First ever call from the Upsell Fairy - Harmony TA

jules815

Currently booked in a deck 8 GS and declined their offer of upgrading to a CL for $2700. Considering it's the same class, that seems high. I'm pretty happy with our location now, but if the price came down we might reconsider, and that's only if they reconsider calling us back! When I did call to decline I told her we were interested, but not at the price. I'm sure someone will take it.

Edited by jules815

Currently booked in a deck 8 GS and declined their offer of upgrading to a CL for $2700. Considering it's the same class, that seems high. I'm pretty happy with our location now, but if the price came down we might reconsider.

I know the suites are nice....but $2700 is more than we paid for both of us combined in a Superior Balcony cabin for our 7-day Eastern cruise.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

Currently booked in a deck 8 GS and declined their offer of upgrading to a CL for $2700. Considering it's the same class, that seems high. I'm pretty happy with our location now, but if the price came down we might reconsider, and that's only if they reconsider calling us back! When I did call to decline I told her we were interested, but not at the price. I'm sure someone will take it.

I wouldn't have taken that either. If it was from sky class to a star class suite, it would have been a different story.

I wouldn't have done that one either...that is a BIG jump. The one time we got "the call" we only had to pay $200 total for 2 of us to go from a balcony to a GS, we DID jump on that one and loved every minute. Good to know though that they are making the calls still, I would love to get that call but our next cruise we already booked an OS so all I could get above that is the Royal suite. Maybe next time.

I know the suites are nice....but $2700 is more than we paid for both of us combined in a Superior Balcony cabin.

Oh yeah I know. And we booked our GS during that time they were a good deal, so very happy with what we have. I probably would have jumped on it for $700, just because the room is unique, and it wouldn't be too shabby to have for a crossing.

Oh yeah I know. And we booked our GS during that time they were a good deal, so very happy with what we have. I probably would have jumped on it for $700, just because the room is unique, and it wouldn't be too shabby to have for a crossing.

Glad you already have something nice - enjoy!

I agree they wanted too much for upsell

that's way better than the offer we got! :D we're also in a GS, and they wanted $3600 for the CLS or $3900 for a 1 BR aqua suite. :eek: we said no.

tbh, we booked those couple days in june 2015 when the prices were super-low, so even if we had taken one of their offers, it still would have been a pretty decent price. but there is no way one of those suites is worth almost $4k more than a GS.

i also told her we'd do it for a lot less, and to let us know if an OS opened up at a reasonable price. needless to say, i have not heard back.

i also got a call for the med cruise the week before. that was my first ever upsell call. they wanted $2300 to go from a balcony to a GS. turned that one down, too, though i'm kind of regretting it. in my head i know it was too much, but in my heart i keep thinking "big balcony...coastal kitchen...double points...." :D