Where to stay night before cruise?

abihodges

Hello, I'm after some help to find out where's best to stay pre-cruise for the night. Planning on flying into Miami and staying either round there or Fort Lauderdale. Any suggestions? I'll be with my son who will be 12 and we will be looking for somewhere nice for dinner too! Thanks abi

Harmony of the seas

aWelcome to Cruise Critic!!!! I agree with Ken; plenty of good hotels in the Fort Lauderdale area with shuttles to the port of Miami. Also, I see that your roll call on October 28th isn't very active right now but I'm sure it will pick up next spring, as it gets closer to your sail date, so keep in touch with it!;) DH and I are on HOTS in October too but on the 7th for our anniversary with our DS and DD!:cool: Hope you have a great cruise celebration with your DD as well!:D

Edited by SilkySal
add word

I am a real fan of the DoubleTree Galleria at FLL. Rooms are great and the water taxi stops just a few steps from the pool bar. There is a very upscale mall across the street, plus some lesser scale places to pick up stuff pre-cruise.

We have stayed twice and are booked again at the end of the month.

Are your cruising out of Port Everglades or Miami! Stay near your port. If you're flying into Miami and cruising out of Ft. Laud, SAS Transportation will get you there MUCH cheaper than a cab.

If you are cruising out of the same city you're flying into..a cab is the best way.

Hello, I'm after some help to find out where's best to stay pre-cruise for the night. Planning on flying into Miami and staying either round there or Fort Lauderdale. Any suggestions? I'll be with my son who will be 12 and we will be looking for somewhere nice for dinner too! Thanks abi

Harmony of the seas

Where are you cruising out of? If you are cruising out of Miami, don't even think about staying in Fort Lauderdale. They are not convenient to each other. About an hour apart.

It sounds like you are doing the opposite of many cruisers and are flying into MIA but cruising from Port Everglades. Correct? :confused:

If you are arriving late I would stay near MIA and make my way to PE the next day. If you are arriving earlier in the day I would head straight to the FLL area. You can ride the Tri-Rail train from MIA to FLL for under $5 each as long as you can handle your own bags; most locals on this board suggest not riding the train at night :eek: Uber (about $45+), taxi (about $75+), a limo, a one-way car rental or a shuttle (about $35+ per person) are some other options.

http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info. A budget motel near MIA that is popular with cruisers is La Quinta East w/free airport shuttles and breakfast.

Good luck and have a great cruise! :)

Thanks for the suggestions! We cruise from FLL but im flying from Manchester and the best direct flights go into Miami, not booked flight yet so might investigate flying into FLL instead if we can. Sounds easier to fly into where we are leaving from by the sounds of it! I've seen a few people mention Everglades so might look to stay there, thanks abi

Harmony of the seas