Looks like Anthem is headed to the hurricane aftermath!

Kdamghani

Agree on all points.

In post #3, there was a reference to the ship not having any luck. In post 7, I mentioned that some other folks previously thought the decision to cruise out of Bayonne this time of year and to the ports scheduled. That's a valid point too...as so far as Anthem has had some "bad luck" in terms of being caught in bad Seas more than once.

In the end, we all share the main point/concern...which is everyone's safety.

I am also on the cruise going out this Saturday we have to hope for the best but really don't want to head east in Canada as that is where the hurricane is headed next. I did the Nordic out of NY years ago. It was rough even in June. But the leaving NY isn't the issue I did the Breakaway out of Manhattan in January and while we hit some heavy seas it was well after we left port.. A great cruise and if the price is right I will sail it again this upcoming

January.

I am also on the cruise going out this Saturday we have to hope for the best but really don't want to head east in Canada as that is where the hurricane is headed next. I did the Nordic out of NY years ago. It was rough even in June. But the leaving NY isn't the issue I did the Breakaway out of Manhattan in January and while we hit some heavy seas it was well after we left port.. A great cruise and if the price is right I will sail it again this upcoming

January.

The hurricane is heading away from Canada.

The eye is over Bermuda now. This is up there with the worst hurricanes that have hit Bermuda. Hope you all get to go but it may take a while for Bermuda to recover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have cousins scheduled for this sailing and I already told them they might want to pack some warmer weather clothes just in case. I have friends who live in Bermuda, so I am waiting on updates from them. As of 2 hours ago they still had power, so that was good!

The latest update is that 90% of the power is out. The Hurricane has passed 90 miles from Bermuda but there are still 100 mph winds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is reported there are downed power lines and poles but roads are passable and some power has been restored. Some serious damage but less than feared. A late eastward wobble may have spared Bermuda the worst winds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

Anthem won't be in Bermuda until Monday. The island is already starting cleanup, they already got a third of the power back that was lost. There should be no reason, you won't be going to Bermuda on Saturdays cruise. Nicole will be far out to sea by the time you cruise on Saturday, and there are no other storms being reported.

Anthem won't be in Bermuda until Monday. The island is already starting cleanup, they already got a third of the power back that was lost. There should be no reason, you won't be going to Bermuda on Saturdays cruise. Nicole will be far out to sea by the time you cruise on Saturday, and there are no other storms being reported.

I hope you are right!!! I feel bad if the cruise before ours, has to go to Canada. Not that I don't like Canada, but when you wait all year for your cruise thinking you are going to beautiful Bermuda and then it is cancelled....very discouraging. It is really the pier/port that I am concerned with.

Edited by champagne123
ggggssss

I hope you are right!!! I feel bad if the cruise before ours, has to go to Canada. Not that I don't like Canada, but when you wait all year for your cruise thinking you are going to beautiful Bermuda and then it is cancelled....very discouraging. It is really the pier/port that I am concerned with.

All is good we are on our way to Bermuda and so far this is the smoothest Bermuda sailing I have ever been on.