Transfer to airport when you're staying in town a few days.

cowgrrl

We are booking a cruise to Japan & are wanting to stay in Tokyo for a few days afterwards. Can we get a transfer from the ship to the airport even if our flight doesn't leave for a few days after the ship arrives? We'd rather do that than try & take our luggage on a train. We do have a way to get from the airport to our hotel.

Thanks.

We are booking a cruise to Japan & are wanting to stay in Tokyo for a few days afterwards. Can we get a transfer from the ship to the airport even if our flight doesn't leave for a few days after the ship arrives? We'd rather do that than try & take our luggage on a train. We do have a way to get from the airport to our hotel.

Thanks.

I haven't disembarked a ship in Tokyo, but I don't think you can book a hotel to airport transfer through Princess unless you have booked a Princess post cruise hotel package. The hotel you are staying in probably can arrange an airport transfer. Mine did when I stayed in Tokyo for business purposes.

Yes. Just book the transfer and make up a flight time, so they will assign you a departure time. We have done it in the past.

Just as you say ... of course you can. We've done it before, too. Just look for a reasonable flight around the same time you want to get to the airport. You are paying for it ... it is not cheating.

I haven't disembarked a ship in Tokyo, but I don't think you can book a hotel to airport transfer through Princess unless you have booked a Princess post cruise hotel package. The hotel you are staying in probably can arrange an airport transfer. Mine did when I stayed in Tokyo for business purposes.

Had to read this a couple of times.....you may want to re-read the OP's post a little more carefully. ;)

It took me a few times but what I think the OP wants is a ship to airport transfer and then they will have a car to pick them up to to take them to their hotel. I see no reason why this wouldn't work though we've never done it in the past. Usually we arrange for a private transfer from the ship to the hotel.

I would think this would be fine. When you book airport transfers, the cruise line does require your return flight info., but it should still let you book the transfers. Worst case, call Princess to explain the situation, and they should be able to override the system for you. They were able to do that for us in a similar situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would think this would be fine. When you book airport transfers, the cruise line does require your return flight info., but it should still let you book the transfers. Worst case, call Princess to explain the situation, and they should be able to override the system for you. They were able to do that for us in a similar situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe the Personalizer now allows one to request a transfer without a flight. I did that on my last cruise...