittings or fixtures. This may restrict the airflow and cause the item to ignite

Additionally, all stateroom decorations purchased via our Fun Shops will be made of fire retardant materials as of October 31, 2016.

I think these are the only two things that are different. I am wondering if now that the Fun Shops will be using fire retardant items if Carnival is going to enforce their rules. There are going to be a great number of unhappy people. I see posted over and over how folks have not had their decorations removed but did not fall in the guidelines. That might be changing.

We use a battery powered "candle" in the bathroom at night in case DH needs to get up. I always take 2 or 3 extra batteries as they do weaken with prolonged use. It gives a nice low light and is attractive without being dangerous.

If anyone finds out if those static cling type decorations are fire retardant please post. I have some that I like to use & would hate for them to be taken down & tossed. Is Carnival going to patrol the halls removing things & then tossing them? Or will they leave a warning note instructing you to take them down?

I keep a small flashlight on the dresser...no stubbed toes coming or going~

A magnetic touch light is great for the bathroom. I put it on the inside of the door and you just have to tap it. That way you don't have to turn on the big light.

The flameless, led candles are great little night lights.

:)

I'm glad we leave on the TA on 10-21-16 before the rules go into affect. I would hate not sailing with our Texas flag hanging off the balcony.

Hanging things off of the balcony has always been against the rules. It is a fire hazard.:rolleyes:

If anyone finds out if those static cling type decorations are fire retardant please post. I have some that I like to use & would hate for them to be taken down & tossed. Is Carnival going to patrol the halls removing things & then tossing them? Or will they leave a warning note instructing you to take them down?

They just remove them, no note.