What is the latest you can book a cruise?

Bimmie Girl

DH and I were discussing again wondering what is the latest you can get on a cruise? Say we are in the Port of Galveston and the ship is calling to us, can we just book to leave on one the next day? Can you book from the cruise terminal or does it have to be online or by calling the cruise line?

I told him that even going on line a few days or a week before a cruise that it will not show a cruise leaving the next week, so I think there is a cut off period. Is there? just curious.

DH and I were discussing again wondering what is the latest you can get on a cruise? Say we are in the Port of Galveston and the ship is calling to us, can we just book to leave on one the next day? Can you book from the cruise terminal or does it have to be online or by calling the cruise line?

I told him that even going on line a few days or a week before a cruise that it will not show a cruise leaving the next week, so I think there is a cut off period. Is there? just curious.

In many cases, you can book the day before, or even that morning. However, you cannot do it at the terminal (those folks can't sell tickets), you have to call up and do it on the phone direct with the cruise line. It does depend on the cruise line, and also on whether any cabins are available.

You can book a cruise the day the ship is leaving . 72 hours before the cruise you can only book direct with the call center or a TA. Cruises show online the they are leaving. They just don't show prices but say contact us at this phone number.

Princess allows you to book on their website up to two business days before sailing; ie a Saturday departure can still be booked online late Thursday afternoon. I know HAL cuts off several days earlier than that. As mentioned above Carnival is well known to allow booking through their call center the morning of sailing; not sure how many other lines can say that.

I booked an NCL Cruise @ 10 PM Thursday night for Fridays sailing. :D

I was @ the dock 12 hr's after booking. :cool:

This is what we wanted to know! IF anyone has done this and how soon before sailing, thanks for taking the time to answer!

Carnival I think lets you book the morning of by calling directly( Never at the pier)

Royal would be again, by calling directly or online but more like 48 hours out.

you will not be allowed into the terminal without a reservation/booking number .

of course this assumes there is even any empty berths at all. it has been our experience that Galveston sells out fast.

I booked an NCL Cruise @ 10 PM Thursday night for Fridays sailing. :D

I was @ the dock 12 hr's after booking. :cool:

The good thing about that is that you do not have much worry about having to wait months for your cruise to begin. For those of us who have to book in advance, we always have months of waiting for the cruise to start.

The good thing about that is that you do not have much worry about having to wait months for your cruise to begin. For those of us who have to book in advance, we always have months of waiting for the cruise to start.

This is so true and why we think about it from time to time. It would be a real stress free cruise, LOL

our last cruise Christmas/ new years we booked 3 days out. obstructed ov 1000.00 ea for an 18 day cruise.

a woman at our muster station booked at 9 am the morning of the cruise.

funny we weren.t even thinking about a cruise. we were sitting and having coffee just talking about what to do for Christmas. we went on the computer and saw the cruise.